Crabcake

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

Carson Palmer retired. Safe to say Zona will need a new QB in addition to a coach.

And a new receiver if the right coach isn’t hired. I see them drafting a QB in the first round and signing a receiver in the off season 

It's forced networking, which can be a good thing.  Even if you know who you're going to hire, you may meet someone that you otherwise wouldn't have, be impressed, and either consider them for another position, or recommend them to your peers.  It also gives them opportunities to go through the process which can only help prepare them for future legit opportunities.

Is it necessary?  Maybe, maybe not.  Probably not.  Is it a good thing?  Yes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/2/2018 at 5:39 PM, Gary. said:

And a new receiver if the right coach isn’t hired. I see them drafting a QB in the first round and signing a receiver in the off season 

I think best case scenario, we sign a QB like Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins in free agency, and then draft our next WR to fill Fitz's hole in hopefully a year or two. I'm not a huge fan of many of the QBs in this draft.

a2BRS8U.png

1 hour ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Bills hire Alabama offensive coordinator Brian Daboll fresh off a national championship win. He spent a lot of time in New England as well winning five Super Bowls as an assistant coach. Maybe a little of that success will rub off on the Bills for once?

With the exception of the Peterman start, McDermott has made some pretty smart decisions.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 1/11/2018 at 10:53 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

It's forced networking, which can be a good thing.  Even if you know who you're going to hire, you may meet someone that you otherwise wouldn't have, be impressed, and either consider them for another position, or recommend them to your peers.  It also gives them opportunities to go through the process which can only help prepare them for future legit opportunities.

Is it necessary?  Maybe, maybe not.  Probably not.  Is it a good thing?  Yes.

I could be wrong, but I think Mike Tomlin's hire by the Steelers is a direct result of the Rooney Rule. They expected to promote Russ Grimm to head coach, Tomlin was brought into fulfill their rule's requirement, and then crushed his interview so they hired him instead.

I don't see the harm of the rule at all. At worst it gets more people in front of owners. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

In hindsight, I wonder if Steelers fans now wish they did go with Russ Grimm. 

Also, http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000907241/article/ben-mcadoo-interviewing-for-cleveland-browns-oc-job

apparently The Browns are interested in that guy The Giants had cosplaying as an NFL coach. 

It's The Browns so it actually makes perfect sense. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

On 1/14/2018 at 1:30 PM, ozzyman314 said:

Apparently Indy is willing to give Josh McDaniels another shot at Head Coach.  

Im kinda surprised by this, because I only assumed McD was the coach in waiting for after Belechick retires.

Guess this means Belechick isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

23 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Im kinda surprised by this, because I only assumed McD was the coach in waiting for after Belechick retires.

Guess this means Belechick isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

Most people I talked to thought Patricia was the heir-apparent to Belichick's throne. 

But I guess nether are willing to wait 40 more years. 

I feel a bit bad for McDaniels, he's going to be inheriting a really bad team, that won't be competitive for a while. Though it isn't fair to hold his Denver tenure against him, he likely learned a lot more since then. Especially with more time under Belichick. 

On the other hand, I'm curious what Patricia can do out on his own. Lions are team that could be competitive with just a few right pieces (a good HC being one of them). 

Belichick will probably outlast Brady. The guy lives & breathes football. He's the kind of guy that would be so bored in retirement. He'll likely be coaching into his late 70's or as long as his body can physically keep up with it. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

I'd like to say New England won't be the same next year with the losses of both coordinators to HC jobs and potentially the loss of another coach to Arizona, but this is the NFL and they won't allow that. Parity is a foreign concept the league cannot allow. The empire must march forward.

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I'd like to say New England won't be the same next year with the losses of both coordinators to HC jobs and potentially the loss of another coach to Arizona, but this is the NFL and they won't allow that. Parity is a foreign concept the league cannot allow. The empire must march forward.

There’s more parity in the NFL than any other league. That the patriots have avoided it is a tribute o their management. They’re more impressive than any other dynasty ever. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived