NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

49 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

The Jets didn’t look better when they were with Reebok either.  Remember the pea soup look? This past season was the best they look with the new template, better than the flywire garbage that most NFL teams used.  Not perfect by any means but better than it was.

I'll take pea soup (which it never looked like) over what they got now, at least it looks green. 

XM4KeeA.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

The biggest changes I would like to see is to:

Fix the inconsistent stripes

Get rid of the logos on the pants and jersey (replace with numbers i.e raiders)

They have shoulder numbers.. Putting them on the sleeve as well would look silly

12 hours ago, insert name said:

I'll take pea soup (which it never looked like) over what they got now, at least it looks green. 

yeah, i agree they looked better in reebok than current nike. the best the current set ever looked was probably pre-2003 reebok, which was made, if i'm not mistaken, first by starter, then by nike. 

still, the current set was basically a change more for culture than anything else. parcells wanted them to go traditional and set away from the 1-15 uniforms, and the darker shades were en vogue back then, so they darkened up the green. now it just looks like a drab, generic set. we'll see what kind of hints/news we get tomorrow evening, but it certainly feels like they're going to make a chance in the near future.

IMHO The Jets starter jerseys in 98 were the best. Followed by the Nike set they wore in 99 & 00. When Reebok took over the green was darkened ever so slightly and the stripes were moved higher up to the shoulder and shortened. Also they made the back of the sleeves green. BtVDl0v.jpgr0khIAC.jpgBUCCANEERS_JETS__bw_t640.thumb.jpg.533032210435e7245c84771e916407ef.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

42 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Steelers announce that they will be wearing a throwback uniform. Interesting to see what it is.

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/997103693362356224?s=19

I remember seeing speculation that it would be the 1966-67 "Batman" jersey.

CS12KXqXIAA14yM.png

They're a little bit limited because they need to pick a uniform with black helmets, due to the one-helmet policy, which eliminates accurate throwbacks from the 1945-62 period. But even aside from that rule, the only truly distinct options are the 1963-65 jerseys with yellow numbers and arm stripes (which are essentially the same jerseys as the 1946-62 throwbacks with a yellow helmet that they wore from 2007-2011), the bumblebee throwbacks they're currently wearing, or the 1933 "shield" throwbacks that they wore in 1994. Since the Batman jerseys are the only throwbacks that haven't already been used, more or less, I think they're going to go with those.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 5/15/2018 at 7:46 AM, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Steelers minority owner to buy the Panthers. I wonder what this means for their uniforms

Look at what the last one did to Cleveland's uniforms.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, whitedawg22 said:

I remember seeing speculation that it would be the 1966-67 "Batman" jersey.

CS12KXqXIAA14yM.png

They're a little bit limited because they need to pick a uniform with black helmets, due to the one-helmet policy, which eliminates accurate throwbacks from the 1945-62 period. But even aside from that rule, the only truly distinct options are the 1963-65 jerseys with yellow numbers and arm stripes (which are essentially the same jerseys as the 1946-62 throwbacks with a yellow helmet that they wore from 2007-2011), the bumblebee throwbacks they're currently wearing, or the 1933 "shield" throwbacks that they wore in 1994. Since the Batman jerseys are the only throwbacks that haven't already been used, more or less, I think they're going to go with those.

I would be fine with that.  I love those jerseys.

The only other option that go with black helmets would be the white versions of these.  However, I doubt they would go with a white throwback.

1964_Pittsburgh.png

1965_Pittsburgh.png

I also really like the diamond sleeve jersey.  However, I doubt even more that they would wear a jersey that was only worn in the preseason.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

59 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

Niners are euthanizing their black alts and unveiling a new alt for next year.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/5/17/17364882/49ers-new-alternate-uniforms-2018-replacing-black

All white?  All gold?  Throwback?  Anything's better than that black thing.

Now I'm confused on the five-year rule...hasn't every team kept its alternate jersey for at least five years? Or am I misremembering the details?

Could the "new" alternate just be subtle tweaks to the old black jersey?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Come on 1997 Uniforms: 

1997_SanFrancisco.png

I grew up as a 49ers fan, and I liked this set much better once they switched to gold pants in 1998:

1998_SanFrancisco.png?6181

Not only did the pants provide better balance with the helmet (which was the only significant gold element on the 1996-97 uniforms), but they fit in better with the dominant teams of the 80s and early 90s. However, the one caveat about bringing that back today would be that the 1998 pants were a magnificent, rich gold, and I don't know if Nike's current textiles (which lean more toward drab matte colors) could replicate them:

49ers-Jets-1998-007.jpg

The 1998 uniforms wouldn't look nearly as good with khaki-ish pants like the 49ers have in their current set.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 hour ago, JagAaron33 said:

Niners are euthanizing their black alts and unveiling a new alt for next year.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/5/17/17364882/49ers-new-alternate-uniforms-2018-replacing-black

All white?  All gold?  Throwback?  Anything's better than that black thing.

25th anniversary season since the 1994 team. Maybe it's the fauxbacks they wore that season?

4 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

25th anniversary season since the 1994 team. Maybe it's the fauxbacks they wore that season?

I'd think they'd wear them in 2019.

The beginning of the 1994 season through the end of the-2018 season is indeed 25 seasons...but it'd be odd for the team to do it like that in 2018. Wearing a league wide patch in 1994, then celebrating an anniversary a year before the league celebrates 100th season is playing too much with the season/anniversary system. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Now I'm confused on the five-year rule...hasn't every team kept its alternate jersey for at least five years? Or am I misremembering the details?

Could the "new" alternate just be subtle tweaks to the old black jersey?

I had this thought too because the Steelers were the ones who mentioned that their bumblebee alts were subject to the five-year cycle. However, I wonder if they have a loophole here since they used their black jersey as the color rush after its first year. In essence, dropping what is technically their “fourth” jersey could have no bearing on how they treat what is to be their “third” jersey.

Archived