NFL Logos by MCrosby - PROJECT COMPLETE

mcrosby

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, while I'm still feeling good about completing the project: If the NFL were to expand to a European conference - 8 teams - which cities should they play in and what would you call them? The NFLEurope of olde all but turned into a German league, I'd like the league to stay spread throughout the continent. 

Up to me: 

• London (Monarchs)
  • Rome (Wolves or Lupi di Roma)
  • Paris 
  • Berlin 
  • Frankfurt (Galaxy or Frankfurter Galaxie)
  • Barcelona (Dragons or Dragones de Barcelona)
  • Amsterdam (Admirals or Amsterdamse Admiraals)
  • Athens 
  • Warsaw
  • Moscow

27 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

Alright, while I'm still feeling good about completing the project: If the NFL were to expand to a European conference - 8 teams - which cities should they play in and what would you call them? The NFLEurope of olde all but turned into a German league, I'd like the league to stay spread throughout the continent. 

Up to me: 

• London (Monarchs)
  • Paris 
  • Berlin 
  • Athens 
  • Warsaw
  • Moscow

Dusseldorf was one of the better backed franchises by the fans, but Frankfurt actually went out and fought for the right to get the name back, minus the original logo. London would definitely work since they would have the field at new White Hart Lane available. Moscow and Warsaw might be off the table due to travel for Warsaw and non-league factors for Moscow. Madrid or Sevilla could work as rivals for Barcelona, it just needs to marketed better than the WLAF was when they came back in 1995. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I know Germany is the European country that seems to be the most into American football, so Berlin and Frankfurt should be in. London is already getting games, so definitely there.

Rome and Paris are too high profile not to include.

I would bring back Amsterdam and Barcelona as well.

With the 8th, and final spot. From this list, I'd love Athens, but I'd love to see what you'd do with Dublin as well.

2 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I know Germany is the European country that seems to be the most into American football, so Berlin and Frankfurt should be in. London is already getting games, so definitely there.

Rome and Paris are too high profile not to include.

I would bring back Amsterdam and Barcelona as well.

With the 8th, and final spot. From this list, I'd love Athens, but I'd love to see what you'd do with Dublin as well.

100% agree with the above.

Overall, well done with this series. Every logo is very well executed. I have a couple complaints, mostly with Carolina, but all in all you did a fantastic job. Now, on to the critiques. I think that Carolina's just looks off. I think what it is is there's too much blue, and the eyes are too small. It doesn't look nearly as fierce, and is probably the only downgrade here. Also, I'm not digging the lighter blue and purple. It doesn't mesh well, especially with that much blue on the logo. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the fat bird Cardinals. While the full humanoid logo is downright disgusting, the slim neck makes it seem faster and more "football", rather than the giant neck. Finally, there's way too much yellow on the Chiefs. With all that out of the way, you are a fantastic designer. Several of these teams (namely Broncos, Patriots, and Titans) should adopt these logos. The coloring and general design is top-notch. This is far and away one of the best concepts I've ever seen. I can't wait to see what you do with NFL Europe. Bravo!

the user formerly known as cdclt

Congrats on finishing this. It's no small feat to redesign even the league's most classic and beloved logos, and I really appreciate your commitment to making good logos that are also unique and exciting. I'd love to see you continue with an NFL Europe revival if you do choose to do so. 

spacer.png

I've commented on here fairly often and I want to leave mcrosby with a huge thanks and congratulations for not only undertaking the task of redesigning 32 logos, but sharing them and being open to suggestions.

With that, top 5:

1. Vikings

2. 49ers

3. Rams

4. Dolphins

5. Broncos

tinysig.jpg

13 hours ago, mcrosby said:

5255e462945691.5aa15b4b098fc.gif

Ravens, Bills, Texans, Giants, Jets, Raiders, Titans, and Washington are the real standouts for me in what was a great concept. Great work, @mcrosby

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

14 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Up to me: 

• London (Monarchs)
  • Paris 
  • Berlin 
  • Athens 
  • Warsaw
  • Moscow

As a German, Frankfurt Galaxy is totally fine. No need to 'Germanize' it.

19 hours ago, mcrosby said:

5255e462945691.5aa15b4b098fc.gif

This has been an awesome thread. The only updates I don't really like are New Orleans, Seattle, Buffalo and Kansas City, but that's just personal preference. They are all very well done, obviously and it was fun to see what you had up your sleeve. I Tennessee and Tampa Bay are my favorites.

I like this redesign very much. Here's how I grade it:

Upgrades: Arizona, Baltimore (if you get rid of the flag on the beak), Buffalo, Carolina, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Jacksonville, both LA teams, Miami, Minnesota, New England, the New York teams, the Raiders, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, and Washington. I especially love the Minnesota, Vegas, and New England redesigns.

Downgrades: Atlanta (the two tails is weird, but I do like the colors), Chicago (only slight), Cincinnati (MC?), Cleveland, Dallas, Green Bay, Indy, KC, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, SF, and Seattle.

All in all, an ambitious project that I loved.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

18 hours ago, Whittier S said:

What I think would be most realistic, listed in order of likelihood:

London
Frankfurt
Berlin
Amsterdam
Barcelona
Dublin
Rome
Paris

Let's also not ignore the possibility of Mexico City getting a team in the future...

tinysig.jpg

On 3/8/2018 at 9:52 AM, mcrosby said:

Up to me: 

• London (Monarchs)
  • Paris 
  • Berlin 
  • Athens 
  • Warsaw
  • Moscow

I would keep all the names in English.

Amsterdam Admirals

Barcelona Dragons

Frankfurt Galaxy

London Monarchs

Rhein Fire

Scottish Claymores

For the seventh and eighth franchises...

Paris Musketeers, Gargoyles or Knights

Dublin Wolfhounds, Druids or Celtic Tigers

Milan Vipers

Rome Gladiators or Centurions

Archived