Crabcake

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

We're you inspired or uncomfortable with Ryan Shazier walking out give the Steelers pick?

Me, I was uncomfortable and thought he shouldn't try to play again.

I'm all for him walking around after narrowly avoiding becoming stuck in a wheelchair, but I agree.

Trying to get back on the field is too risky. Shazier should quit while he's ahead. But hey; if truly wants to get back on the field. That's more power to him.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

1 hour ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

The more I thought about the selection of Vander Esch to Dallas, the more it makes sense. They lost Hitchens in FA, Sean Lee can't stay healthy (despite being one of the best at his position when he is), and Jaylon Smith is still a mystery if he can take the next step in his continued recovery from completely shredding his knee.

There are still WRs left on the Big Board (like Sutton for instance); the sky isn't falling; but 95% of Cowboys fans on social media certainly think so.

I don’t mind the pick either. Defense has certainly been a problem area, but I can understand fans looking at that Dez shaped hole still being empty. I thought they would’ve taken the kid from Bama myself.

47 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

We're you inspired or uncomfortable with Ryan Shazier walking out give the Steelers pick?

Me, I was uncomfortable and thought he shouldn't try to play again.

Yeah, he should learn his place and stay in a wheelchair so he doesn't upset you.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

45 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

I don’t mind the pick either. Defense has certainly been a problem area, but I can understand fans looking at that Dez shaped hole still being empty. I thought they would’ve taken the kid from Bama myself.

I was anticipating Ridley being selected, but then when I heard them talking about how Dallas really liked Vander Esch a few minutes before they picked, I wasn't so sure.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I don’t get why people are calling Josh Allen a racist. He was what, 15? And quoting rap lyrics. Bad choice? Obviously, but the way people are reacting makes it seem like he’s a full on klansman. Why is society so hell bent on tearing everyone down? Last night should’ve been the best night of his life, but instead he was stuck panicking about something that really shouldn’t have been relevant. 

9 minutes ago, jn8 said:

I don’t get why people are calling Josh Allen a racist. He was what, 15? And quoting rap lyrics. Bad choice? Obviously, but the way people are reacting makes it seem like he’s a full on klansman. Why is society so hell bent on tearing everyone down?

Why do white folks fight so hard to keep saying the N-word?

19 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Why do white folks fight so hard to keep saying the N-word?

I’m not fighting to keep saying it, no one should say it no matter what race they are, but to call him a racist for quoting a rap song? I think it’s a bit of an over reaction. Still dumb on his part, but it’s not fair to label him as a racist for it

Frankly I don’t get why something a player said/did like 5 years ago should be held against him. 

If it was a few weeks or months ago that’s one thing. But like years before you had any idea you’d be in the NFL Draft? That’s just not fair. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

2 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929367/article/dallas-cowboys-veteran-jason-witten-expected-to-retire

Well then...that happened...

Forward your dimensions for your gold jacket Witten. And tell those in Canton to keep a spot warm for you.

About three weeks ago, I was in a focus group in which six guys called a quarter of the Chiefs/Titans wildcard game with Joe Tessitore. The six were:

Jason Witten

Rex Ryan

Louis Riddick

Jesse Palmer

Joe Thomas

Booger McFarland

Rex and Jesse Palmer scored the highest within our group, but I ranked Riddick over Palmer. Booger was repetitive and to me, Witten was the worst of the six.

As for DAL, they'll likely draft a TE today since James Hanna announced his retirement on Tuesday and the three TE on the roster (Geoff Swaim, Rico Gathers, and Blake Jarwin) have a total of 9 career receptions.

42 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

About three weeks ago, I was in a focus group in which six guys called a quarter of the Chiefs/Titans wildcard game with Joe Tessitore. The six were:

Jason Witten

Rex Ryan

Louis Riddick

Jesse Palmer

Joe Thomas

Booger McFarland

Rex and Jesse Palmer scored the highest within our group, but I ranked Riddick over Palmer. Booger was repetitive and to me, Witten was the worst of the six.

Good thing he was going to Monday night.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Brass said:

Yeah, he should learn his place and stay in a wheelchair so he doesn't upset you.

I thought it was questionable to bring out a guy who was basically paralyzed playing football in front of players who were just starting their NFL career.  Kind of a "here's the life that's waiting for you."  I think his recovery has been remarkable and he's certainly inspiring, but I wouldn't have chosen that moment to highlight the results of a violent football injury. 

It's almost like bringing out someone suffering from the effects of CTE to draft a player into the league that caused it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

Frankly I don’t get why something a player said/did like 5 years ago should be held against him. 

If it was a few weeks or months ago that’s one thing. But like years before you had any idea you’d be in the NFL Draft? That’s just not fair. 

"well if I knew I was going to the NFL, I would have kept my racist remarks offline".  That's kind of dumb to dismiss someone's behavior because they didn't know they'd be caught.  It absolutely can be held against him because there's no evidence that it's truly in his past.  Also it demonstrates poor judgement to put that on Twitter - judgement that in todays era, a 16 year old should have by now.

