Definitely one of the biggest stories in NASCAR's history. Assuming it's true (which would appear so by the looks of it), I'm hoping they're able to find the right buyer. 

In other news, the Camping World Truck Series will become the Gander Outdoors Truck Series in 2019.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/05/08/truck-series-to-be-rebranded-nascar-gander-outdoors-truck-series-in-2019/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I've lost almost all interest in NASCAR. It's not the same as it used to be. I know, that statement is probably overstated, but it's the truth. It's not very exciting anymore. Although, it is nice to see fresh new faces taking the place of older/retired drivers, I'll leave it at that and not follow any new drivers. I hate that I feel this way as I've always loved the sport, but I guess all good things must come to an end.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 7:45 PM, dfwabel said:
On 6/6/2018 at 10:57 AM, AstroBull21 said:

Sounds like its just the Xfinity for now, but success there would work in the top tier too.

Definitely a different look for a NASCAR....

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/05/toyota-supra-nascar-xfinity-series/

xfinity-supra-005-1.jpg

xfinity-supra-001-1.jpg

Restrictor Plates are always exciting to see the little guys finishing high up in the finishing order.

Who'da thunk Jeffrey Earnhardt would almost bagged a Top 10? Or that Ray Black would've snagged himself a Top 15/Top 20 finish?

Of course; these guys have to thank Ricky Stenhouse Jr. racing like a knucklehead, and thinking it was Saturday Night Destruction Derby at the local race track.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

On 7/9/2018 at 4:29 PM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Restrictor Plates are always exciting to see the little guys finishing high up in the finishing order.

Who'da thunk Jeffrey Earnhardt would almost bagged a Top 10? Or that Ray Black would've snagged himself a Top 15/Top 20 finish?

Of course; these guys have to thank Ricky Stenhouse Jr. racing like a knucklehead, and thinking it was Saturday Night Destruction Derby at the local race track.

You mean "Wrecky Spinhouse, Jr," don't you?

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

A sale of NASCAR is getting harder and harder by the week.

http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/fox-nascar-viewership-dropped-19-percent-from-2017-29-percent-from-2016.html

As per Adam Stern of Sports Business Journal, the 14 regular races on Fox and FS1 (excluding rain-delayed races at Martinsville and Bristol) averaged 3,983,000 viewers this year, down 19 percent (and almost a million viewers) from last year’s 4,898,000 average for Fox/FS1 races and down 29 percent from the high-water mark of 5,578,000 they averaged in 2016. And while Fox execs try to say there’s a bigger picture to consider, they’re still eager to “turn the trend around”:

Fox insists that only focusing on the year-over-year comparison is not representative of the company’s big-picture view.

“NASCAR is still a powerful contributor to our overall growth … the sport remains a force in the first half of the year and is essential to our overall business,” Mike Mulvihill, Fox Sports’ executive vice president of research, league operations and strategy, wrote in an email. “(But) we have to acknowledge the reality of this year’s declines. It’s been a challenging season, and I think we and NASCAR both have to look to the future with a wide-open mind and a willingness to listen to every new idea that might help us turn the trend around.”

…Mulvihill pointed out that races on Fox’s broadcast network averaged nearly 5 million viewers, making Cup Series races the third-highest-rated show on Fox during the first and second quarter behind “911” and “Empire.” He said FS1 is up 4 percent year-over-year in ratings, setting it on track for its fifth straight year of growth, “and that would simply be impossible if we didn’t have NASCAR as a cornerstone of the channel.”

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 12:33 PM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

He needs to be permanently separated from NASCAR.  This isn't the first instance of him embarrassing the sport, and it's far worse for him to be arrested for DWI/DUI and with oxy in the car than a driver being caught through drug testing.  

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived