Recommended Posts

Fact: no Eagles knelt during the anthem this year. 

 

Fox News showed eagles players kneeling in prayer and said that they were kneeling during the anthem. 

 

This eagles team really is probably the best at giving back to the community and really making an impact. If you put fan blinders aside, they legitimately are a likable team of pretty much all good guys that legit care about the community, starting with the owner. For Trump and the Fox machine to paint them in any other light is as ridiculous as anything they’ve done in the past year. 

 

People are saying (I’m not sure if confirmed) that the entire Eagles team was planning to go to DC, but that in order to let the players off the hook, they planned the whole time to actually send a small “delegation” of 4 or 5 players and another 5 execs to the actual white house, and then the whole team was going to do a community project in the city afterwards. That way the players that boycotted wouldn’t look like bad guys (in some people’s eyes) because the decision was out of their hands (though I’m sure anyone that actually wanted to go could have been in the “delegation”). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Fact: no Eagles knelt during the anthem this year. 

 

Fox News showed eagles players kneeling in prayer and said that they were kneeling during the anthem. 

 

This eagles team really is probably the best at giving back to the community and really making an impact. If you put fan blinders aside, they legitimately are a likable team of pretty much all good guys that legit care about the community, starting with the owner. For Trump and the Fox machine to paint them in any other light is as ridiculous as anything they’ve done in the past year. 

 

People are saying (I’m not sure if confirmed) that the entire Eagles team was planning to go to DC, but that in order to let the players off the hook, they planned the whole time to actually send a small “delegation” of 4 or 5 players and another 5 execs to the actual white house, and then the whole team was going to do a community project in the city afterwards. That way the players that boycotted wouldn’t look like bad guys (in some people’s eyes) because the decision was out of their hands (though I’m sure anyone that actually wanted to go could have been in the “delegation”). 

The defense of this, that I saw, was hilarious..."You'd have to be stupid to not realize this was not during the anthem."  Yeah, because everyone who saw that photo watches the NFL three times a Sunday.  Ugh.  It was deliberate misguiding and there's no other way to say it.  The surprising part is that they attributed someone's prayer (good) to kneeling (evil).  They're so willing to lie for T**** that they'll even smear a Christian.  Oh well, one of their fans (a semi-famous awful person) actually criticized Chris Long for giving his entire salary away because it was a "writeoff."  Have I crossed a line?  #essentiallystatenews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how the President ended today's tweet with "NFL, no escaping to the locker rooms!" I can already imagine the White House hiring Liam Neeson to record a robocall and to narrate a commercial to air during every NFL game that goes something like this...

 

"Black NFL players, I don't know who you are. If it's money you're looking for, I can tell you that I don't have it. But what I do have is a particular set of skills, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you come out of the locker room and proudly stand for the signing of our national anthem, that'll be the end of it. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you.... And I will kill you."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

 

That's about the worst thing ever.  She's already proven herself to be a despicable person, but jesus man.  There's opinions, and then there's just being an evil despicable ignorant self-centered hateful person.  Unfortunately, there's enough like her that got us in this mess we're in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 12:42 PM, the admiral said:

 

I for one congratulate Pete Carroll on inventing liberalism. I think it just might work.

Speaking of which, awful offseason so far for the Hawks. Lost half of their defense, spent a premium pick on a RB, didn't improve O-Line, weaker at WR, and 2 very uninspiring coordinator  hires(Schottenheimer as OC LOL). They still have the best QB in the division(can't annoint Garoppolo yet), and best LBs, but man who had the California teams as probably the 2 best in the division a year ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I'm now interested in the HoF Ceremony now thanks to T.O. declining to attend.

 

We know he's not really liked by many, so is there really anyone who would induct him outside of Steve Young who would "take one for the team"?

 

He loves to hear himself talk, so not being a first ballot guy still pisses him off.

 

He's gotta be very broke and thinks he can get a fast couple hundred grand by hosting a party somewhere other than Canton/Akron as this quote is brutal.

Quote

"While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton. I have already shared this information with the Hall. After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere. At a later date, I will announce where and when I will celebrate my induction."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 4:06 PM, ninersdd said:

Speaking of which, awful offseason so far for the Hawks. Lost half of their defense, spent a premium pick on a RB, didn't improve O-Line, weaker at WR, and 2 very uninspiring coordinator  hires(Schottenheimer as OC LOL). They still have the best QB in the division(can't annoint Garoppolo yet), and best LBs, but man who had the California teams as probably the 2 best in the division a year ago?

 

Wait what?!

 

/CookieMonsterGiantCookie.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rams80 said:

 

Wait what?!

 

/CookieMonsterGiantCookie.gif

 

Yeah...Seattle lost all of its good coordinators from the Super Bowl teams, then lost most of its good players, and now is left with some crazy old man who think he's smarter than he is.

 

I'll be interested to see how many 12 flags are up around town next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

Yeah...Seattle lost all of its good coordinators from the Super Bowl teams, then lost most of its good players, and now is left with some crazy old man who think he's smarter than he is.

 

I'll be interested to see how many 12 flags are up around town next season.

Do they come in white?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is any other media market actually covering the Brady/Gronk "suspicion of tension" with the Patriots story or is that just the Boston sports media once again providing an example of them trying to force a Boston hero/heroes out of the city so they can play the victim? The whole city can hear Dan Shaughnessy jacking off over this "story."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now