That being said, based on what I read (which might not be the full story), I think it's overboard to label him a horrible racist.  Dumb, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it's just kids quoting rap songs and messing around without the intelligence to understand why it's not OK to do so. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

I’m not fighting to keep saying it, no one should say it no matter what race they are, but to call him a racist for quoting a rap song? I think it’s a bit of an over reaction. Still dumb on his part, but it’s not fair to label him as a racist for it

He's expected to be a leader in a locker room that's something like 70% black.  That's why teams are concerned about it.  The rest of the world is because it sits out there on social media like a wart.  And the context is sorely lacking.  I did not know those lyrics. There was also the "white is right" tweet...and if he was making a subtle social commentary, it was not obvious.  And use of an anti-gay slur (which teams probably only care about for PR).

I knew some racists in high school that have toned it down.  And he could have changed.  But he did not take the tweets down.  And in this day and age, racist or not, he needs to be smarter than that...that in itself could concern potential teams.  Anyone, including you or I, could comb through his social media and find something damning.  That's just the world we live in today.  If you tweet like that, you're going to be called out.  QB is a different kind of position.  And he dropped a bit of the ball on leadership and self-awareness.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

41 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

He's expected to be a leader in a locker room that's something like 70% black.  That's why teams are concerned about it.  The rest of the world is because it sits out there on social media like a wart.  And the context is sorely lacking.  I did not know those lyrics. There was also the "white is right" tweet...and if he was making a subtle social commentary, it was not obvious.  And use of an anti-gay slur (which teams probably only care about for PR).

I knew some racists in high school that have toned it down.  And he could have changed.  But he did not take the tweets down.  And in this day and age, racist or not, he needs to be smarter than that...that in itself could concern potential teams.  Anyone, including you or I, could comb through his social media and find something damning.  That's just the world we live in today.  If you tweet like that, you're going to be called out.  QB is a different kind of position.  And he dropped a bit of the ball on leadership and self-awareness.  

This is all fair, especially the bolded parts. I just get upset when people automatically assume he's a horrible, horrible racist over a couple ill-advised tweets. I've seen many people just lashing out on him for it, calling for teams not to draft him, calling the entire Buffalo Bills organization racist because they drafted him after releasing Tyrod Taylor, a black QB. But like you said, teams have a right to be a little concerned about a position requiring so much leadership, and I understand that, but at the same time, I wouldn't like my entire character judged on a mistake I made when I was a freshman or sophomore in high school. In short, its fair to be a little wary, but the amount of time that's past I'd say it's not a big deal.

45 minutes ago, jn8 said:

This is all fair, especially the bolded parts. I just get upset when people automatically assume he's a horrible, horrible racist over a couple ill-advised tweets. I've seen many people just lashing out on him for it, calling for teams not to draft him, calling the entire Buffalo Bills organization racist because they drafted him after releasing Tyrod Taylor, a black QB. But like you said, teams have a right to be a little concerned about a position requiring so much leadership, and I understand that, but at the same time, I wouldn't like my entire character judged on a mistake I made when I was a freshman or sophomore in high school. In short, its fair to be a little wary, but the amount of time that's past I'd say it's not a big deal.

My ears are burning. This is what I said, which is not the same as the bolded above:

6 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I'm just glad my team dumped its only successful quarterback in a generation who happens to be black for some white guy who played at Wyoming and happens to be a low key racist. But the Bills at least know their fanbase.

I might actually be out in football this time (LOL probably not).

2013 wasn't a million years ago. People were getting in trouble for racist tweets then too. And while the Bills organization may not be racist (they were the first team to have their entire QB depth chart be black), their handling of Tyrod was inexcusable and many feel it would have been different if he were white. This is the same team that benched Taylor in the middle of a playoff race to let Nathan Peterman lose them a game just for fun.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

My ears are burning. This is what I said, which is not the same as the bolded above:

2013 wasn't a million years ago. People were getting in trouble for racist tweets then too. And while the Bills organization may not be racist (they were the first team to have their entire QB depth chart be black), their handling of Tyrod was inexcusable and many feel it would have been different if he were white. This is the same team that benched Taylor in the middle of a playoff race to let Nathan Peterman lose them a game just for fun.

Hey, apologies man, wasn't trying to call you out, I actually didn't even see your post. I was talking about stuff I've seen on Twitter and Facebook. Personally, I love Tyrod (I was hoping Denver would trade for him) and the handling of him was pathetic in Buffalo, but I don't think it was race that caused it, just a coach who wanted a different style QB, a more prototypical, tall, strong armed guy. (Referring to Josh Allen, not Peterman. The Peterman game was inexcusable for a playoff contending team)

Again, sorry if it looked like I was going after you, I was making an observation about some stuff in my Twitter feed. That's my bad, hope y'all don't hold it against me

Archived