NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Forgive me if it was already posted at some point. But did Miami unveil a new set of aqua pants when they adjusted their uniform colors for this season?

Yes.

bobby-mccain_pg_600.jpg

Also, nice to see the Rams push the classics much more. 5 games in the blues and 2 in the Color Rush (which also have a great vintage vibe) will be nice. I’m anxious about the new 2020 set. Really all they’d need would a minor tweak or two and the throwbacks would be perfect full time. I just hope they keep that color scheme and the shoulder horns. Perhaps introduce a new font. Hope they don’t mess it up.

2 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

Also looks like the Rams are still geting new uniforms in 2020 as well. I'm kinda suprised NFL finally gave in and are letting the Rams make the throwbacks their primary color uniforms and still get new look when the Inglewood stadium opens. 

So what was the golden rule that got dropped here? I know the league basically let the throwback be worn more, but when was making it the color option put on the table? Feels like the Rams could’ve done that sooner.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

In minicamps, the Jaguars were wearing older jerseys, but with the start of full camp, they've got new practice jerseys, with the new number font.

z3arc7vud5ikiqz969gg.jpg

mswtkuc2ouvf33ibedwg.jpg

Weird little detail on the 5.

esyd2wk09mao9r0vvl9m.jpg

nusrmsk5ab8xg8mmhesk.jpg

m9k11qfccseaaym4tnll.jpg

Damn nice font IMO.

Game jerseys in practice? Bold move ?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

35 minutes ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

So are the dolphins changing again in 2020 for sure?

Yeah, I don’t think the Dolphins have made any statements about making any further changes to their identity. Otherwise, why wouldn’t they have done that this go around? I think they’ve arrived at a great look. The removal of the dark blue took it from “knock off Dolphins” to classic with the right colors. They feel right again. It’s a modern design which is also simple and they still get to wear their classic throwbacks with the stripes. It’s the best of both worlds.

Hope the Rams keep the St. Louis era number font in 2020 (and beyond), it's been my personal favorite part of their identity. The STL ram head logo to a lesser extent. The STL "Rams" word mark can stay or go, it's okay.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Yes.

bobby-mccain_pg_600.jpg

Okay. Must have missed seeing that when the change was first unveiled... Would have liked to see them switch to aqua facemasks, but good update nonetheless.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Those aren't game jerseys... no TV numbers for one thing.

I think he was being sarcastic, referring to the simplicity of their game unis.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I really think the Rams should wear yellow jerseys along with the royal blues in 2020. Even if they have to add white pants ala the 50s. It wouldn't clash with any team and they could wear either jersey at home.

Unfortunately the degree of upgrade is limited by that stupid silly font.  It really looks like an error, rather than an intentional design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived