NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the Super Bowl Champion Eagles’ rings:

1. They were presented at the ECW Arena!

2. “We all we got, we all we need” was basically them saying that they don’t need Wentz or the other injured guys. It’s totally just innocent motivation for the guys that were still playing, but kinda sucks for Wentz since his ring literally points out that he wasn’t playing

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-unveil-orange-nike-jerseys

For the first time, the NFL is allowing teams to wear alternate jerseys in addition to a classic jersey that was formerly described as a throwback. The Bears will again wear their 1940s-era classic uniform in a game that has yet to be determined.

So now some teams will wear four different jerseys during the course of the season?  That sucks.  Unsurprising, but still sucks. Just more tearing down a stable visual brand. 

This is the fallout of the failure of the "Color Rush" experiment. Now we've got teams, like Detroit for instance, who have a throwback and another jersey that was previously designated as a Color Rush jersey. And since the NFL has done away the official color rush Thursday program, but teams still have these things and want to wear and/or sell them, the league really has no choice but to open it up to be worn at randomly chosen times. 

I didn't think about it at the time, but the one good thing about the Color Rush thing was it was contained and isolated to Thursdays, and as an added benefit, I hardly ever watched Thursday NFL anyway.  The one thing I hope for is that the ugly monochrome aspect (right down to the socks and shoes... ugh) will be done away with.  There were a few Color Rush designs that would work well, if the teams didn't have to go full color.

59 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Kinda ironic after who they beat in the Championship game, that they'd get their rings in a place that was called Viking Hall.

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So now some teams will wear four different jerseys during the course of the season?  That sucks.  Unsurprising, but still sucks. Just more tearing down a stable visual brand. 

This is the fallout of the failure of the "Color Rush" experiment. Now we've got teams, like Detroit for instance, who have a throwback and another jersey that was previously designated as a Color Rush jersey. And since the NFL has done away the official color rush Thursday program, but teams still have these things and want to wear and/or sell them, the league really has no choice but to open it up to be worn at randomly chosen times. 

I didn't think about it at the time, but the one good thing about the Color Rush thing was it was contained and isolated to Thursdays, and as an added benefit, I hardly ever watched Thursday NFL anyway.  The one thing I hope for is that the ugly monochrome aspect (right down to the socks and shoes... ugh) will be done away with.  There were a few Color Rush designs that would work well, if the teams didn't have to go full color.

I get your point, but teams have been able to wear four jerseys since Color Rush came into the league. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Principles of championship ring design:

1. Find an empty space and fill it with something, anything you can think of that’s even tangentially relevant to the accomplishment.

2. Refer back to Principle #1.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

44 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

In a nutshell, fine. In reality, the navy helmet, orange jersey, white pants, navy sock... Chicago Broncos. 

Fitting with the nike redesign the donks went navy helmet/jersey/socks and replicated the bears' scheme. I do agree with the premise though...the nfl was just about the only league where every club had a distinct balance of team colors that established their basic identity. Nowadays notsomuch but it's nowhere near the visual disaster that is mlb or nba.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I get your point, but teams have been able to wear four jerseys since Color Rush came into the league. 

Yes, but when the fourth was mandated to only be on Thursdays, during a gimmicky and ultimately forgettable uniform stunt, it just felt really different. As I said, contained. 

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

2. “We all we got, we all we need” was basically them saying that they don’t need Wentz or the other injured guys. It’s totally just innocent motivation for the guys that were still playing, but kinda sucks for Wentz since his ring literally points out that he wasn’t playing

this is the most philadelphia thing i have ever heard. B-42!

6 hours ago, CS85 said:

So glad they just went with the same design and didn't mess it up like going with all those alternate versions in the bad knockoffs you see everywhere (e.g. navy numbers with white outline & road stripe pattern on the sleeves)

40 minutes ago, jdavidev said:

So glad they just went with the same design and didn't mess it up like going with all those alternate versions in the bad knockoffs you see everywhere (e.g. navy numbers with white outline & road stripe pattern on the sleeves)

The orange is fine but why can't they bring back one of the coolest throwbacks of all time???

3066193460_5ee44ec3fd_o.jpg

I'd be curious what the Bears new jersey would look like with some minor tweaks. Remember that the Bears home and away uniforms are similar but not identical. The home uniform has three identical, outlined stripes while the away has three, unoutlined stripes of alternating color. 

So what would a different version be for the orange? Maybe three identical stripes? Like the throwback? 

Maybe something like this, but with the round numbers in the navy outlined in white?

quarterback-craig-krenzel-of-the-chicagocornerback-rw-mcquarters-of-the-chicago-

I really wish the bears went with the throwback orange. That vs the Lions throwback on Thanksgiving would of looked great. And they could of worn that since the lions and pats both wore colored throwbacks on turkey day in 2002 and 2010. 877904334.jpg.jpgcornerback-rw-mcquarters-of-the-chicago-

6 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'd be curious what the Bears new jersey would look like with some minor tweaks. Remember that the Bears home and away uniforms are similar but not identical. The home uniform has three identical, outlined stripes while the away has three, unoutlined stripes of alternating color. 

So what would a different version be for the orange? Maybe three identical stripes? Like the throwback? 

Maybe something like this, but with the round numbers in the navy outlined in white?

quarterback-craig-krenzel-of-the-chicagocornerback-rw-mcquarters-of-the-chicago-

It's ok at best - as a throwback.. As a regular alt, it's trash 

Archived