NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

15 hours ago, Gupti said:

The NFLPA rookie premiere had Jaguars and Dolphins players wearing last years uniforms for their photoshoots (no Titans players showed up so who knows what they would’ve done with them). Usually you only see this level of negligence in local news stations using old versions of logos, but this is new. Pretty embarrassing of them to misrepresent the teams’ brands like that at an official event where they usually get things right.

F0904_F4_B_0_AC4_4659_A0_A6_70_C707525_A

This picture bugs me. Everyone in the second row needs to take a step to their right. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Isn't this the second year in a row that Lions Rookies have worn the throwback for the picture?

Plus, they paired it with the normal helmets:

Ddl2IJKVQAAnV6A.png

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Man, I really hope Nike is paying you, because you are working hard for them.

Not a penny.  Just speaking absolute truths here, much like you and the guys who liked your comment. 

19 hours ago, The_Creek said:

In my opinion, I think that's going to be the case, the 1994 road uniform returning which will serve multiple purposes as a throwback, an alternate and a color rush uniform.

Throwbacks and alternates are essentially the same in NFL land. Two times per season. See: Rams, Cowboys, Falcons, Bears, Steelers, Dolphins

For the most part it's been alternate-throwback, or alternate-Color Rush, with a handful of stand-alone alternates.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, GFB said:

Plus, they paired it with the normal helmets:

Ddl2IJKVQAAnV6A.png

This is actually what I’ve always envisioned for the Lions. Throw that stripe on the pants, ditch the outlines from the lion, and maybe customize the numbers a little (similar to how the Jags approached theirs) or use the current ones in solid silver, and this is absolute gold, in my opinion (or silver, as it may be).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

This is actually what I’ve always envisioned for the Lions. Throw that stripe on the pants, ditch the outlines from the lion, and maybe customize the numbers a little (similar to how the Jags approached theirs) or use the current ones in solid silver, and this is absolute gold, in my opinion (or silver, as it may be).

We’re on the same page:

DdlP3UFVMAE023X?format=jpg&name=large

6 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

That new helmet looks so good. I'm not gonna miss those jerseys, though.

Minority opinion - I like the patch better than the floating Jag head.  Wish they would have kept it. 

1 hour ago, crosfam said:

Minority opinion - I like the patch better than the floating Jag head.  Wish they would have kept it. 

I completely agree there. I don't like a jersey patch that matches what is on the helmet. Give me something different to look at. If not the shield, fine, but something else then if they insist on putting something there.

10 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I'm not a fan of "jersey patches" to begin with.. Especially in the form of a team logo.. A wordmark on the chest, small collar logo, or separate patch altogether (Like the Chiefs' memorial patch) are about the only options I like

That's how I feel. If the Steelers dropped their chest logo, the uniform wouldn't lose any kind of value. 

consider this a jets update:

my take: they were going to announce that new uniforms are in the works, but (rightly) decided not to say anything. after all, LOTS of jets fans are going to be buying sam darnold jerseys this summer and fall. why tell people what they just bought is about to be outdated.

think it's fair to say we should put the jets on the watch list (no pun intended) for uni tweaks and/or a redesign in 2019 or 2020.

Just now, baymenxpac said:

consider this a jets update:

my take: they were going to announce that new uniforms are in the works, but (rightly) decided not to say anything. after all, LOTS of jets fans are going to be buying sam darnold jerseys this summer and fall. why tell people what they just bought is about to be outdated.

think it's fair to say we should put the jets on the watch list (no pun intended) for uni tweaks and/or a redesign in 2019 or 2020.

Or darron lee gets traded and what happens next? 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Whenever a player starts taking such an interested and active role in the team's uniform, look out.

Something horrible is coming your way.

I really resent this line of thinking. This guy keeps sharing photos of a Jets uniform that had a better green, better logo, and is super clean and traditional. 

He’s an individual with individual tastes. Treating him like he’s exactly the same as all other players puts a bad taste in my mouth.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

28 minutes ago, scraw28 said:

Or darron lee gets traded and what happens next? 

hahaha, well...jamal adams is a champion of it, too. so there's that.

i think there's enough smoke here that will probably lead to something in the next year or two.

Archived