NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/27/2018 at 7:35 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

He obviously established himself in SF, but had so many things happen outside of there - infamous driveway situp thing happen in Phila as well as play in the SB on one leg, then played for Dallas and had several iconic moments ("that's my teammate.  My quarterback.")

Is SF really any non-49er fan's first thought when thinking about TO?  Also, he recently talked some trash on Jason Garrett, so I'm not sure how much he loves the Cowboys at this point either.

Absolutely. Pretty sure that’s where he spent most of his time anyway.

personally, I started football when he was an Eagle. But am aware of his whole history. If I were a Madden Cover decider, I wouldn't have chosen him because he has such a diverse career. You want franchise players for the cover. My friend mentioned that one of the reasons that he was chosen was because this is the first year that Madden has had the rights to him since retirement

I would have loved to see the entire HOF class on the cover with a few main players in the front crossing arm e.g. Fitzgerald and Palomalou.

4 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

So the vast majority of people, aka just about everyone outside these boards, probably won't be able to tell the Steelers throwbacks apart from the regular unis. Hopefully the facemask on the throwbacks will be grey at least.

This account isn't very old but I have been frequenting this board for 9 years or so. I still can't tell the difference. Is it seriously just the number font? Italics vs block??

2 hours ago, tjs11 said:

This account isn't very old but I have been frequenting this board for 9 years or so. I still can't tell the difference. Is it seriously just the number font? Italics vs block??

Yes. There's also a gray facemask.

bSLCtu2.png

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:16 PM, Old School Fool said:

He doesn't want to go into the HOF as a 49er so that leaves Eagles and Cowboys. Madden probably went with the Cowboys because...

Guys don't go into the pro football hall of fame as a member of a certain team. Every team they played for is listed below their bust and their bust is just their head and a little bit of their shoulders. You can't tell what team these guys played for by looking at their bust, its not like the plaques they have for baseball. 

On 5/26/2018 at 10:45 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't think it's supposed to be a shadow, or a highlight... I think it's supposed to be a hard edge representation of a fade. If you look at it as the gold color turning into the white, it makes sense. Darker gold, then lighter gold, then white.

I think that's exactly right. Jaguars have darker fur on top of their heads, fading down to lighter fur.

Panthera_onca_at_the_Toronto_Zoo_2.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

17 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, that should be their primary. 

Why their current ones look great. I love patches. I don't get why people hate patches is better than a wordmark. Adding wordmarks makes them feel amateurish imo. The patches look very clean and makes sense since the Steelers only have the logo on one side of the helmet

12 minutes ago, a-a-ron_balaky said:

That picture shows the opposite. The shading just looks off with the helmet and looks weird

Huh? Darker gold, then tan, then white is what I see here.

It's where I sit.

18 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, that should be their primary. 

1 hour ago, a-a-ron_balaky said:

Why their current ones look great. I love patches. I don't get why people hate patches is better than a wordmark. Adding wordmarks makes them feel amateurish imo. The patches look very clean and makes sense since the Steelers only have the logo on one side of the helmet

Not sure what wordmarks have to do with anything, since the Steelers' old jerseys don't have them.

33994b_lg.jpeg

They did have bold, solid block numbers.  Those are the defining feature of the throwbacks, and those are what should be brought back on the regular jerseys.

DeTJpLyVAAE0Vlh.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Not sure what wordmarks have to do with anything, since the Steelers' old jerseys don't have them.

33994b_lg.jpeg

They did have bold, solid block numbers.  Those are the defining feature of the throwbacks, and those are what should be brought back on the regular jerseys.

DeTJpLyVAAE0Vlh.jpg

I mentioned the wordmark because someone said wordmarks were better than patches. I get nfl teams want to have their branding somewhere so of I had to teams one or the other I'd take a patch over a wordmark. Hell I even prefer the Lions weird stripe sleeve wordmark than just on the chest

I hate generic block font and here it just looks so blah. The italic font is so much better and fits the logo way better than this font and gives an identity. These just look so cheap. I don't get why people love old uniforms so much even when they are near identical. Like you said the packers old uniforms were better than the current ones because the sleeve was slightly different? Don't even get me started on the gray facemask

3 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

Guys don't go into the pro football hall of fame as a member of a certain team. Every team they played for is listed below their bust and their bust is just their head and a little bit of their shoulders. You can't tell what team these guys played for by looking at their bust, its not like the plaques they have for baseball. 

They used to have a lithograph of them in their playing days but I believe when they updated the Hall of Fame in the late 1990's they discontinued this. All their teams are still listed but the one they were best known for got the place of honor. 

Image result for jim brown lithograph hall of fame

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, a-a-ron_balaky said:

I don't get why people love old uniforms so much even when they are near identical. Like you said the packers old uniforms were better than the current ones because the sleeve was slightly different?

Yes.  The first set of sleeve stripes was better.  Details matter. 

Personally, I don’t get why people come to a community like this and openly wonder why we care about the things this community is dedicated to.

48 minutes ago, a-a-ron_balaky said:

I hate generic block font and here it just looks so blah. The italic font is so much better and fits the logo way better than this font and gives an identity. These just look so cheap. I don't get why people love old uniforms so much even when they are near identical. Like you said the packers old uniforms were better than the current ones because the sleeve was slightly different? Don't even get me started on the gray facemask

Welcome. 

And please... please... DO start on the gray facemask.  It's been so long.

Archived