Crabcake

I only read part of that, but maybe I’ll vote for Popovitch/Carroll in the primary rather than Oprah/Rock. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Not that Philly fans even give af...

Just read this on the local news site.  Hard to comment without it crossing over into political territory, but I'm very glad that they're not going, and glad that he embarrassed himself yet again by disinviting them on the night before.  Jeff Lurie, a Clinton donor, called the presidency a disaster, and most players weren't going anyway.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/06/philly_mayor_rips_egomaniac_donald_trump_for_dissing_eagles.html

Philly Mayor Kenney goes after President Trump
“Disinviting them from the White House only proves that our President is not a true patriot, but a fragile egomaniac obsessed with crowd size and afraid of the embarrassment of throwing a party to which no one wants to attend”

Again, hard to comment more without it crossing the line, so that's that.

Oh wow...I was totally unaware of what was going on with Dwight Clark.  Ugh.  RIP. 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/06/philly_mayor_rips_egomaniac_donald_trump_for_dissing_eagles.html

Again, hard to comment more without it crossing the line, so that's that.

It’s going to be hard to comment on a lot about the NFL for a while.  This is gonna get worse before it gets better.  I bet the league regrets nothing more than they do the change to having players on the field during the Anthem.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

One reporter just said that five or fewer players were confirmed to attend. 

Yeah, it's the classic "I quit" "You're fired"

And then the White House has to put out another petty statement this morning saying the Eagles turned their backs on their fans.

Like... whatever, guy.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

<MOD EDIT> Parody or not, that's just the sort of thing that's bound to light this powder keg.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 5/31/2018 at 6:48 PM, DG_Now said:

So 2018 is very clearly the last year for Pete Carroll in Seattle.

Yeesh.

I for one congratulate Pete Carroll on inventing liberalism. I think it just might work.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Moderators removing my posts?!

Of course they did.  Bastard mods.

Did you take your <mod redacted - inflammatory language> pills this morning, <redacted>?!

Either way, y'all are cowards.

Do you believe in freedom of SPEECH?

I didn't think so....commie.

There's no more justice in this world....not for the strong...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Fact: no Eagles knelt during the anthem this year. 

Fox News showed eagles players kneeling in prayer and said that they were kneeling during the anthem. 

This eagles team really is probably the best at giving back to the community and really making an impact. If you put fan blinders aside, they legitimately are a likable team of pretty much all good guys that legit care about the community, starting with the owner. For Trump and the Fox machine to paint them in any other light is as ridiculous as anything they’ve done in the past year. 

People are saying (I’m not sure if confirmed) that the entire Eagles team was planning to go to DC, but that in order to let the players off the hook, they planned the whole time to actually send a small “delegation” of 4 or 5 players and another 5 execs to the actual white house, and then the whole team was going to do a community project in the city afterwards. That way the players that boycotted wouldn’t look like bad guys (in some people’s eyes) because the decision was out of their hands (though I’m sure anyone that actually wanted to go could have been in the “delegation”). 

14 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Fact: no Eagles knelt during the anthem this year. 

Fox News showed eagles players kneeling in prayer and said that they were kneeling during the anthem. 

This eagles team really is probably the best at giving back to the community and really making an impact. If you put fan blinders aside, they legitimately are a likable team of pretty much all good guys that legit care about the community, starting with the owner. For Trump and the Fox machine to paint them in any other light is as ridiculous as anything they’ve done in the past year. 

People are saying (I’m not sure if confirmed) that the entire Eagles team was planning to go to DC, but that in order to let the players off the hook, they planned the whole time to actually send a small “delegation” of 4 or 5 players and another 5 execs to the actual white house, and then the whole team was going to do a community project in the city afterwards. That way the players that boycotted wouldn’t look like bad guys (in some people’s eyes) because the decision was out of their hands (though I’m sure anyone that actually wanted to go could have been in the “delegation”). 

The defense of this, that I saw, was hilarious..."You'd have to be stupid to not realize this was not during the anthem."  Yeah, because everyone who saw that photo watches the NFL three times a Sunday.  Ugh.  It was deliberate misguiding and there's no other way to say it.  The surprising part is that they attributed someone's prayer (good) to kneeling (evil).  They're so willing to lie for T**** that they'll even smear a Christian.  Oh well, one of their fans (a semi-famous awful person) actually criticized Chris Long for giving his entire salary away because it was a "writeoff."  Have I crossed a line?  #essentiallystatenews.

POTD (Shared)

Who is the fan?

12 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Who is the fan?

Not Eagles fan...Fox fan.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/24/britt-mchenry-blasts-chris-long-over-eagles-salary-donation/

POTD (Shared)

Archived