On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:14 PM, Jimmy Lethal said:

It's becoming more and more apparent to me that no other countries play American football because it's a disgustingly toxic sport.

A friend of mine went overseas to Europe recently and he said that the most popular American sports league in Europe is the NBA.

Depositions given by Mr. Jones and other owners indicate that Mr. Trump’s criticism pushed the league to shift its stance. League executives publicly repeated the NFL’s aim to stay out of politics. But privately, they made political calculations in response to Mr. Trump’s repeated hammering of the issue.

The controversy over anthem protests had already been raging for a year when Mr. Trump—at a stump speech in Alabama last September—said that if a hypothetical player knelt during the national anthem, his team’s owner should “get that son of a bitch off the field now.” On Twitter , he later encouraged owners to fire those players and suggested a boycott.

“I was totally supportive of [the players] until Trump made his statement,” Stephen Ross, the Miami Dolphins’ owner and creator of programs advocating for social justice, said in his deposition. Noting that owners’ conversations with Mr. Trump were relayed during a league meeting, he said: “I thought he changed the dialogue.”

Mr. Trump’s stance is a key point in Mr. Kaepernick’s grievance, which was filed last October. It alleges that the league and its 32 teams colluded to keep him unsigned last season because of his political views.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-trumps-pressure-influenced-the-nfl-to-change-its-anthem-rules-1527685321

Seems like Kaepernick's case got a little stronger today.

I was in the “who the hell cares” crowd with all this kneeling stuff. 

But now, if I was an NFL player I would kneel just to spite all these morons. 

So 2018 is very clearly the last year for Pete Carroll in Seattle.

Yeesh.

I only read part of that, but maybe I’ll vote for Popovitch/Carroll in the primary rather than Oprah/Rock. 

Not that Philly fans even give af...

A catch so great, it was called "The Catch".

Godspeed, Mr. Dwight Clark.

the%20catch.gif

25 minutes ago, Cujo said:

A catch so great, it was called "The Catch".

Godspeed, Mr. Dwight Clark.

the%20catch.gif

Rest In Piece #87. Will always cherish a great childhood memory. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Not that Philly fans even give af...

Just read this on the local news site.  Hard to comment without it crossing over into political territory, but I'm very glad that they're not going, and glad that he embarrassed himself yet again by disinviting them on the night before.  Jeff Lurie, a Clinton donor, called the presidency a disaster, and most players weren't going anyway.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/06/philly_mayor_rips_egomaniac_donald_trump_for_dissing_eagles.html

Philly Mayor Kenney goes after President Trump
“Disinviting them from the White House only proves that our President is not a true patriot, but a fragile egomaniac obsessed with crowd size and afraid of the embarrassment of throwing a party to which no one wants to attend”

Again, hard to comment more without it crossing the line, so that's that.

Oh wow...I was totally unaware of what was going on with Dwight Clark.  Ugh.  RIP. 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/06/philly_mayor_rips_egomaniac_donald_trump_for_dissing_eagles.html

Again, hard to comment more without it crossing the line, so that's that.

It’s going to be hard to comment on a lot about the NFL for a while.  This is gonna get worse before it gets better.  I bet the league regrets nothing more than they do the change to having players on the field during the Anthem.

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

One reporter just said that five or fewer players were confirmed to attend. 

Kind of like dumping a woman who refused to go out with you in the first place.

Yeah, it's the classic "I quit" "You're fired"

And then the White House has to put out another petty statement this morning saying the Eagles turned their backs on their fans.

Like... whatever, guy.

<MOD EDIT> Parody or not, that's just the sort of thing that's bound to light this powder keg.

On 5/31/2018 at 6:48 PM, DG_Now said:

So 2018 is very clearly the last year for Pete Carroll in Seattle.

Yeesh.

I for one congratulate Pete Carroll on inventing liberalism. I think it just might work.

Moderators removing my posts?!

Of course they did.  Bastard mods.

Did you take your <mod redacted - inflammatory language> pills this morning, <redacted>?!

Either way, y'all are cowards.

Do you believe in freedom of SPEECH?

I didn't think so....commie.

There's no more justice in this world....not for the strong...