Crabcake

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ozzyman314 said:

:jawdrop: Pats didn’t take Larmar Jackson? 

Jackson is overrated.

In his Heisman year bowl game, LSU's defense not only held him in check, but completely kept him out of the endzone.

It is what it is.

2 minutes ago, Brass said:

Lost a Super Bowl because they couldn't get stops. Drafts a LT/RB in the first round.

CeLzIwkUMAAT9jV.jpg

And no QB to take over for their 41 year old one. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

As for the teams that passed on him? Rosen has a message.

"Nine mistakes were made ahead of me," said Rosen. "And I will make sure over the next decade or so that they will know that they made a mistake."

NFL teams, you've been put on notice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929230/article/josh-rosen-nine-mistakes-were-made-ahead-of-me

QBs that the Bills have passed on in the last eight NFL Drafts:

2011- Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick

2012- Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins

2014- Derek Carr, Jimmy Garopollo, Blake Bortles

2016- Dak Prescott

2017- Deshaun Watson

2018- Josh Rosen

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Jackson to Baltimore. What does that say about Flacco?

Does it finally answer the age old question: “Is Joe Flacco elite?”

8 hours ago, B-Rich said:

Jackson is overrated.

In his Heisman year bowl game, LSU's defense not only held him in check, but completely kept him out of the endzone.

Louisville also doesn't have an offensive line to speak of.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

love the Jackson pick by the Ravens. It gives a supremely talented young quarterback time to learn behind the established starter and take over for him when the time is right. Also, the Ravens have Greg Roman on the staff, who IIRC was a big reason why Kaep (another mobile QB just like Jackson) was so effective his rookie year. 

spacer.png

I'm just glad my team dumped its only successful quarterback in a generation who happens to be black for some white guy who played at Wyoming and happens to be a low key racist. But the Bills at least know their fanbase.

I might actually be out in football this time (LOL probably not).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Thoughts

- I think Baker Mayfield is closer to Colt McCoy than he is Drew Brees. I think that will join the long list of bad picks by the Browns. 

- If they wanted Saquon Barkley and Mayfield they completely botched the order.  

- I also think they made a huge mistake by taking the corner instead of Chubb. 

- Drafting any running back before the second round is stupid. They're all pretty interchangeable, you can get the same results with a committee, they're so reliant on the quality of the offensive line anyways, and they have the shortest shelf-life of any position on the field. How long is Eli going to play for the Giants? This was their chance to hand off the franchise to another guy for the next decade plus and they took a running back who will be lucky to play there 6 years. 

- I wanted the Bengals to take Lamar Jackson at 21. 

- The Ravens did what I wanted the Bengals to do after not using their first pick to take Lamar Jackson. This, in a nutshell, is why we stay bad while other teams retool and make it back to the deep playoffs. Baltimore isn't afraid to take a risk to replace their big contract super bowl winning quarterback while the Bengals are scared to upset Andy :censored:ing Dalton. Worst part is he went inside the division. I was terrified and certain Pittsburgh was going to take him, but the Ravens are almost just as scary. 

- Billy Price is fine. He's a day one upgrade over Russell Bodine. If he played with the torn pectoral muscle he's a day one upgrade over Russell Bodine. Here's my issue - pretty much any pick in this draft or any free agent signing is a day one upgrade over Russell Bodine. 

- The Bengals have had a weird and curious history of drafting injured players recently.
- Josh Allen is Brock Osweiler except dumber. The Bills trading up twice to draft him is dumb AF.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The more I thought about the selection of Vander Esch to Dallas, the more it makes sense. They lost Hitchens in FA, Sean Lee can't stay healthy (despite being one of the best at his position when he is), and Jaylon Smith is still a mystery if he can take the next step in his continued recovery from completely shredding his knee.

There are still WRs left on the Big Board (like Sutton for instance); the sky isn't falling; but 95% of Cowboys fans on social media certainly think so.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived