NFL Logos by MCrosby - PROJECT COMPLETE

mcrosby

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, mcrosby said:

We've all seen some sort of flaming spartan helmet concept for the Titans, but why would a powerful titan even need a helmet? Let those flaming locks and curly beard fly free. 

Tennessee Titans: 

tennesseetitans.png

Absolutely beautiful. This logo ought to be in the NFL. Amazing work!

I really love the form of this one, really great work and a unique concept for the Titans. The only thing that irks me is the beard being blue, although I am unsure of how you could recolor that to fix it.

spacer.png

Congrats on a spectacular series, here are my thoughts on your 32 logos.

Atlanta: I don't think the Falcons have ever had a great logo, but yours is an improvement on both of their designs. It's still a bit difficult to read, but I think it's well done

Carolina: One of my favorite of the series, does a great job of keeping the spirit of the old logo (which I like) and removing the robot-ness of it. I still feel like the eyes are a bit off, but I other than that it's perfect.

New Orleans: The football seems a bit forced, but I like the idea

Tampa Bay: Does a great job of capturing the best parts of both of the previous pirate flag logos while improving the design. Bones instead of swords is a great touch

Buffalo: I don't particularly love the Bills current logo, but still almost every concept I see seems to be a downgrade. This is an exception. Holy cow! I'm not in love with the color scheme, but the design is top notch.

Patriots: It's a good update of Pat, but I've never liked him much as a primary logo anyway. I loved the helmet concept you had with the tricorn.

Miami: Hands down, best of the series. Possibly the best NFL concepts I've ever seen. It's a perfect marriage of the overly corporate current logo and the overly cartoony and detailed vintage logo into a spectacular mark

Jets: Nothing earth-shattering, but you did a good job with it

Seattle: A rare miss, for me. I see what you're trying to do, and agree with you that the current Seahawks logo is the best in the NFL, but this just feels off.

Rams: Something just seems awkward about this one to me. I think the point where the A and the horn meet could be smoothed out a bit to help the logo flow more

Arizona: Excellent. The realistic bird is fantastic and does a great job of keeping the spirit of the old one. The copper touches are really nice as well. The Cardinals should adopt this logo immediately

San Francisco: Good work. I've always hated how the current Niners logo has black when it isn't used anywhere else. The golden gate bridge stripe on the helmet is super clever. 

Dallas: It's so hard to top the classic star, but this would be a good concept in a vacuum.

Philadelphia: Again, I see what you're going for, but it just feels off. The bell is just a little too clever for its own good. It's well composed, just makes it seem fat.

New York: I like the idea and it's well done. Simple, but effective

Washington: The primary logo is probably one of your weakest, just doesn't seem like a football logo. That secondary, though. The linework is so efficient and well composed.

Denver: A Good fusion of eras, but the white space on the body seems too empty. Maybe a highlight or shadow could help with that.

Chargers: The Rhino logo is great, but the lightning bolt seems too fat and awkward to work. Maybe I'm just biased because I love the Chargers' current bolt.

Kansas City: Seems to jagged and detailed to work. The removal of black is nice, but it seems overwhelming with all of those edges.

Las Vegas: Spectacular. Brings the Raiders logo into the modern era nicely, while adding some modern Vegas flair.

Chicago: A rare downgrade, the Bear logo just isn't working for me. I think the eyes could use some pupils, and the nose highlights could be a little bit less refined. It looks like it has a pig snout right now.

Green Bay: Good update. As much as I hate to say it, it's tough to top the Packers current logo, but this is a nice change

Detroit: Very clean, but the blue and grey looks a little too muddled together without the white to break it up

Minnesota: This version is good, but I liked your previous Vikings logo much more. I'd maybe try a longer beard.

Baltimore: Very sleek, an excellent update of the current, but I feel like the checkers on the beak are overkill, and distract from the rest of the design

Cleveland: Nice stuff. I feel like the helmet stripe is too wide, though

Cincinnati: A little too abstract for my taste, but certainly not bad. I'd love to see you take a crack at a tiger head logo.

Pittsburgh: Very nice, love the matte helmet. The logo keeps the good aspects of the current logo while removing the unnecessary white and grey.

Houston: I love the Texans current identity, but this would be a great move if they wanted to go a new direction or even just a fauxback. Someone in the NFL needs to bring back the leather helmet, and I think it would work well with your cattle brand logo. 

Titans: Very nice, good call on avoiding the Spartan helmet, as that's been done many times before. If the Titans do anything similar this spring, I'll be thrilled

Jacksonville: Definitely better than the two previous Jags logos. The nose perspective seems a bit off, but it's nothing major.

Indianapolis: I've always wanted the Colts to tilt their logo into a C, and this is a great example of how well it would work. Love the helmet stripe and the blue facemask as well.

Overall, fantastic work, take a bow!

Archived