Crabcake

I’m sorry, but to me the NFL schedule release is the most overhyped, overblown event in the NFL offseason. It doesn’t deserve anywhere near the attention it gets. 

spacer.png

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Westgate SuperBook lines for Week 1:

Falcons at Eagles (-3.5, 47.5)

Steelers (-7, 48) at Browns

49ers at Vikings (-4.5, 47.5)

Bengals at Colts (-1, 47.5)

Bills at Ravens (-3.5, 42)

Jaguars (-4, 44.5) at Giants

Tampa Bay at New Orleans (-7.5, 52.5)

Texans at Patriots (-7, 51)

Titans (-2.5, 47) at Miami

Chiefs at Chargers (-3, 48.5)

Seahawks at Broncos (-2.5, 42)

Cowboys at Panthers (-2.5, 42)

Washington at Cardinals (-1, 45)

Chicago at Green Bay (-9, 48.5)

Jets at Lions (-6, 48.5)

Rams (-1.5, 49.5) at Oakland

22 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I’m sorry, but to me the NFL schedule release is the most overhyped, overblown event in the NFL offseason. It doesn’t deserve anywhere near the attention it gets. 

Especially since 14/16 opponents are known years in advance, and the remaining two are known four months in advance. It's pretty much just finding out who's playing in the night games, and when bye weeks are.

11 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Especially since 14/16 opponents are known years in advance, and the remaining two are known four months in advance. It's pretty much just finding out who's playing in the night games, and when bye weeks are.

Or being disappointed that, once again, no Bills game on Sunday night. Though, given the team doesn't have a quarterback, I don't blame NBC.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Or being disappointed that, once again, no Bills game on Sunday night. Though, given the team doesn't have a quarterback, I don't blame NBC.

The only way to win is to not play the game; I stopped expecting a Sunday night game years ago.

I'm pretty happy FWIW... one Monday game (although L because it's against the Patriots), no Thursday game, and the bye week is a little past the middle of the season.

I wish my team didn’t have prime time games. They suck - way too late. Monday Night ks is the absolute worst, although Sunday leads to rough Monday mornings. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I wish my team didn’t have prime time games. They suck - way too late. Monday Night ks is the absolute worst, although Sunday leads to rough Monday mornings. 

I hardly ever watch any night games. They are over close to midnight and I wake up at 5 on weekdays. Not a great way to start any day.

16 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It's a different kind of curse if your team isn't deemed worthy of Sunday/Monday games.

On 4/19/2018 at 10:04 PM, Crabcake47 said:

They've been talking about the NFL Draft for what seems like 3 months. I'm probably more exposed to it being a Browns fan, but I can't wait for the stupid thing to just be over.

It's a fun event, and I enjoy watching the first round. But really doesn't deserve all the hype and these experts getting paid crazy amounts of money to guess what teams will do. Then grading each team's picks before they even step on an NFL field.

On 4/19/2018 at 9:33 PM, DNAsports said:

All NFC Thanksgiving:

Bears @ Lions

Redskins @ Cowboys

Falcons @ Saints

Nothing new, happened last year too i think.  I like this plan, since now they allow crossover between CBS and Fox for NFC and AFC

On 4/19/2018 at 10:12 PM, ozzyman314 said:
Bears with the dumbest schedule unveiling ever. :lol:

While Houston has the cutest.

Fans are happy we only have two primetime games this year. And not facing the Colts for the season finale again.

9 minutes ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

While Houston has the cutest.

Fans are happy we only have two primetime games this year. And not facing the Colts for the season finale again.

:censored: them for making me feel so old! :lol:

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

2 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Don’t know why people thought otherwise. 

Just more manufactured drama for the inevitably long offseason. 

Just like the article ESPN ran about Brady not coming back for '18

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23228840/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-yet-commit-playing-2018-season

No commitment to playing, other than his interview at the Super Bowl where he said he'd play another year :rolleyes:

Archived