NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

8 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

The biggest problem with the sideline caps is that they only have the striping on one side. Not a fan of the asymmetry on them. The NHL hats at least had the striping on both sides. 

The asymmetry is what is keeping me from getting a new Bucs cap.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FMV6J29.png

The Cable Guy: You look like a new man.

Steven M. Kovacs: I feel like a new man. I was getting so used to being rejected. You know, I really liked her.

The Cable Guy: Hey, it was my treat.

Steven M. Kovacs: What do you mean, it was your treat?

The Cable Guy: You know, I bought this time, you buy next time. Don't let your eggs get cold.

Steven M. Kovacs: Buy what?

The Cable Guy: What do you mean, "buy what"? The women.

Steven M. Kovacs: The wo-- do you mean that Heather is a prostitute?

The Cable Guy: Of course she is. You think a woman like that would hang out with us if we weren't paying?

Steven M. Kovacs: Oh, my god! This can't be happening.

The Cable Guy: Oh, hey, hey, hey. It's okay. She's totally clean. I checked her out about a week ago; made sure she was top quality. And I'm healthy as a horse. Not a drip.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

On 8/3/2018 at 4:20 AM, Old School Fool said:

If anyone was wondering, the Rams default home uniform in Madden 19 is the throwback uniform. It's listed as "Current Home" and is also the default uniform in Ultimate Team.

Is this the console or the PC?

I'm going to get the PC version when the game releases.

On 8/2/2018 at 12:53 AM, DNAsports said:

“That drip” isn’t even the stupidest part of the quote. Navy-over-navy only has a “traditional feel” to someone who started watching the game in the last couple years. Matching colored jerseys to pants was prohibited in the NFL for decades, so much so that Oliver Stone had to outfit the teams in his film in mono just to show how much they weren’t the NFL and not get sued.

You can call it modern or contemporary or whatever synonym you want, but “traditional” is objectively nonsensical. 

9 hours ago, Gothamite said:

“That drip” isn’t even the stupidest part of the quote. Navy-over-navy only has a “traditional feel” to someone who started watching the game in the last couple years. Matching colored jerseys to pants was prohibited in the NFL for decades, so much so that Oliver Stone had to outfit the teams in his film in mono just to show how much they weren’t the NFL and not get sued.

You can call it modern or contemporary or whatever synonym you want, but “traditional” is objectively nonsensical. 

Maybe not “traditional”, but there’s more than a few historical examples of teams going with similar looks back to the 30s and 40s, including your beloved packers wearing all green. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

Am I the first one to notice the Jaguars logo is way to close to the TV numbers?

Edit: It wont show the pictures, so just look at the Jaguars Pro shop 

The Game jersey version is wrong. The other versions have it right.

Game:

ff_3037095alt1_full.jpg

Legend:

ff_2942528alt1_full.jpg

Limited:

ff_2941234alt1_full.jpg

Elite:

ff_2942694alt1_full.jpg

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Maybe not “traditional”, but there’s more than a few historical examples of teams going with similar looks back to the 30s and 40s, including your beloved packers wearing all green. 

With apologies to Humphrey Bogart, they’re not exactly my beloved Packers at the moment. 

Yes, some teams briefly experimented with it before abandoning it for an aesthetic that came to define the sport. Again, that still means it is the opposite of “traditional”.

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The Game jersey version is wrong. The other versions have it right.

Game:

ff_3037095alt1_full.jpg

Legend:

ff_2942528alt1_full.jpg

Limited:

ff_2941234alt1_full.jpg

Elite:

ff_2942694alt1_full.jpg

Haven't looked at these new Jaguars uniforms in a few months.

They're still terrible.

I don't mind the Chargers navy monochrome because at least the lightning bolt is the same on the helmet, jersey, and pants (navy -> powder blue -> gold on a white background). 

usatsi_10425956.jpg?w=2000&h=1200&crop=1

In fact, any of these are fine for the Chargers for that reason:

g230982_u80687_ladainian-tomlinson-stiff

91834f551aa80ca701e68aec4260f335--ladain

(^ this one is cheating a bit, but get those outlines consistent and it's perfect.)

Archived