Crabcake

I like how the President ended today's tweet with "NFL, no escaping to the locker rooms!" I can already imagine the White House hiring Liam Neeson to record a robocall and to narrate a commercial to air during every NFL game that goes something like this...

"Black NFL players, I don't know who you are. If it's money you're looking for, I can tell you that I don't have it. But what I do have is a particular set of skills, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you come out of the locker room and proudly stand for the signing of our national anthem, that'll be the end of it. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you.... And I will kill you."

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

That's about the worst thing ever.  She's already proven herself to be a despicable person, but jesus man.  There's opinions, and then there's just being an evil despicable ignorant self-centered hateful person.  Unfortunately, there's enough like her that got us in this mess we're in.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 6/5/2018 at 12:42 PM, the admiral said:

I for one congratulate Pete Carroll on inventing liberalism. I think it just might work.

Speaking of which, awful offseason so far for the Hawks. Lost half of their defense, spent a premium pick on a RB, didn't improve O-Line, weaker at WR, and 2 very uninspiring coordinator  hires(Schottenheimer as OC LOL). They still have the best QB in the division(can't annoint Garoppolo yet), and best LBs, but man who had the California teams as probably the 2 best in the division a year ago?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

OK, I'm now interested in the HoF Ceremony now thanks to T.O. declining to attend.

We know he's not really liked by many, so is there really anyone who would induct him outside of Steve Young who would "take one for the team"?

He loves to hear himself talk, so not being a first ballot guy still pisses him off.

He's gotta be very broke and thinks he can get a fast couple hundred grand by hosting a party somewhere other than Canton/Akron as this quote is brutal.

"While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton. I have already shared this information with the Hall. After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere. At a later date, I will announce where and when I will celebrate my induction."

On 6/6/2018 at 4:06 PM, ninersdd said:

Speaking of which, awful offseason so far for the Hawks. Lost half of their defense, spent a premium pick on a RB, didn't improve O-Line, weaker at WR, and 2 very uninspiring coordinator  hires(Schottenheimer as OC LOL). They still have the best QB in the division(can't annoint Garoppolo yet), and best LBs, but man who had the California teams as probably the 2 best in the division a year ago?

Wait what?!

/CookieMonsterGiantCookie.gif

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

10 hours ago, rams80 said:

Wait what?!

/CookieMonsterGiantCookie.gif

Yeah...Seattle lost all of its good coordinators from the Super Bowl teams, then lost most of its good players, and now is left with some crazy old man who think he's smarter than he is.

I'll be interested to see how many 12 flags are up around town next season.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

14 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Yeah...Seattle lost all of its good coordinators from the Super Bowl teams, then lost most of its good players, and now is left with some crazy old man who think he's smarter than he is.

I'll be interested to see how many 12 flags are up around town next season.

Do they come in white?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Is any other media market actually covering the Brady/Gronk "suspicion of tension" with the Patriots story or is that just the Boston sports media once again providing an example of them trying to force a Boston hero/heroes out of the city so they can play the victim? The whole city can hear Dan Shaughnessy jacking off over this "story."

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Fourth referee retires this off-season.

http://triblive.com/sports/columnists/timbenz/breakfastwithbenz/13798773-74/is-the-nfl-having-a-referee-crisis

Ed Hochuli (will assist the NFL), Jeff Triplette (to ESPN), Terry McAulay (to NBC) and now Gene Streatore, who appears to be headed to CBS.

He probably figured he had just worked what was inarguably the greatest game in the history of professional (or amateur) sports, and knew that he'd never get the same satisfaction out of another game.  I don't really blame him one bit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

He probably figured he had just worked what was inarguably the greatest game in the history of professional (or amateur) sports, and knew that he'd never get the same satisfaction out of another game.  I don't really blame him one bit.

I always felt like John Madden got to go out on a high note after Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa Bay. It felt like the perfect way for Madden's broadcasting career to come to an end. And that game was, at the time, probably the most exciting Super Bowl ever played...

...until Super Bowl LII. Holy crap was that a fun game! I would also have to put it at #1 on the list of greatest games ever played in the history of professional sports. The 2006 Rose Bowl would be a close 2nd.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, dfwabel said:

Fourth referee retires this off-season.

http://triblive.com/sports/columnists/timbenz/breakfastwithbenz/13798773-74/is-the-nfl-having-a-referee-crisis

Ed Hochuli (will assist the NFL), Jeff Triplette (to ESPN), Terry McAulay (to NBC) and now Gene Streatore, who appears to be headed to CBS.

Does every network that has the NFL needs a rules analyst?

32 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Does every network that has the NFL needs a rules analyst?

As complicated as the NFL rulebook is...Hell yeah.

Steratore would call 30-40 college basketball games a year in addition to his NFL duties. He's retiring from basketball as well to be on camera for CBS's NCAA basketball coverage.

Every network needs a rules analyst who is immediately and consistently contradicted by the refs on the field.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, willmorris said:

If the accusations about LeSean McCoy are true, he needs to be out of the NFL yesterday.

Its been well documented what a scum bag McCoy is. Between the twitter feud with his baby momma where he showed just how disrespectful he was not only to women, not only to his son’s mother, but also to his son when he claimed he wasn’t even going to pay any support, to the infamous no-tip thing where (to be fair, the crap-ass restaurant’s manager was totally in the wrong too) he showed how entitled, out of touch, and scummy he was, to the party where the invites said “females only, check your cell phones at the door”, to his alleged STDs, etc etc etc. 

He’s a total dirtbag, and whether this is true or not won’t change that. 

Oh, I forgot about possibly the worst one - literally beating off duty cops (on camera) while drunk at the club.  The cops shouldn't have been there and were probably up to something shady (no pun intended) so the case wasn't pursued, but it happened and was on tape.

Here's a run down of some of his transgressions:

Fight with cops:

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/02/heres-video-of-the-recess-fight-allegedly-involving-lesean-mccoy.html

Twitter attack on baby momma and son: (there's more to it than what's in this story, I remember it unfolding at the time)

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/01/lesean-mccoy-had-some-epic-baby-mama-drama-on-saturday-night.html

Accused of assault on a party bus for spraying a woman with water, having his body guard grab her, pour another beverage on her, then throw her out on the side of the Jersey turnpike:

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/05/lesean-mccoy-is-being-sued-for-an-assault-on-a-party-bus.html

Super shady female-only party:

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2017/02/lesean-mccoy-still-a-dick.html

Giving Marcus Vick's GF the herp (albeit are you going to believe him?... though he wouldn't let it go)

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/07/marcus-vick-appears-to-be-accusing-lesean-mccoy-of-giving-his-girl-herpes.html

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/07/marcus-vick-doubles-down-on-his-lesean-mccoy-herpes-allegations.html

Baseless accusations toward Lou Williams (now of the Lakers) of being a woman beater:

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/04/lesean-mccoy-accused-lou-williams-of-beating-women-in-dumb-twitter-fight-last-night.html

And there's much, much more.

Here's the GF he allegedly beat (and I mean "allegedly" sincerely - this is too serious to consider him automatically guilty, despite his past scumbaggary.  To my knowledge there's nothing this heinous in his past)

Capto_Capture-2018-07-10_11-05-55_AM-110

Apparently McCoy has a history of getting physical with (at least) one beat-writer going back as far as his 2nd season.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills-allegations-philadelphia-eagles-marcus-hayes-20180711.html

Archived