• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FRR is jumping off the sinking ship while they still can, it looks like. Sucks for Truex, hope another good team’s able to make space for him. Penske has one more slot...

EDIT: Gibbs, huh? Wonder where Suarez will end up, hopefully somewhere decent to continue his career.

ExJworW.png

16 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

FRR is jumping off the sinking ship while they still can, it looks like. Sucks for Truex, hope another good team’s able to make space for him. Penske has one more slot...

EDIT: Gibbs, huh? Wonder where Suarez will end up, hopefully somewhere decent to continue his career.

There’s talk the 95 would switch to a Toyota and alliance with Gibbs which would allow Suarez to go there’s and still drive aligned with JGR

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

It would be a shame to see a young talent like Suarez be dumped off to a struggling satellite team. Is he actually tied to Toyota with a manufacturer/driver agreement or could he jump ship and join a Chevy or Ford team?

He’s still signed to Gibbs, it’s basically like a loan in soccer where his contract will go to Levine racing as a part of their alliance

Ryan Newman announces he will not be returning to RCR after this season and will work on finding a ride for next year.

So add Newman to the list of free agents. This makes me wonder if Ty Dillon will come over to RCR from Germain Racing to drive the 31 which could allow Newman to drive the 13.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 4:52 PM, DNAsports said:

Ryan Newman announces he will not be returning to RCR after this season and will work on finding a ride for next year.

So add Newman to the list of free agents. This makes me wonder if Ty Dillon will come over to RCR from Germain Racing to drive the 31 which could allow Newman to drive the 13.

Newman is headed to Roush to take over the 6.

ExJworW.png

Pretty gutless move by Truex at the end of the race dumping Jimmie. I understand his frustration, and if Jimmie knew he was safe going into the final lap; I don't think 7-time would've went so hot into the final corner and take both himself and Truex out.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

On 9/26/2018 at 10:51 AM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

AJ to leave the 47 at the end of the year.

I think he's going to the 32 vacated by DiBurrito. (But I hope he goes to the 41...)

I can actually see AJ going to IMSA full-time. There are actually some rumors that LFR (the 95) is looking at DiBenedetto, with Suarez maybe to the 41.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Changes for the 2019 seasons.

The different packages will be tailored to the specific tracks on the Monster Energy Series circuit, with a combination of a smaller tapered spacer to reduce engine horsepower to a target goal of 550 (from 750) and aero ducts to foster tighter racing on a majority of speedways measuring longer than 1 mile. Both features will be in place for 17 of the 36 races next season, excepting the 2019 Daytona 500, which will run with traditional restrictor-plate rules. Five other races will be run with the smaller spacer, but without ducts.

The news was officially announced Tuesday at NASCAR’s Research & Development Center. Competition officials delivered the rules guidelines to teams Monday.

The baseline aero elements of the 2019 rules package are a taller 8-inch by 61-inch rear spoiler, a larger front splitter with a 2-inch overhang, and a wider radiator pan that measures 37 inches wide in the front tapering to 31 inches at the rear. Those base changes will be in place at every race next season with the intent of adding downforce to stabilize handling, a break from a trend of downforce reduction from 2015-18.

Five races at larger ovals are exceptions. Both Pocono events and races at Atlanta, Darlington and Homestead will use the smaller tapered spacer, but will not use the aero ducts that transfer air to the side of the car away from the front tires. Neither the smaller spacer nor ducts will be used at short tracks and road courses.

0dcEEyn.png

• 1 month later...

Congrats to Logano. Not exactly who I would’ve preferred, but over the playoffs* he was the most consistent and earned it. He drove aggressively** and was confident in himself, so I can’t hate on him for that. 

*Yes the playoff format is a joke and doesn’t really determine the true champion, but it is what it is and he was the best in those 10 races

**Regarding Martinsville, if he didn’t win there he would’ve missed the championship 4. Like it or not, it’s what he had to do

2 hours ago, jn8 said:

Congrats to Logano. Not exactly who I would’ve preferred, but over the playoffs* he was the most consistent and earned it. He drove aggressively** and was confident in himself, so I can’t hate on him for that. 

*Yes the playoff format is a joke and doesn’t really determine the true champion, but it is what it is and he was the best in those 10 races

**Regarding Martinsville, if he didn’t win there he would’ve missed the championship 4. Like it or not, it’s what he had to do

I know, look you had the two best drivers who didnt even win, it should been Kyle or kevin. I guess its not about the wins, how you get to homestead.

Kyle and kevin both had 8 wins and joey with 2 before homestead. 

Even same with tyer reddick, he only won 2 races while you had bell with 7 wins.

Alot of NASCAR fans are pissed about joey winning. The ratings will go down because this new format. 

hvmY186.png

1 hour ago, Flames1fan said:

I know, look you had the two best drivers who didnt even win, it should been Kyle or kevin. I guess its not about the wins, how you get to homestead.

Kyle and kevin both had 8 wins and joey with 2 before homestead. 

Even same with tyer reddick, he only won 2 races while you had bell with 7 wins.

Alot of NASCAR fans are pissed about joey winning. The ratings will go down because this new format. 

Just saw a tweet from Jeff Gluck. Kyle Busch had an average finish of 8.4, the best of any driver since 2007. He finished 4th today. He finished 4th in the standings. Any other format he wins by 50+ points over Kevin Harvick. 

I understand what the playoff is meant to be. It’s to combat the classic “Every other sport has playoffs, why not NASCAR? You shouldn’t know the champion before the last race.” But NASCAR isn’t like other sports. Are there 40 football teams playing on the same field on Sunday? NASCAR can’t be compared to other sports because it’s not a direct head to head competition and the playoffs are only there to manufacture unnecessary drama. I actually saw something going into Phoenix that said the Xfinity points without playoffs was 15 points separating the top 5. We got robbed of an outstanding finish. Yeah, four drivers, best finish wins is cool and all, but I miss points racing. How memorable would Tony Stewart’s 2011 championship be if it was like the current format? He did literally everything he could and still tied! I want to see thing like that, where the second place driver has to finish in X position or better and the leader has to finish in Y or better. The current format completely gets rid of the real drama and replaces it with made up stuff that any real fan can see right through. 

Also, an extreme example: a driver could *theoretically* lead every lap of each of the first 35 races and lead 266 at Miami, get passed on the last lap and finish second in the standings. No it’ll never happen in reality, but the fact that that possibility is out there shows how flawed the system is. I could go on for days about the flaws of the playoff

Archived