NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Because that would be dumb.  Why would the bird be flying backwards?

How would the bird be flying backwards any more than if the logo were presented by itself? I feel like we're not connecting. If the Eagles had their primary logo on their helmets, I would just have the face mask on their helmet graphic be on the left, so the logo would be displayed in its proper orientation. I feel like all of the arguments about starting your eye closer to the focal point could apply just as easily to the helmet, as well.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

How would the bird be flying backwards any more than if the logo were presented by itself? I feel like we're not connecting. If the Eagles had their primary logo on their helmets, I would just have the face mask on their helmet graphic be on the left, so the logo would be displayed in its proper orientation. I feel like all of the arguments about starting your eye closer to the focal point could apply just as easily to the helmet, as well.

It doesn't work like that.  Those shots are standardized.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

But... but wait - 

The jags were criticized by many for having their logo facing "away" on their jersey, because it's on the left chest but facing right.

Most licensed polo shirts also have a logo in the same area.  Wouldn't it make more sense for it to face left?  I think it looks way more natural for a logo to be facing "in" to a person's chest rather than "out" as if it's running away.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, OaklandIsBack said:

You have to respect BBTV's relentless dedication and loyalty to all things Philadelphia

It's beyond "lazy" to dismiss someone's opinions by calling them a homer rather than to provide some counter points.  Try harder.

I'm among the most objective posters on this board.  I legitimately think it's appropriate for a bird logo to be flying left, and in most applications (with the obvious, and significant exception being the helmet graphic) it works better than right.

I don’t really follow the pro bowl, but it bugs the crap out of me because the bucs flags almost always are reversed on the sleeves.

KISSwall09.jpg

3 hours ago, hormone said:

I don’t really follow the pro bowl, but it bugs the crap out of me because the bucs flags almost always are reversed on the sleeves.

Really?  They point backwards?  Thats especially bad for a flag graphic.  

Guess I don’t watch the Pro Bowl enough to notice.  Which makes sense, because I never watch the Pro Bowl. 

19 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

The Eagles bird faces left so the feathers make the shape of an E... In that case, right to left makes sense.

Stop it.

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm among the most objective posters on this board.

:lol:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Really?  They point backwards?  Thats especially bad for a flag graphic.  

Guess I don’t watch the Pro Bowl enough to notice.  Which makes sense, because I never watch the Pro Bowl. 

It’s been correct a few times, but reversed more often than not. Look at the year Winston was qb...I’d attach a pic, but I’m on my iPad and technology challenged 

KISSwall09.jpg

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

They actually have an E logo but never use it.

4640.png

Pretty sure that’s no longer in the graphics package. 

12 hours ago, Chawls said:

:lol:

Provide evidence otherwise. I’m serious. 

Archived