NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

The Jets' current logo is IMO one of the worst in the league; there's too much going on inside the oval. They've also never had a logo in their history that has appealed to me.

The NHL's Winnipeg has the same name, but manages to have a tolerable logo... why can't New York?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The Jets' current logo is IMO one of the worst in the league; there's too much going on inside the oval. They've also never had a logo in their history that has appealed to me.

The NHL's Winnipeg has the same name, but manages to have a tolerable logo... why can't New York?

I think part of it has to do with orientation.. Winnipeg's logo flies straight upward, which makes sense on a sweater.. But that would look awkward on a helmet.. I'm not saying there isn't a solution, I'm just saying they're fewer and further-between than you might think..

Agreed.  What works on a hockey sweater won’t necessarily work on a baseball cap or a football helmet. 

Fortunately, if the Jets want to change their helmet logo they already have the perfect replacement on their logo slick. 

944.png

So much better than a literal Jet that will instantly be dated, and so much better than that ugly 80s wordmark.  This one is modern but respectful of the team history, and could seamlessly integrate with their uniforms. 

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Agreed.  What works on a hockey sweater won’t necessarily work on a baseball cap or a football helmet. 

Fortunately, if the Jets want to change their helmet logo they already have the perfect replacement on their logo slick. 

944.png

So much better than a literal Jet that will instantly be dated, and so much better than that ugly 80s wordmark.  This one is modern but respectful of the team history, and could seamlessly integrate with their uniforms. 

It's okay, but it still is incredibly bland and could be "Anything New York". 

Would look better with contrails incorporated into it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Speaking of the Jets, they've been using 2 different font logos since 2010 and it's been bothering me ever since. IMG_7714.PNG.9e92897863aecd2626c0fc1e1cc

2000px-New_York_Jets_wordmark.svg.png

Your Driving my OCD Crazy with the different colors!

Drive for five..... Shots to my head

With the Seats burning at Citi ahead

23 hours ago, daveindc said:

Pleeease Jets, pleeeease. Give us modern update of the 80s logo and a lighter shade of actual green. Not something that looks brown. 

4 hours ago, insert name said:

Speaking of the Jets, they've been using 2 different font logos since 2010 and it's been bothering me ever since. IMG_7714.PNG.9e92897863aecd2626c0fc1e1cc

2000px-New_York_Jets_wordmark.svg.png

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It's okay, but it still is incredibly bland and could be "Anything New York". 

Would look better with contrails incorporated into it.

They represent New York. Quite possibly the most famous city in the world. They should absolutely emphasize the city over the team nickname. 

13 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

They represent New York. Quite possibly the most famous city in the world. They should absolutely emphasize the city over the team nickname. 

Fair, but the current logo doesn't really do that (the "Jets" dominates the outlined and muddled NY), and plus, the nickname lends itself to great ideas. It's possible to emphasize the city while also adding small elements of the nickname.

When people think about the New York Jets, they don't think New York...they think J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!  The team's real identity is the nickname, not the city. The team has emphasized Jets over New York in its logos for nearly 60 years.

The Giants have a rather abstract nickname to really showcase, and thus have relied on NY logos (or simple GIANTS script to piss off the NY city leadership)...but the Jets could set themselves apart as they have in the past from every other "We're New York!! NY!!" team.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

24 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Steelers minority owner to buy the Panthers. I wonder what this means for their uniforms

Hopefully not much. The Panthers' uniform is a modern classic. Extend the shoulder stripes back to being true shoulder loops and they'd be damn near perfect.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I don't care if it's unpopular or not because I know it is, but I want the Panthers to have a MAJOR redesign, something completely modern. There are so many things wrong with their uniforms that small tweaks just wouldn't be enough to fix.

• Silver is too prominent; blue should be used more.
  • The striping is ugly, especially on the helmet. The way players wear their jerseys (like the way Newton does) makes the shoulder stripes look like giant rubber bands.
  • Since their logo doesn't have an outline (and it absolutely should, by the way), it makes it look like a tacked-on sticker on the helmet (and it shouldn't look like that).
  • The block numerals aren't necessarily bad... I actually like them in general, but they just wouldn't fit a modern identity IMO.

I'm not afraid of Nike possibly going "too crazy"... it's better than having these currently outdated uniforms in place.

Archived