Recommended Posts

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but those are two genius moves by Cleveland. Landry and Gordon is a very good WR duo, and Tyrod can be a good bridge QB for them. 

 

What this also allows them to do is not feel so much pressure to take a QB no. 1 overall. Instead they can take the best player in the draft, Barkley, and then use the No. 4 pick on their QB of the future if they so choose (i.e. they don’t trade the pick(s) away). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kizer is now backup to Rodgers; traded for DB Damarious Randall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Bills - word on the street is that they're offering anything but a #1 for Nick Foles (they literally offered two #2s and a BJ for Howie Roseman) so maybe that's why they're cool with getting rid of a starting QB.  In my heart of hearts (what a dumb expression) the Eagles don't trade Foles and hang onto him for insurance.  It would be lose/lose, because Foles seems to play really well in Philly and seems OK with his role as backup, but anywhere else he's the STL/KC bootleg version of himself.

 

Speaking of Eagles, I didn't realize that teams have to get under the cap this early, so expect some more creative deals or straight up purging.  Vinnie Curry is available to any team that wants to trade for him before he gets released, and it wouldn't take much to get him.  Ronald Darby is available for trade, and it wouldn't surprise me if Brent Celek and Jason Peters are either released or take big pay cuts to stay.

 

What's the point of having a "league year" if teams can all but sign the papers on trades now?  It's kinda like the ridiculous NBA offseason where players can negotiate and agree weeks before they're actually allowed to.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, the Nathan Peterman era begins in Buffalo!

 

(What the hell are the Bills going to do at QB?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Finally, the Nathan Peterman era begins in Buffalo!

 

(What the hell are the Bills going to do at QB?)

 

Well, in the NFL Draft, the NFL can draft a new quarterback for the Bills, so that Peterman won’t be the only quarterback on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gman13 said:

 

Well, in the NFL Draft, the NFL can draft a new quarterback for the Bills, so that Peterman won’t be the only quarterback on the team.

Thanks. I didn't know how the Draft worked.

/Sarcasm

 

Fact is they took a wild card team and will start over.  In a way, it's a brilliant move by GM Brandon Beane, who will conduct his first draft for the Bills and second year HC Sean McDermott. 

 

The GM convinced Pegula to basically push the "Reset" buttons on future expectations with a rookie QB. It's kinda brilliant in a way since the fanbase was gonna expect more after a successful first season for McDermott. McDermott could still be in trouble soon since Beane didn't hire him.

Edited by dfwabel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the Browns are gonna have to wait a while longer before they get their franchise QB. Taylor is okay, but the guy almost never throws for over 20 yards. He's like Tannehill, but with looser legs.

 

And a 4th and 7th round pick? For Landry? Really? Did the Dolphins just lose a trade to the God damned Browns?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Browns are wielding their gargantuan cap-space like a club.

 

Landry had only one destination: Cleveland. They had the space and the willingness to extend him long-term. No other team could do it, which is why the Dolphins basically got what they could in the trade (a 3rd and a 7th). And that third was from trading away P Andy Lee.  So, we got him for Andy Lee and a 7th. Same thing with Randall, swapping picks in the same round and giving up basically nothing AND the QB we no longer want for the CB we definitely want. And for Tyrod, it's just finding the Bills willing to do almost anything to get something for him since he was gone.

 

In all, the Browns still have 10 draft picks (1/4/33/35) and a ton of cap space still available even after redoing Landry's contract. There's a lot more than can happen.

 

 

Big thing for the Browns with Tyrod (apparently a guy the FO likes), is that we can take Barkley #1 overall. Which is really going to hurt the Giants. They were expecting Browns to take QB1 with the #1 pick and they'd get Barkley. Instead, they're basically going to look for a trade partner who wants first pick of QBs. Colts, too. They don't want a QB. I'm not sure if we see two trades into the top 3 for a QB. If so, Browns have probably already figured out their QB1 selection at #4 and are confident he's not taken by a trade-up team such as Denver, Arizona, etc.

