2 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Don’t know why people thought otherwise. 

Just more manufactured drama for the inevitably long offseason. 

Just like the article ESPN ran about Brady not coming back for '18

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23228840/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-yet-commit-playing-2018-season

No commitment to playing, other than his interview at the Super Bowl where he said he'd play another year :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, CS85 said:

if the Jets take him or Mayfield I'm gonna douse myself in lighter fluid

I mean, you have to consider the following...

1. That tweet was from 5 years ago. For all we know, he could be a different guy now.

2. He's from Wyoming.

If those tweets were still up recently, his agent should be fired immediately. That's exactly the kind of thing an agent should be thinking of in 2018; it's not the first time something like this has happened.

So those was back in 2013.....people can’t change for the better in 5 years? Why do we care??? Do we as a society look for the bad in people and not the good??? They are plenty of things I did back then that if I knew what I know now I’d not of done, the fact that society has a mob mentality makes me sick.....

I'm calling it now, the Bills will trade up to pick #4 and select Josh Rosen. He will then lead the Bills to a Super Bowl title in 2023.

9 hours ago, lilben777 said:

So those was back in 2013.....people can’t change for the better in 5 years? Why do we care??? Do we as a society look for the bad in people and not the good??? They are plenty of things I did back then that if I knew what I know now I’d not of done, the fact that society has a mob mentality makes me sick.....

Hes not some jabroni 4th round third string TE - he’s a QB, who will be the “face of the franchise”, represent the team to the fans and in the media, and have to be a leader in a locker room consisting of people from all kinds of backgrounds - mostly black. 

Is it possible that he’s learned and changed? Of course. Is it worth the risk of the downside isn’t high? Probably. Is it a major risk considering the role he needs to play on and off the field? You bet. If there’s other options, is it worth it? No. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, lilben777 said:

Allen has the "QB Agent".

CAA's Tom Condon is his agent and he failed Allen. They should have known soon after signing him. The only thing Condon did was give him Stephen A.'s phone number to use at 2am, and that's a disservice to Stephen A.

Edited by dfwabel

20 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I mean, you have to consider the following...

1. That tweet was from 5 years ago. For all we know, he could be a different guy now.

2. He's from Wyoming.

1.  Maybe

2.  He's from California.  He only played at Wyoming, which, um, hasn't had the best of luck in the past with the treatment of minority players.

So Baker Mayfield's the next in that long line on the Cleveland QB jersey.  

2 minutes ago, tp49 said:

So Baker Mayfield's the next in that long line on the Cleveland QB jersey.  

Ya beat me to it...

28639e6f8b00b524bf57d908e5c0f955.jpg

Pardon my pessimism, but I just can't help but feel like Mayfield will be the next name added.

Yeah i hate the pick for the Giants. The giants will probably be complete :censored: for the foreseeable future because the took a RB over 1 of the 3 good QBs in this draft its kinda sad to see that franchise living in the past like Eli is in his prime still. 

Honestly I think I Baker Mayfield was a great college quarterback but I dont think he will be a great pro quarterback. He's also pretty cocky and that doesnt result well in the NFL.for QBs. None the less he is with the Browns so any chance he had at pro carrer is gone.

Commiserations Baker Mayfield & Denzel Ward.

**every other prospect exhales a sigh of relief, after the Browns did not call their name**