NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

On 1/5/2018 at 3:34 PM, Gr3g3 said:

What is the word on the streets about their changes? Haven't heard much of anything.

You're right. There hasn't been much out there, but the things I have heard aren't making me feel any better. Strunk said something like "the changes are not minor" and "I haven't seen anything else in the league like this." I take both of those things as negatives.

Also, when a reporter mentioned to her that most of the fans like the secondary logo better than the primary, she acted shocked and said she had no idea. On that front as well, she just paid a :censored: ton of money to upgrade the locker rooms and I've heard the design there features several expensive permanent fixtures featuring the flaming thumbtack.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/1/2018 at 6:28 PM, Ice_Cap said:

One-helmet rule isn’t going anywhere. Partially because they want to cover their asses on the legal side of things. And partially because aside from us? No one cares about the one-helmet rule. 

The league is afraid of ex-players suing the NFL.

People who care about the one-helmet rule care because of the fact that it hinders teams from matching their helmet with their throwback uniforms. Eagles owner Lurie, I think, wanted to make a proposal to waive that rule but for some reason it couldn't go through.

17 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Interesting that the helmet doesn't have stripes in that artwork. Assuming it was just a designer error that wasn't caught?

Probably.  The locker room has been like that since summer of 2016.  

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Players-React-to-Changes-Inside-Building-New-Locker-Room-/842a06e5-2540-4d72-8a6e-477cfe33a68b

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I don't think that Titans locker room shows anything new.

Nope.  But it shows that they've been putting money into putting the current logo around the place.  Now, that doesn't mean they're not changing it next year.  But it could.

Two years is a long time. Even if they intended to eventually change the logos and wordmarks at that point, that wouldn't necessarily keep them from jazzing up the joint with their current brand. Money wouldn't really be an issue in the interest of making the players feel juiced to work there.

So we have the Titans and Jags changing next year. Hopefully the Browns and Bucs change as soon as they can (19 & 20 respectively)

Has there been anything on whether the Rams are pushing back the uniforms to 2020 to go with the Stadium delay? I know we won’t get anything official for sales/marketing reasons.

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I wonder how far in advance teams actually have a uniform redesign completed before actually unveiling them.

Months.  Considering that most teams have merchandise in place to sell the very day that the design is unveiled to the public.

Two things ...

1) If there are changes to the Jags and Titans I don't see a logo change. And, I'd see a bigger change coming from the Titans than Jags with an uniform overhaul and helmet striping change. The Jags just need to fix their stupid to a solid black lid and their look isn't "BAD" ... but I wouldn't be surprised if the teal and black jerseys were swapped as home/alternate.

2) I don't mind the Titans look. Sure, it's dated somewhat, but it's not bad when they don't go monochrome or with the dark blue pants. And, I like the flaming thumb tack logo, it works.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

20 minutes ago, kimball said:

Two things ...

1) If there are changes to the Jags and Titans I don't see a logo change. And, I'd see a bigger change coming from the Titans than Jags with an uniform overhaul and helmet striping change. The Jags just need to fix their stupid to a solid black lid and their look isn't "BAD" ... but I wouldn't be surprised if the teal and black jerseys were swapped as home/alternate.

2) I don't mind the Titans look. Sure, it's dated somewhat, but it's not bad when they don't go monochrome or with the dark blue pants. And, I like the flaming thumb tack logo, it works.

The Jags black jersey is bad. Get rid of the stupid teal sleeves and it improves. Also give the pants normal stripes. I'm a huge fan of the white jersey with black sleeves, though. I think that is a solid looking jersey and works well with the white pants and black socks. 

1 hour ago, kimball said:

Two things ...

I believe the Jags will do the following: 

1. Change helmets
  2. Completely new template for the jersey and pants
  3. Make teal the primary jersey
  4. Add traditional stripes to the pants

spacer.png

Archived