NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

22 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

How many different uniforms have the Jaguars had? Do they just change them at every opportunity?

If the Jags do change them this offseason that will make the last two jerseys lasting for just the minimum 5 year requirement.

That speaks a lot to the mistake of switching a solid look they had for -- what? -- a solid decade? 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, kimball said:

If the Jags do change them this offseason that will make the last two jerseys lasting for just the minimum 5 year requirement.

That speaks a lot to the mistake of switching a solid look they had for -- what? -- a solid decade? 

Good point. The last two have gotten progressively worse.

49 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

How many different uniforms have the Jaguars had? Do they just change them at every opportunity?

Not counting the leaping jaguar ones that were never worn, I can think of 5:

- Original set with block font

jacksonville-jaguars-james-stewart-127-p

- Original set with new font and teal road numbers

1553721_web1_mccardell.jpg?itok=4Q9Xpc1u

- Original set with new font black road numbers

Jaguars-vs-Titans-02-mw-090907.jpg

- Modern upgrade with piping and teal fleck black helmets (amazing helmets)

9cf4c10cf0533c02d49cf15fd8bb7c98.jpg

- Current set

os-sp-ap-leonard-fournette-defense-lead-

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Not counting the leaping jaguar ones that were never worn, I can think of 5:

- Original set with block font

jacksonville-jaguars-james-stewart-127-p

- Original set with new font and teal road numbers

1553721_web1_mccardell.jpg?itok=4Q9Xpc1u

- Original set with new font black road numbers

Jaguars-vs-Titans-02-mw-090907.jpg

- Modern upgrade with piping and teal fleck black helmets (amazing helmets)

9cf4c10cf0533c02d49cf15fd8bb7c98.jpg

- Current set

os-sp-ap-leonard-fournette-defense-lead-

Let's not forget.... 

138-t2121520-340.jpg

Go A's!

The Jaguars current look is the best that they've ever had IMO. Give it some small tweaks (mainly the helmet), wear teal at home and it is a great set. I know that the early 2000's set gets a lot of love but they're just so generic and lifeless to me. 

spacer.png

Holy crap ... there are more versions than I imagined ...

1) Expansion Jersey (never worn)

2) Block Number (1995-1996)

3) Preseason Rounded Numeral (1997)

4) Rounded Numeral w/teal number on road white (1997-2003)

5) Secondary Black (2002-2008)

6) Rounded Numeral w/black number on road white (2004-2008)

7) Custom Block Jersey (2009-2012)

8) Custom Block Secondary Black (2012)

9) Nike Stupid Black/Gold Helmet Jerseys (2013 - Present)

That's a lot of changes in the past 23 seasons. And, I am sure I'm forgetting something.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

Holy crap ... there are more versions than I imagined ...

1) Expansion Jersey (never worn)

2) Block Number (1995-1996)

3) Preseason Rounded Numeral (1997)

4) Rounded Numeral w/teal number on road white (1997-2003)

5) Secondary Black (2002-2008)

6) Rounded Numeral w/black number on road white (2004-2008)

7) Custom Block Jersey (2009-2012)

8) Custom Block Secondary Black (2012)

9) Nike Stupid Black/Gold Helmet Jerseys (2013 - Present)

That's a lot of changes in the past 23 seasons. And, I am sure I'm forgetting something.

They also had a season with side panels;

oct-1997-james-stewart-of-the-jacksonvil

49ers-Jaguars-1997-004.jpg

32105a_lg.jpeg

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

They also had a season with side panels;

oct-1997-james-stewart-of-the-jacksonvil

49ers-Jaguars-1997-004.jpg

32105a_lg.jpeg

How about that black chinstrap that #33 is wearing. I remember him and Bettis as the 1st time I noticed 100% colored (no white) chin straps. Pretty sure the league banned all color on chin straps the following season.

1 hour ago, henburg said:

The Jaguars current look is the best that they've ever had IMO. Give it some small tweaks (mainly the helmet), wear teal at home and it is a great set. I know that the early 2000's set gets a lot of love but they're just so generic and lifeless to me. 

Not sure how they're "generic" by any definition of the word.  They were instantly recognizable as Jaguars uniforms, and were a design that looked good then, would look good now, and would look good 10 years from now.  It's cool if you don't like it, but it was far from generic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

29 minutes ago, guest23 said:

How about that black chinstrap that #33 is wearing. I remember him and Bettis as the 1st time I noticed 100% colored (no white) chin straps. Pretty sure the league banned all color on chin straps the following season.

IIRC the 1998 season was the only one which the league allowed none-white chinstraps. Only recall seeing black chinstraps on a couple players that played for teams that wore black helmets...

I started high school football in 1999 and was the only player on the whole team that had one of those all black chinstraps for about the first month of the season.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

15 hours ago, Broken Record said:

They change them more than every opportunity; they got a waiver to change earlier than they should have been able to when a new (current?) owner came in.

Greetings! I know a thing or two about a thing or two so I thought I might share. 

Jacksonville is keeping their logo but opting for “JAGS” on the helmet, but moving to a classic looking uniform that will be teal but have gold numbers. The helmets and pants are gold and black is only an outline in the new set. It’s incredible. Think UCLA but teal instead of love ya blue.

The Raiders are making slight tweaks too and adding a golden outline to their numbers and pant stripes. 

The Browns are completely overhauling everything, they’ll have a proper logo and white helmets. That’s all I know about them and if someone would like to see a photo I can show them if they promise it stays confidential.

The Broncos are also switching to their color rush jerseys full time and wearing a white version as an away uniform. Blue pants will also be an option and their current all navy look will be used for color rush games.

The Dolphins are tweaking something too but no one I’ve talked to seems to know what, but it won’t be a major change.

The Titans uniform is... well I’m curious to see how it’s received. Mariota is gonna feel like he’s playing for Oregon all over again. 

If if a mod or someone wants to see pictures I’m more than happy to verify. 

Archived