NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

1 hour ago, DanParker said:

Greetings! I know a thing or two about a thing or two so I thought I might share. 

Jacksonville is keeping their logo but opting for “JAGS” on the helmet, but moving to a classic looking uniform that will be teal but have gold numbers. The helmets and pants are gold and black is only an outline in the new set. It’s incredible. Think UCLA but teal instead of love ya blue.

The Raiders are making slight tweaks too and adding a golden outline to their numbers and pant stripes. 

The Browns are completely overhauling everything, they’ll have a proper logo and white helmets. That’s all I know about them and if someone would like to see a photo I can show them if they promise it stays confidential.

The Broncos are also switching to their color rush jerseys full time and wearing a white version as an away uniform. Blue pants will also be an option and their current all navy look will be used for color rush games.

The Dolphins are tweaking something too but no one I’ve talked to seems to know what, but it won’t be a major change.

The Titans uniform is... well I’m curious to see how it’s received. Mariota is gonna feel like he’s playing for Oregon all over again. 

If if a mod or someone wants to see pictures I’m more than happy to verify. 

ClbFf8tUgAEWA0A.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

We promise.

Yes, what you post here won't go ANYWHERE else on the Internet. You can trust anyone on the internet.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

17 hours ago, kimball said:

Holy crap ... there are more versions than I imagined ...

1) Expansion Jersey (never worn)

2) Block Number (1995-1996)

3) Preseason Rounded Numeral (1997)

4) Rounded Numeral w/teal number on road white (1997-2003)

5) Secondary Black (2002-2008)

6) Rounded Numeral w/black number on road white (2004-2008)

7) Custom Block Jersey (2009-2012)

8) Custom Block Secondary Black (2012)

9) Nike Stupid Black/Gold Helmet Jerseys (2013 - Present)

That's a lot of changes in the past 23 seasons. And, I am sure I'm forgetting something.

#4 was one of the best uniforms the NFL ever had

it even looked good with the occasional black striped pant before they took the stripes off

GettyImages-82892368_1487713788630_85817

BTW, that's from the famous game where the Saints lost by scoring a lateral touchdown on the last kickoff with no time left and then missed the subsequent extra point.

PvO6ZWJ.png

49 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Easy solution... just never wear the ugly all-black get up.

I don't mind the all-black look when it's monochrome black. The Ravens black pants with the white jerseys are horrendous IMO.

jacoby-jones-super-bowl-47-gi.jpg

kimball banner.png

Yeah the raiders tweak doesn’t make sense, and browns change was supposed to be 2020 or some time in future. 

I hate the idea of JAGS on helmet. I hate it ANYWHERE. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, DanParker said:

The Broncos are also switching to their color rush jerseys full time and wearing a white version as an away uniform. Blue pants will also be an option and their current all navy look will be used for color rush games.

So they're going to bring back the throwback logo for the new unis, then have their late 90s set be used for color rush and not the throwback?

Not sure why people post made up garbage, but okay...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think it's a little harsh to say it's made up garbage, though some of it doesn't make sense.  Some evidence of at least one of the changes would go a lot towards building credibility.

For the Raiders, could it be that they're adding a throwback and that's where the gold trim is coming from?

OaklandRaiders1960.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think it's a little harsh to say it's made up garbage, though some of it doesn't make sense.  Some evidence of at least one of the changes would go a lot towards building credibility.

For the Raiders, could it be that they're adding a throwback and that's where the gold trim is coming from?

OaklandRaiders1960.jpg

If they were to go that route, I'd think they'd do it for 2019 (100th/60th/last season in Oakland).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You're expecting the Raiders / Mark Davis to do something that makes a lot of sense!  That's rich.

6 hours ago, McCarthy said:

#4 was one of the best uniforms the NFL ever had

it even looked good with the occasional black striped pant before they took the stripes off

GettyImages-82892368_1487713788630_85817

BTW, that's from the famous game where the Saints lost by scoring a lateral touchdown on the last kickoff with no time left and then missed the subsequent extra point.

Teal socks would have made this combination a lot better.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

12 hours ago, DanParker said:

Greetings! I know a thing or two about a thing or two so I thought I might share. 

Jacksonville is keeping their logo but opting for “JAGS” on the helmet, but moving to a classic looking uniform that will be teal but have gold numbers. The helmets and pants are gold and black is only an outline in the new set. It’s incredible. Think UCLA but teal instead of love ya blue.

The Raiders are making slight tweaks too and adding a golden outline to their numbers and pant stripes. 

The Browns are completely overhauling everything, they’ll have a proper logo and white helmets. That’s all I know about them and if someone would like to see a photo I can show them if they promise it stays confidential.

The Dolphins are tweaking something too but no one I’ve talked to seems to know what, but it won’t be a major change.

The Titans uniform is... well I’m curious to see how it’s received. Mariota is gonna feel like he’s playing for Oregon all over again. 

If if a mod or someone wants to see pictures I’m more than happy to verify. 

Sure, I'd love to see. DM me the photos.

Archived