An Arizona Cardinals Concept

H11K

Its been a while since I've done a concept uniform on here, so I thought I would try and update my Arizona Cardinals. 

- Added a sandy tan color to accent the white and red instead of black on the uniforms.

- Used a simple striping pattern across all three uniform pieces, I've been sick of the current piping and striping we currently have.

- Made the red a little brighter and bolder than the current shade which is more like an actual cardinal in my opinion, not a huge change but still noticeable.

- Thought about adding red pants, only for the away uniform, but I decided to keep it a non alternate concept to start.

- Credit to Logan Weaver for the template!

Home:

y7HmsgA.jpg

Away:

3aoAyCk.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

18 hours ago, 29texan said:

Chiefs? 

I was thinking Redskins. 

I can see the redskins vibe, gonna try and switch up the striping.

4 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Huh, interesting direction.  Put a red mask on the helmet and we're talking.

I'll see what it looks like!

a2BRS8U.png

I think something has to be done about the logo to fit this concept. The Cardinals' logo has both black and yellow, neither which are found on the rest of the uniform. I like the uniforms and the fact that the Arizona flag pattern isn't up and down the uniform is a huge plus in my books. Maybe recolor the beak to the vegas gold color you are using and maybe add a black collar or cuffs or both. Might not look as good as I think it will but I think black would be too hard to remove without adding a darker color. 

• 5 weeks later...

I love the idea of red and sand, though I'd consider maybe trying brick red. Also, similar to the city color solidarity series, I'd try a sand colored beak. Lastly, maybe a thin black striping for the numbering (along with possibly sand-colored numbers for the home)?

I love the direction, though.

On 1/4/2018 at 2:27 AM, 29texan said:

Chiefs? 

I was thinking Redskins. 

I was thinking 49ers with the copper/gold that's on there. There needs to be something to make this jersey something other than a fill-bucket template. Weather that's some nod to the Arizona flag, or something bird-related wings, I don't know.

tinysig.jpg

1 hour ago, Jake3.roo said:

I was thinking 49ers with the copper/gold that's on there. There needs to be something to make this jersey something other than a fill-bucket template. Weather that's some nod to the Arizona flag, or something bird-related wings, I don't know.

I need to get back to work on this! Great feedback, I went with the simplicity because thats what the cardinals have traditionally worn, and I think I have a better idea on where to take the concept. More along the lines of the Jake Plummer era.

a2BRS8U.png

Adding sand allows it to fit in with the Arizona identity a little more. I'd make the facemask cardinal. That's one thing that doesn't match the uniform now. I like that it's simple since even though they've been in Arizona a short time, in NFL timelines anyways, they are still an original member and shouldn't try to look like an expansion team. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived