NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

2 hours ago, a-a-ron_balaky said:

Even then what's Hawaii's excuse?

hawaii543.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by "what's Hawaii's excuse?"  

"Hawaii's men's teams currently use three different nicknames. The football team is known as the Warriors, while the basketball team is known as the Rainbow Warriors and the baseball team is referred to as the Rainbows.

The Rainbows nickname dates to 1923, when a rainbow appeared over the field during an upset of Oregon State. Reporters started calling the team, then known as the Deans, the Rainbows.

A legend started that the team wouldn't lose whenever a rainbow appeared on the field.

Hawaii's football team adopted the nickname the Rainbow Warriors in 1974."

Did you not know this?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at the NFL's list of banned helmets and did not see the Schutt Air on it. Does anyone know why? I know it is incredibly old but still worn by Antonio Brown, Frank Gore, and Pierre Garcon.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:30 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

I've posted this before, but let me do so again, since we're discussing it.

These are just my personal "rules" if you will, as to what circumstances I find a gray facemask to be acceptable.

1. Using a gray mask on the helmet is acceptable when the team has gray or silver as one of their main colors. 

2. Using a gray mask on the helmet is acceptable when the team is recreating a uniform from the past which used a gray mask.

3. Using a gray mask on the helmet is acceptable when the team is attempting to create a look that is more classic, "hard-nosed" or basic/tougher.

4. Using a gray mask on the helmet is acceptable when the team plays football.

Again, these are just rules that work for me, but these are the only cases in which I find a gray mask works.

seconded. lets make this bill a law

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

32 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I was looking at the NFL's list of banned helmets and did not see the Schutt Air on it. Does anyone know why? I know it is incredibly old but still worn by Antonio Brown, Frank Gore, and Pierre Garcon.

No idea.  Do you have some thoughts on why it should be banned? Is it just because it's old?

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

No idea.  Do you have some thoughts on why it should be banned? Is it just because it's old?

It's banned at the college level..

Mainly because it hasn't been produced in over 10 years, and helmets only have a 10-year life span

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Here...

packersbearsramblingreview_fullsize_stor

Pants stripe good... jersey stripe bad.

What’s your opinion on their twill? Is it shinier than other teams’? It’s kinda weird that it looks so different from all the other green on the uniform, no?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

17 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That is NOT a "classic" Nuggets uniform...

This is;

denver-nuggets-david-thompson-stands-on-

And you know what?  It probably would look better than whatever they come up with next.

The Nuggets wore those Jersey for one season. I would greatly debate your definition of classic because the Rainbow uniforms were around for longer than every uniform other than the powder blues. So pick your poison

17 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That is NOT a "classic" Nuggets uniform...

This is;

denver-nuggets-david-thompson-stands-on-

And you know what?  It probably would look better than whatever they come up with next.

Can't say I agree with you there. If you asked a bunch of random people to come up with a classic Nuggets uniform, they'd mention the rainbow skyline jerseys every single time. Those were probably the closest thing the Nuggets have ever had to a "classic" look.

As a side note... the look you've posted is horrible, IMO. It looks like it belongs in the CBA, or some other low-budget minor league. It's a testament to how bad they've been at branding that those aren't the worst uniforms they've worn - these were even worse:

8AEUfm9.jpg

nHDi7mV.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

36 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

The Nuggets wore those Jersey for one season. I would greatly debate your definition of classic because the Rainbow uniforms were around for longer than every uniform other than the powder blues. So pick your poison

I was going for "classic" in the older sense, not in the better sense. I'm old, so it's hard for me to see a uniform that was worn into the 90's as "classic", just based on time frame. To be honest, I don't think any Nuggets uniform from any point in their history deserves to be called a classic based on aesthetics. They're all pretty equally flawed.

I do kind of like that wonky blue/red/yellow thing, though.  It has some decent WTF appeal. Huge cheesy logo, yellow only used as numbers... little details that would never fly today.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:23 AM, Chawls said:

But it’s not practical, since not everyone wears undershirts. 

Oregon+v+Oregon+State+0PaUXemKDtYl.jpg

That's why they need to attach compression-like sleeves to the jersey. One solid piece for each arm. from the shoulder down to mid-bicep. 

OldRomanSig2.jpg

58 minutes ago, TheOldRoman said:

That's why they need to attach compression-like sleeves to the jersey. One solid piece for each arm. from the shoulder down to mid-bicep. 

A lot of players would just cut those off. 

9 hours ago, TheOldRoman said:

There is no need for it from a performance stand point. It would be purely for aesthetics that would only please a small percentage of people mostly on these boards. The rest would view them like when adidas added sleeves to basketball jerseys 

2 hours ago, dont care said:

There is no need for it from a performance stand point. It would be purely for aesthetics that would only please a small percentage of people mostly on these boards. The rest would view them like when adidas added sleeves to basketball jerseys 

Not to mention that many early-season games in the South are unbearably hot even without wearing long sleeves.

I think the compression sleeve stripes look is a good solution for throwbacks if you want to closely match the original, but it would never work for a permanent uniform feature.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

5 minutes ago, Matito said:

Not to mention that many early-season games in the South are unbearably hot even without wearing long sleeves.

I think the compression sleeve stripes look is a good solution for throwbacks if you want to closely match the original, but it would never work for a permanent uniform feature.

Its also not practical... not many players even wear sleeves, let alone under shirts, so you'd have 1/4th of the team in sleeves and the rest without.

It's the same reason that I hate sock stripes. It's so inconsistent between players, that it looks horrible on the field. 

4 hours ago, dont care said:

I disagree here. Because the jerseys are so tight nowadays, the only point left to grab is the armhole, where you can actually latch your hands onto the pads. Having a form-fitting 3/4 length sleeve would cover up that hole and eliminate the best remaining grab point. With today’s knit technology, this sleeve panel could be made very flexible and light so as not to inhibit motion or cause heat buildup.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 5/30/2018 at 10:45 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Make an addendum: white/yellow face masks are for white/yellow helmets only, and even then a team color or grey are preferable.

I generally agree, but there need to be exceptions. Racist nickname aside, the color balance of Washington's helmet is damn near perfect:

washington-redskins-nfl-draft-fantasy-pr

The helmet looks so much more dull with a gray facemask:

defensive-end-ron-mcdole-defensive-tackl

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

23 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I was going for "classic" in the older sense, not in the better sense. I'm old, so it's hard for me to see a uniform that was worn into the 90's as "classic", just based on time frame. To be honest, I don't think any Nuggets uniform from any point in their history deserves to be called a classic based on aesthetics. They're all pretty equally flawed.

I do kind of like that wonky blue/red/yellow thing, though.  It has some decent WTF appeal. Huge cheesy logo, yellow only used as numbers... little details that would never fly today.

There are players on the Nuggets now who weren't alive the last time the Nuggets wore the rainbow uniforms full-time. I remember watching those jerseys live, too, but at some point we need to accept that there are "classic" things that happened in our lifetime. I mean, I've heard Pearl Jam on classic rock radio stations...

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived