NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

both colors on a stripe? i think thats a little heavy handed. id be for a single, thin black stripe though. thinking of military style dress pants. i do dig the all black combo too; thats my favorite

they have them, but you cant make the players wear them unless NFL passes a rule making it mandatory, which they wouldnt unless there was a safety issue. sort of like when they enforced players to wear pads in their lants only a handful of years ago. before then, a lot if guys didnt. most will wear as little as possible

I wouldn’t sandwich the gold between two black stripes. That would be pretty heavy, but a black next to a gold, Redskins-style, would be okay. The gold against the white is very delicate and doesn’t add heaviness. You could probably talk me into just a gold stripe or maybe a black stripe sandwiched between gold stripes. Of course, a solid black stripe would also look great and be a big improvement, as you’ve suggested, but I think the uniform as a whole just needs a little bit more gold.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Titans looked a lot better than I thought they would. 

eNB2Etx.jpg

The titans do look sharp..but i wish they went with a columbia blue helmet instead of Navy.. it would have been different

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

2 hours ago, Gupti said:

tight.png

Meh. Like others said, not as ugly as I thought, though I'm sure that has much to do with the white jerseys doing a little better on the eye test since the swords don't contrast as much. I really hate those swords and its gonna show when they bust out that all blue look. I alsso am endlessly annoyed by their insistence on contributing even more navy to this league than their already is. The broken side panels still don't make any sense. Its messy "modern" looks like these that make me all the more thankful that the Jags decided that understated was the way to go.

What bugs me are the navy socks giving it the leotard look.

I'm no fan of those jersey number fonts either.

9 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Titans looked a lot better than I thought they would. 

eNB2Etx.jpg

I was at that game and thought the same thing. The leotard look needs to go away league-wide. The beveled sword shoulders could go away as well. If it was just the light grey it would've been alright. The numbers surprisingly didn't bother me that much. I haven't liked them thus far, but I didn't think they were too bad last night.

Jaguars look like the Jaguars again and I love it. They could be wearing jerseys and pants covered in doodoo and it'd be better than the last set just because the helmet is one solid color. I approve of their new look even with the very simple uniforms from the neck down. 

Titans look fine. The number font is still complete ass, but the rest is presentable. 

The Dolphins look so much better by simplifying and losing the blue in the uniform. I still think they look like off-brand version of the Dolphins thanks to that logo and not using the classic triple dolphins striping, but it's a major improvement. The orange being next to the aqua instead of next to the blue really brings it out more and helps it not get lost on the white surfaces. 

I wait all week to see if the Bengals are going to have a side stripe on their black jerseys and they come out in their white jerseys for a night game. I'm impatient and I'm beginning to get the sense that the jerseys will be the same as ever and I'm putting too much hope into what will end up being just another Madden goof. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Dolphins are a design lesson on how a small tweak can make a world of difference.

wptv-ryan-tannehill_1533889533762_945993

And I like the Jags' new uniforms better after seeing them on the field than I did during the reveals. Not perfect, but better.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

7 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Looks like the Bengals actually removed the side panels. It makes the uniform look alot better.

The white jerseys never had side panels:

andy-dalton-101116-getty-ftrjpg_1uux2xtv

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Still not a huge fan of the Jags uniforms. There's just so much lacking. That being said, I am interested in seeing the teal pants soon.

The problem with that Titans uniform is the Columbia Blue on the side panels. It looks COMPLETELY out of place with the other parts that are navy-heavy. I think white over Columbia will be their best road look or maybe white over white. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

something i noticed last night that was driving me nuts. i think the edge of the numbers on the Dolphins unis were reflecting the stadium lights and creating a really strong highlight along the edge of the numbers. on tv, it looked like the numbers were outlined in white. are there any other examples of this? ive not noticed before but its maddening 

i edited this photo last night and cropped it this way to bring up this topic here. like, thats how much it was bothering me. 

kgyLVq4.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I was at the Packer-Titan game last night, and from my seat (in row 52 in a corner, so pretty high up), the shoulder sword was not visible at at all, so the jersey looked very bland. The numbers were very readable though, which was really nice. The helmet was also not great, with the predominately navy logo on the navy shell.

9 hours ago, Gupti said:

kess.png

Sharp. Miss me with that lazy "practice jersey" comment. It's not my ideal Jags uniform, but teams don't need to be heavy embellished to have a valid look, especially the Jaguars. Those colors speak for themselves, IMO. Can't let Nike brainwash you into thinking that uniforms have to be overdone and loaded with forced "unique" touches to work in modern football. Color me pleased with this answer to the last set, which was a overblown monstrosity from head to toe.

Now, if only they'd just make that the primary look....

Jags are sorely in need to an outline around the numbers and a stripe of some kind on the pants to get rid of the "practice uniform" feel this thing gives off.  Nothing about either of those features is "unique" or Nike brainwashing. 

Yes, it's an improvement over the last disaster of a set, but it doesnt make this one beyond reproach.  Look no further than the other team in this picture to see how those two features help give the uniform a clean, professional game uniform feel. 

8 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

The problem with that Titans uniform is the Columbia Blue on the side panels. It looks COMPLETELY out of place with the other parts that are navy-heavy. I think white over Columbia will be their best road look or maybe white over white. 

In my opinion, the Titans' new set is OK, but that's one of the two big problems. The other is the red Nike logos, which are incredibly distracting because red is the only eye-catching color in their palette and they logos are the only red on the uniform.

marcus-mariota-of-the-tennessee-titans-l

This feels like another attempt by Nike to showcase their logo at the expense of the overall look, like they did with the Seahawks' sleeve design.

seahawkswrcorps.jpg

10 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

Jags are sorely in need to an outline around the numbers and a stripe of some kind on the pants to get rid of the "practice uniform" feel this thing gives off.  Nothing about either of those features is "unique" or Nike brainwashing. 

Yes, it's an improvement over the last disaster of a set, but it doesnt make this one beyond reproach.  Look no further than the other team in this picture to see how those two features help give the uniform a clean, professional game uniform feel. 

Couldn't agree more. Just an outline on the numbers. Even if it was half the stroke width of the Saints', that'd be just enough. (I'd also say that's the best possible Jaguars color combo, the one where really it's just the tricolor that seals it, and it'll only be downhill from here when they start going mono-black or white.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

11 hours ago, GFB said:

The Browns “earn your stripes” gimmick is so lame, even for the preseason.

I saw the first episode of hard knocks and then a photo of mayfield. Which other teams do stuff like this? I know the red wings change their nameplates and the Steelers add front helmet numbers, but that is just “flair” and not really an actual part of aesthetic design of the uniforms like a helmet stripe. 

KISSwall09.jpg

Colts, Giants, 49ers, Steelers, Packers, Vikings, Raiders, Cowboys, Rams (throwback), Browns (pre-2015).

All teams with classic uniforms; all teams that don’t have number outlines because they don’t need them. I don’t mind the Jags trying to emulate these identities, and they look pretty crisp in doing so. 

I never really had a problem with the Jaguars last set, but the new set looks great. Sometimes the simplification of a uniform is what's needed to improve the set and Jacksonville nailed it.

Speaking of simplifying a uniform, ever since the Seahawks introduced their uniforms back in 2012, I've always thought they needed to remove the chest stripes.

Archived