 

What's even more stunning, is that taking Tyrod does nothing for the possibility of a FA QB. We still have room and money to take them and really throw a wrench into the league's plans. #4 becomes wide-open for trade downs and stockpiling even more picks for 2019. And with #33/36, we could package them and move back for a third first-rounder if there's someone we have an eye on who is still there at the right trading spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

The Browns are wielding their gargantuan cap-space like a club.

 

Landry had only one destination: Cleveland. They had the space and the willingness to extend him long-term. No other team could do it, which is why the Dolphins basically got what they could in the trade (a 3rd and a 7th). And that third was from trading away P Andy Lee.  So, we got him for Andy Lee and a 7th. Same thing with Randall, swapping picks in the same round and giving up basically nothing AND the QB we no longer want for the CB we definitely want. And for Tyrod, it's just finding the Bills willing to do almost anything to get something for him since he was gone.

 

In all, the Browns still have 10 draft picks (1/4/33/35) and a ton of cap space still available even after redoing Landry's contract. There's a lot more than can happen.

 

 

Big thing for the Browns with Tyrod (apparently a guy the FO likes), is that we can take Barkley #1 overall. Which is really going to hurt the Giants. They were expecting Browns to take QB1 with the #1 pick and they'd get Barkley. Instead, they're basically going to look for a trade partner who wants first pick of QBs. Colts, too. They don't want a QB. I'm not sure if we see two trades into the top 3 for a QB. If so, Browns have probably already figured out their QB1 selection at #4 and are confident he's not taken by a trade-up team such as Denver, Arizona, etc.

 

What's even more stunning, is that taking Tyrod does nothing for the possibility of a FA QB. We still have room and money to take them and really throw a wrench into the league's plans. #4 becomes wide-open for trade downs and stockpiling even more picks for 2019. And with #33/36, we could package them and move back for a third first-rounder if there's someone we have an eye on who is still there at the right trading spot.

Since they'll acquire Tyrod, McCarron (& agent) likely priced themselves out of CLE, so Barkley at #1 overall looks like their pick. However, at #4, is Bradley Chubb going to be available? As dynamic as Barkley is, having a talent opposite of Myles Garrett is more valuable to grow a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

And a 4th and 7th round pick? For Landry? Really? Did the Dolphins just lose a trade to the God damned Browns?

 

Jay Ajayi for a 4th?

 

The circumstances are obviously different, but they don't seem to be very good at getting value for their stars.  It had to kill them to watch Ajayi be a major contributor to a SB team while all they have to show for it is a 4th round pick that'll probably turn out to be a backup center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danny Shelton traded to NE. 

 

Remember that 1st round pick? Of course not, he was chosen by The Browns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

Jay Ajayi for a 4th?

 

The circumstances are obviously different, but they don't seem to be very good at getting value for their stars.  It had to kill them to watch Ajayi be a major contributor to a SB team while all they have to show for it is a 4th round pick that'll probably turn out to be a backup center.

Ajayi tore his right ACL and minicus at Boise State and had nearly 750 carries on said repaired knee after that in college.  He was drafted really on low tread and is now running on borrowed time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Danny Shelton traded to NE. 

 

Remember that 1st round pick? Of course not, he was chosen by The Browns. 

Hasn't Cleveland now traded away almost  all of their 1st Round picks in the past few years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Ajayi tore his right ACL and minicus at Boise State and had nearly 750 carries on said repaired knee after that in college.  He was drafted really on low tread and is now running on borrowed time.

 

I don't know nothin' about that, but he looked great for the Eagles.  Maybe they figure splitting the carries among 3 RBs will keep him going longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

I don't know nothin' about that, but he looked great for the Eagles.  Maybe they figure splitting the carries among 3 RBs will keep him going longer.

Ajayi  is also really cheap.

 

He was a 5th round pick and is only due $760K this season. He is cheap!

 

RBs don't really have value in 2018 thus LeVeon Bell's best option was to be franchise tagged twice and then sign a much lesser three year contract next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Announcing news: Sean McDonaugh out as announcer on MNF, Joe Tessitore in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is surprisingly not surprising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Jimmy Godroppolo Super Bowl LIII MVP confirmed. 

 

The 49ers can't play the Eagles in the Owl.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now