Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Sam Bradford looks like he bought a Sam Bradford jersey at the mall, and wore it to the game..

There is precedent.  I still remember this from when I was 11:

 

1985 All Star game at the Metrodome.  In those pre-internet days, you could get souvenirs for several teams at the Metrodome souvenir stands.  Thanks goodness because Lou Whitaker forgot his cap and jersey and someone went to the stands, purchased replica Tigers gear and used a marker to put a uniform number (thankfully he wore 1) on the back.

 

https://www.detroitathletic.com/blog/2011/07/22/how-lou-whitakers-forgetfulness-landed-him-in-the-smithsonian/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teal said:

The Jets are not making any changes. Thats just a concept I saw months ago.

 

And a reminder that players really shouldn't be consulted on uniform designs.  They come and go, but good designs will outlast them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So that was fun. What teams are tweaking/updating uniforms next season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Primzahl said:

So that was fun. What teams are tweaking/updating uniforms next season?

The Browns in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see the Ravens, Bengals and Cardinals get new uniforms... I think its time for those teams to refresh. 

 

And of course, the Buccs need to do something about those monstrosities as quickly as they are able!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

So a Jets player tweeted this out... 

 

 

He's been lobbying for new uniforms for the past couple weeks starting with this tweet. 

 

 

Anyone heard anything about the Jets making changes for next year maybe? New alt for this year? Change in green? 

 

Lee seems to have taken it upon himself to spearhead the Twitter grassroots campaign for new jerseys. I don't think I have heard anything else besides from him on Twitter, so I don't know if there really is any indication the Jets might do something.

 

If they do, I don't know where they go. I'd like to see an actual jet incorporated somewhere and I wouldn't hate the retro one in that concept or the even more retro plane, but I'm unsure of going straight throwback with no modernization.

 

y09c9rfac1n79trqqcefemcyo.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Skape7 said:

I'd like to see the Ravens, Bengals and Cardinals get new uniforms... I think its time for those teams to refresh. 

 

And of course, the Buccs need to do something about those monstrosities as quickly as they are able!

 

Bucs are eligible for a change in 2019.

 

Ravens unis aren't bad, but a tad dated. The Color Rush purple is better than the regular purple. I think a refresh on the helmet stripes would be cool (using purple and gold).

 

Cardinals need a new, traditional look.

 

I really wouldn't be surprised if the Jets brought back green helmets in the next couple of years.

 

Bengals need a refresh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

 

Lee seems to have taken it upon himself to spearhead the Twitter grassroots campaign for new jerseys. I don't think I have heard anything else besides from him on Twitter, so I don't know if there really is any indication the Jets might do something.

 

If they do, I don't know where they go. I'd like to see an actual jet incorporated somewhere and I wouldn't hate the retro one in that concept or the even more retro plane, but I'm unsure of going straight throwback with no modernization.

 

y09c9rfac1n79trqqcefemcyo.gif

 

Yeah, i'd definitely want to see the return of a Jet in the logo. 

 

Give me this logo, or maybe a slight update to it.

 

5gtfjeljv9kf52bdv9otg3fhf.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the uniform changes for this upcoming season, I'd rate them:

1. Miami

2. Tennessee

3. Jacksonville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

 

Lee seems to have taken it upon himself to spearhead the Twitter grassroots campaign for new jerseys. I don't think I have heard anything else besides from him on Twitter, so I don't know if there really is any indication the Jets might do something.

 

If they do, I don't know where they go. I'd like to see an actual jet incorporated somewhere and I wouldn't hate the retro one in that concept or the even more retro plane, but I'm unsure of going straight throwback with no modernization.

 

y09c9rfac1n79trqqcefemcyo.gif

 

The tail (or the wings) is really awkward in this logo. The horizontal stabilizers don't match the wings, if the plane is rotated towards us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

The tail (or the wings) is really awkward in this logo. The horizontal stabilizers don't match the wings, if the plane is rotated towards us.

 

I agree .. that's probably why they got rid of it after only one season, their final season at the Polo Grounds in 1963 before moving into the newly built Shea Stadium in 1964.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2018 at 1:30 PM, VDizzle12 said:

NFL Banning 10 Helmets for 2018

 

Looks like the new Vicis helmets performed the best. I'm glad they were able to improve the facemask designs. The first originals looked horrible. Hopefully more players will start wearing them.

 

Interesting that the helmet used as the Browns logo will no longer be allowed. Probably why it's not a good idea to have equipment as your logo.

 

Where is the regular schutt air on that list? I know Frank Gore and Garcon still wear it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also have to say with the Browns drafting what you'd assume is their QB of the future and embarking on what they hope is a new era of competitive football, the league should allow them to go forward with the new uniforms for 2019, and perhaps wear 60's era throwbacks a few times this year. Throw 'em a bone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Also have to say with the Browns drafting what you'd assume is their QB of the future and embarking on what they hope is a new era of competitive football, the league should allow them to go forward with the new uniforms for 2019, and perhaps wear 60's era throwbacks a few times this year. Throw 'em a bone.

Well the Browns won't be able to catch that bone so the uniforms will stay until 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Also have to say with the Browns drafting what you'd assume is their QB of the future and embarking on what they hope is a new era of competitive football, the league should allow them to go forward with the new uniforms for 2019, and perhaps wear 60's era throwbacks a few times this year. Throw 'em a bone.

Absolutely.. They've sold as many of those hideous jerseys as they're gonna sell at this point..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m thinking of buying my first uni that’s not a Chinese knock off, should I go game, limited or elite? Worth the prices? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jt0323 said:

I’m thinking of buying my first uni that’s not a Chinese knock off, should I go game, limited or elite? Worth the prices? 

Limited

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now