NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/23/2018 at 12:41 PM, aawagner011 said:

This is terrible. Fanatics is truly one of the worst things that’s happened to the sports merchandising business. So much generic, low quality crap.

Update:

This aspect is good and will presumably give a much wider array of options rather than 5-6 players per team. But if the quality is anything like I’ve heard from their tees and NHL jerseys (isn’t MLB doing this too?), it will be a significant downgrade.

I've liked everything I've got from them, I agree they aren't always the most creative designs though.

I don't know if this has been discussed already (my apologies if so), but I find it interesting that on the Madden 19 cover TO is wearing the Cowboys standard 1983 whites but with silver pants instead of seafoam green. I hope that translates to the on the field product, but that's mostly wishful thinking.

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, JWhiz96 said:

I don't know if this has been discussed already (my apologies if so), but I find it interesting that on the Madden 19 cover TO is wearing the Cowboys standard 1983 whites but with silver pants instead of seafoam green. I hope that translates to the on the field product, but that's mostly wishful thinking.

It looks like they photoshopped his uniform. There is no NFL Equipment logo or Reebok logo.

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6M

bSLCtu2.png

How the effing mother effing dumb ass mother effing eff is TO considered a Cowboy for HOF purposes?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I dont know if Brandon Moore mentioned it already but according to the new logo slick the Dolphins still have the tramp stamp on the pants.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

59 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

How the effing mother effing dumb ass mother effing eff is TO considered a Cowboy for HOF purposes?

The HOF edition is just for Madden. The standard version of the game will also have him in a Cowboys uniform. It doesn't mean Owens got into the HOF because of his days as a Cowboy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I've liked everything I've got from them, I agree they aren't always the most creative designs though.

Talked with some people in the industry yesterday, and the feeling is that Nike is just outsourcing production of their product to Fanatics, rather than Fanatics just slapping a Swoosh on their own much-cheaper product.

We're trying to put the pieces together because this could affect us greatly if Nike is downsizing inventory.  So, we're speculating.

But, I can't see Nike just letting Fanatics put cheap product out there with a Swoosh on it, so I would guess that Fanatics would use the production plant they acquire in Pennsylvania - the Majestic plant that makes all of the MLB unis now - to manufacture either the new MLB unis OR NFL/MLB licensed apparel OR both.  With the press release's note about wanting speed to consumer, this makes sense to have the product cut, sewn, and printed state-side.  It's what I at least hope happens, for those who have jobs in that plant, and for the local and national economy as a whole.

Nike outsources production of headwear, some uniforms, and recently sent all football/baseball gloves to a 3rd party manufacturer as well.  It makes sense to let a manufacturer manage the overhead while you run a leaner ledger sheet.  

I think we'll same the same product, it'll just be produced somewhere else.  In the end, this could be a good thing for all.

14 hours ago, Kiltman said:

This is going to be horrible. I have seen some of the Fanatics branded merchandise and the quality was not great. I saw someone with a Seahawks sweatshirt, the green was off and the material looked really cheap.

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Really for video game marketing purposes... considering he is woven into both 9ers and Cowboys history, I have occasionally wondered how different his legacy would be if he was just 2-3 years older and came into the league in 1993-4 when Dallas and SF were at the height of their powers.

15 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Even by the standards of this board this is petty.

What’s petty? The fact that some people have conniptions about the Packers and Panthers keeping the old pre-Nike template? Or finding that amusing?

I can see how my reaction to finding that amusing might be petty, but it’s got nothing on how Nike fanboys lose their crap at the idea of a NFL team using someone else’s fabrics. 

And despite admitting my position was petty? Meh. I’ve dealt with Nike Swooshkateers for long enough to no longer give much of a crap. 

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Showing undying loyalty to a shoe company is among the most stupid of games. 

6 hours ago, sisdog said:

This is going to be horrible. I have seen some of the Fanatics branded merchandise and the quality was not great. I saw someone with a Seahawks sweatshirt, the green was off and the material looked really cheap.

Yea it's a very small view I'm coming from, got a handful of stuff after the eagles won the super bowl and thought it all fit great and felt pretty good.
Not trying to be an ambassador for the brand or anything ha

They do have a very paint by numbers style across the league I see

1 hour ago, Gr3g3 said:

Jaguars new helmet in action durings OTAs

ji2afuydarcntys4cpkc.jpg

cowly9i5puijxfm1gw7h.jpg

tpw2qurpysllyh0rw17f.jpg

It's SO beautiful :wub:

Very nice, but I still think it's weird the gold shading on the head switched. Technically they changed the logo, but they didn't.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, GFB said:

The wrong gold is highlighted on the logo. How can they get something like that wrong?

It was that way at the unveiling, too. It seems like it's supposed to be this way now.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Very nice, but I still think it's weird the gold shading on the head switched. Technically they changed the logo, but they didn't.

Someone in the trust tree there is very confused how shadows work.

At least this is less noticeable than the two tone "leaping from the shadows" look that went backwards

Archived