NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Browns to wear Color rush uniforms multiple times in 2018.  No word if it means just jerseys or the whole thing.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/cleveland-browns-to-wear-color-rush-uniforms-multiple-times-in-2018/95-582350366

These are fine, wonder what pants they'll wear.

Also why did they ever change uniforms? UGHAHDBFbejkhnf

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

something i noticed last night that was driving me nuts. i think the edge of the numbers on the Dolphins unis were reflecting the stadium lights and creating a really strong highlight along the edge of the numbers. on tv, it looked like the numbers were outlined in white. are there any other examples of this? ive not noticed before but its maddening 

i edited this photo last night and cropped it this way to bring up this topic here. like, thats how much it was bothering me. 

kgyLVq4.jpg

I think what’s happening is the white layer peeking out underneath the orange trim. Pro tip: cut the white layer a millimeter inside the orange one so it’s easier to keep the edge covered when you align it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

8 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Technically every Bengals jersey has a white side panel. It's just that on the away jersey the rest of the jersey body is white as well. 

tenor.gif?itemid=12028915

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

8593779_web1_raiderscampweb.jpg

Jason-Pierre-Paul-New-York-Giants-May-25

49ers-practice.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

? Great clapback! ?

It still doesn't change my opinion on the feel of the jersey. The lack of stripes on the pants and trim on the jersey on top of the non-outlined numbers give the look of a practice jersey. It's too basic and IMO doesn't lend itself to a game day jersey.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I think what’s happening is the white layer peeking out underneath the orange trim. Pro tip: cut the white layer a millimeter inside the orange one so it’s easier to keep the edge covered when you align it.

i honestly dont know. im gonna drop in a few more photos. y'all can come up with your own ideas because im at a total loss

Zc47c3I.pngh0tocJe.png

UK4wolR.jpg

pKu5UI1.jpg

bDH4wMe.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

2 hours ago, kimball said:

? Great clapback! ?

It still doesn't change my opinion on the feel of the jersey. The lack of stripes on the pants and trim on the jersey on top of the non-outlined numbers give the look of a practice jersey. It's too basic and IMO doesn't lend itself to a game day jersey.

The Raiders and Giants jerseys in that pic look ok because those are two color teams. Just my opinion.

6 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

The Raiders and Giants jerseys in that pic look ok because those are two color teams. Just my opinion.

Raiders: Black, Silver, White

Giants: Blue, Red, Grey, White

I'm not sure I follow...

4 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i honestly dont know. im gonna drop in a few more photos. y'all can come up with your own ideas because im at a total loss

Zc47c3I.pngh0tocJe.png

UK4wolR.jpg

pKu5UI1.jpg

bDH4wMe.jpg

That’s definitely what it looks like after seeing the close-ups. Just white twill peeking out under the orange twill.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

That’s definitely what it looks like after seeing the close-ups. Just white twill peeking out under the orange twill.

Shouldn't the orange twill be the larger base piece and the white the smaller piece layered on top rather than the white being the base and the orange trim being super small and layered on top?

16 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

What bugs me are the navy socks giving it the leotard look.

I'm no fan of those jersey number fonts either.

I agree with you on the jersey fonts. They look like something out of The Flintstones to me!

46 minutes ago, lbj273 said:

Shouldn't the orange twill be the larger base piece and the white the smaller piece layered on top rather than the white being the base and the orange trim being super small and layered on top?

not on "kiss cut" numbers

https://keenerjerseys.com/kiss-cutting-with-keener/

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My observations on the new uniforms that debuted last night:

- The Dolphins look like the Dolphins again! It's amazing what a few small tweaks can do to a uniform. I would have to give them a solid "A" for this upgrade. As long as the Jets don't screw up their new unis next year, I think the AFC East will be the best-looking division in the NFL hands down. Fight me.

- The Jaguars sort of look like the Jaguars again! The black helmets are freakin' gorgeous, and seeing them break out the teal jerseys made me so happy. But I'm still not completely in love with the rest of the uniform. I give them a "B" for now but I'm waiting to see what the black jerseys and the road unis will look like.

- The Titans are just meh. I don't hate them as much I thought I would, but I'm still disappointed that they pretty much ripped off the Seahawks' look. I feel like people are going to get bored with the navy blue pretty quickly, especially when they see how terrible a Titans-Texans game is going to look. I give them a "C-"

1 hour ago, Tracy Jordan said:

My observations on the new uniforms that debuted last night:

- The Dolphins look like the Dolphins again! It's amazing what a few small tweaks can do to a uniform. I would have to give them a solid "A" for this upgrade. As long as the Jets don't screw up their new unis next year, I think the AFC East will be the best-looking division in the NFL hands down. Fight me.

- The Jaguars sort of look like the Jaguars again! The black helmets are freakin' gorgeous, and seeing them break out the teal jerseys made me so happy. But I'm still not completely in love with the rest of the uniform. I give them a "B" for now but I'm waiting to see what the black jerseys and the road unis will look like.

- The Titans are just meh. I don't hate them as much I thought I would, but I'm still disappointed that they pretty much ripped off the Seahawks' look. I feel like people are going to get bored with the navy blue pretty quickly, especially when they see how terrible a Titans-Texans game is going to look. I give them a "C-"

AFC East would be the aesthetic champion if only the Patriots would go back to their red throwbacks with Pat Patriot full time.

Archived