NFL Logos by MCrosby - PROJECT COMPLETE

mcrosby

EDIT: A gif of all teams: 

webp.net-gifmaker__3_.gif

I've posted two of these already, and I've got a few more. Instead of making a new thread for each of these I'll transition to one thread for all of them. Of course, I'd love C&C for all of this. 

Chicago Bears

bears.png

Indianapolis Colts

indy.png

Detroit Lions

detroitlions.png

Minnesota Vikings

vikings.png

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dropping the eye patch slightly on the Raiders concept was a great change...more pronounced.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The volt color is a little to bright, and clashes a lot with the two other really bright colors. The design itself is gorgeous, as usual, and the lightning bolt in the rhino's horn is clever as hell, but I feel like the color needs to be darkened a bit for it to be 100% perfect.

For the Chargers, why a rhino? Is there something significant about that animal to Los Angeles? I agree that it is very well put-together, but I'd also agree with changing the "volt" color (perhaps to a dark gold color?).

All of the other concepts are spot on. Really excellent work here.

My other question is why you have the notches on the circle part of the viking horn.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

1 hour ago, stumpygremlin said:

For the Chargers, why a rhino? Is there something significant about that animal to Los Angeles? I agree that it is very well put-together, but I'd also agree with changing the "volt" color (perhaps to a dark gold color?).

My other question is why you have the notches on the circle part of the viking horn.

This.  A "Charger" is literally a war horse... See "Destrier".

"While highly prized by knights and men-at-arms, the destrier was not very common.[2] Most knights and mounted men-at-arms rode other war horses, such as coursers and rounceys.[3] These three types of horse were often referred to generically as chargers."

hence the horse on all of the older logos...

canada.png

3 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

These days we try to connect mascot to city more than they used to, it helps us feel more connected to teams. But, Why Tigers in Cincinnati? Why Lions in Detroit? Why Tigers in Detroit? etc. It's not something that must be done, a Rhino is a BA animal that is powerful and charges so I'm good with it. A side-effect to a rhino as the mascot of a major pro team could be more awareness for the endangered status of the rhino.

But, if one wanted a connection to LA and charger one could use a Columbia Mammoth as a mascot to connect to the Tar Pits. For my money I'd rebrand the Chargers to the SabreCats for the same connection. The LA SabreCats... Could work.

For @mcrosby I'd say maybe make the eye smaller on the rhino.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived