mattr1198

Future Retired Number Banner Concepts (NHL Added)

Recommended Posts

Umm...Quick wears 32 and Doughty wears 8 ;)

 

Also, Brown will probably have his number retired. Assuming he stays healthy and is with the team next season, he'll become the franchise leader in games played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 3:14 PM, mattr1198 said:

In response to some of your suggestions I have made four new banners for the players I missed or incorrectly only gave Honorable: Pau Gasol (LAL), Udonis Haslem, Jameer Nelson (ORL), and Andrei Kirilenko (UTH). Note the Magic one is a concept since they do not have any real retired numbers to this point. I will be making a bunch of NHL banners soon. Remember, though, these players have to be current, so notable exclusions I had included Tracy McGrady (Orlando and Houston), Kevin Garnett (Minnesota and Boston), Ray Allen (Milwaukee and Boston), and others.

 

daucZso.gif

The Magic have a retired number for "The Fans" #6, but I can't find a picture of it. Next time that I go to a game I can snap a picture of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheLAKnight said:

Umm...Quick wears 32 and Doughty wears 8 ;)

 

Also, Brown will probably have his number retired. Assuming he stays healthy and is with the team next season, he'll become the franchise leader in games played.

Fixed. My bad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bump

Edited by RealSkillsAbraham
LOL just noticed this is Future Retired Numbers im an idiot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are you going to do MLB as well? great job btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 8:27 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

The Magic have a retired number for "The Fans" #6, but I can't find a picture of it. Next time that I go to a game I can snap a picture of it.

Ha! After 20 minutes of searching I found a pic of it! (It's pretty lo q tho so thank me later)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 8:27 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

The Magic have a retired number for "The Fans" #6, but I can't find a picture of it. Next time that I go to a game I can snap a picture of it.

I figured it out, the jersey is in the background mostly blurred out. But you can pretty clearly tell its a white jersey with blue numbers1*xazeNAiUTAvubPtae1RIdQ.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 11:41 AM, mattr1198 said:

Here's the NHL series:

u8INe8V.gif

Anaheim: Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf

HM: None

Arizona: None (Note: Shane Doan has already retired and is not eligible)

HM: Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Max Domi (Both need to play longer and have more team success)

Boston: Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara

HM: Brad Marchand, Tukka Rask (No/not enough all-star appearances, respecively), Joe Thornton, Tyler Seguin (Both didn't play on team long enough)

Buffalo: None

HM: Jack Eichel (Needs to play longer), Jason Pominville (Not effective enough)

Calgary: Jarome Iginla

HM: Johnny Gaudreau (Needs to play a little bit longer)

Carolina: Eric Staal

HM: Cam Ward (Not effective enough despite being career Hurricane)

Chicago: Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Marian Hossa, Duncan Keith, Corey Crawford

HM: Brent Seabrook (Not as effective as the others)

Colorado: None

HM: Nathan MacKinnon (needs to play longer), Paul Stasny (not effective enough)

Columbus: Rick Nash

HM: Sergei Babrovsky (need more years of productivity)

Dallas: Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin

HM: None

Detroit: Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg

HM: Jimmy Howard (Not enough accomplishments to comply with Red Wings' high standards)

Edmonton: Connor McDavid

HM: None

Florida: None

HM: Roberto Luongo (not effective enough in time there)

Los Angeles: Anze Kopitar, Jonathan Quick, Jeff Carter, Drew Doughty

HM: None

Minnesota: Marian Gaborik

HM: Devan Dubnyk, Mikko Koivu (Both need some more effective years)

Montreal: Carey Price

HM: PK Subban (didn't play on team long enough)

Nashville: Pekka Rinne, Shea Weber

HM: Roman Josi (needs more years of effectiveness)

New Jersey: None

HM: Travis Zajac (not effective enough despite long tenure), Taylor Hall (needs more years)

NY Islanders: John Tavares

HM: None

NY Rangers: Henrik Lundqvist, Ryan McDonagh

HM: Jaromir Jagr (needed more years on team)

Ottawa: Erik Karlsson

HM: Jason Spezza (Not effective enough)

Philadelphia: Claude Giroux

HM: Wayne Simmonds, Jakub Voracek (Both need more all-star appearances)

Pittsburgh: Sidney Crosby, Marc-Andre Fleury, Evgeni Malkin, Jaromir Jagr, Kris Letang

HM: None

San Jose: Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski, Brent Burns

HM: Martin Jones (Needs more years of effectiveness)

St Louis: Vladimir Tarasenko, Alex Pietrangelo

HM: Alexander Steen (not effective enough)

Tampa Bay: Nikita Kucherov, Steven Stamkos

HM: Victor Hedman (needs a few more years of effectiveness)

Toronto: None

HM: Auston Matthews (needs a few more years at same caliber)

Vancouver: Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Roberto Luongo

HM: None

Vegas: None

HM: None

Washington: Alex Ovechkin, Braden Holtby, Nicklas Backstrom

HM: Evgeny Kuznetsov (Needs to play longer)

Winnipeg: Dustin Byfuglien

HM: Patrick Laine (needs a few more years at same caliber), Mark Scheifle (Needs some all-star appearances)

 

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to comment.

 

Anaheim could use Kariya in addition
Washington could use Bondra and Kolzig in addition
Winnipeg could use Selanne as an honourable mention

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

Anaheim could use Kariya in addition
Washington could use Bondra and Kolzig in addition
Winnipeg could use Selanne as an honourable mention

While those would seemingly be gimmes, I state multiple times I'm only talking players currently in the league. Thus, other players outside of the ones you mentioned, like Shane Doan and Patrik Elias are not included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2018 at 9:51 AM, CodeG said:

are you going to do MLB as well? great job btw

I will. They'll unfortunately be a bit more bland due to the nature of baseball retired numbers, but I'm working on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mattr1198 said:

While those would seemingly be gimmes, I state multiple times I'm only talking players currently in the league. Thus, other players outside of the ones you mentioned, like Shane Doan and Patrik Elias are not included.

Gotcha.  Must have missed that bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, I added the MLB:

lTSwSMz.gif

AL

Baltimore: Adam Jones

HM: Chris Davis, Zach Britton (Not enough achievement)

Boston: Dustin Pedroia

No HM

Chicago White Sox: None

HM: Chris Sale (Not enough time with team/went out on sour note), Alexei Ramirez (not enough accomplishment, even with Sox's easy standards)

Cleveland: Corey Kluber, Jason Kipnis

HM: Jose Ramirez (not enough time with team yet), C.C. Sabathia (not enough team success)

Detroit: Justin Verlander, Miguel Cabrera

HM: Curtis Granderson (not on team long enough)

Houston: Jose Altuve

HM: Dallas Keuchel, Carlos Correa (Both still need more time)

Kansas City: Salvador Perez

HM: Eric Hosmer (not enough achievement, sans World Series win), Zach Grienke (didn't play on team long/effective enough)

LA Angels: Mike Trout

HM: Albert Pujols (not enough achievement)

Minnesota: Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau (literally retiring tomorrow but still counts)

No HM

NY Yankees: C.C. Sabathia, Robinson Cano

HM: Brett Gardner (not enough achievement), Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez (both haven't played nearly long enough yet)

Oakland: None

No HM

Seattle: Felix Hernandez, Ichiro Suzuki

HM: Robinson Cano (not on team long enough yet)

Tampa Bay: Evan Longoria

HM: David Price (went out badly)

Texas: Josh Hamilton, Ian Kinsler, Adrian Beltre

HM: Elvis Andrus (not enough achievement)

Toronto: Jose Bautista

HM: Josh Donaldson (not on team long enough yet), Edwin Encarnacion (not enough achievement) (Blue Jays also have very strict number retirement standards)

 

NL

Arizona: Paul Goldschmidt

No HM

Atlanta: None

HM: Freddie Freeman, Brian McCann (both not enough achievement)

Chicago Cubs: Anthony Rizzo, Kris Bryant

HM: Jake Arrieta (not on team long enough)

Cincinnati: Joey Votto

No HM

Colorado: Nolan Arenado 

HM: Charlie Blackmon (not enough achievement), Matt Holliday (not on team long enough)

LA Dodgers: Clayton Kershaw

HM: Justin Turner, Yasiel Puig (both not enough achievement), Zach Grienke (not on team long enough), Corey Seager (not on team long enough yet)

Miami: Hanley Ramirez, Mike/Giancarlo Stanton

No HM

Milwaukee: None

HM: Ryan Braun (steroids)

NY Mets: David Wright, Jose Reyes

HM: Noah Syndergaard (not on team long enough yet), Matt Harvey (not enough achievement outside of Cy Young)

Philadelphia: Chase Utley, Jimmy Rollins

HM: Ryan Howard (not enough accomplishment in later years), Cole Hamels (not enough accomplishment [borderline]), Cliff Lee (not on team long enough)

Pittsburgh: Andrew McCutchen

HM: Neil Walker (not enough accomplishment)

San Diego: None

HM: Chase Headley (not enough accomplishment)

San Francisco: Buster Posey, Madison Bumgarner

HM: Pablo Sandoval (not enough accomplishment in later years)

St. Louis: Albert Pujols, Adam Wainwright, Yadier Molina

HM: Matt Holliday (not enough accomplishment to pass Cards' strict standards)

Washington: Bryce Harper, Stephen Strasburg, Max Scherzer, Ryan Zimmerman

HM: None

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-01-13 at 9:41 AM, mattr1198 said:

Here's the NHL series:

u8INe8V.gif

Anaheim: Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf

HM: None

Arizona: None (Note: Shane Doan has already retired and is not eligible)

HM: Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Max Domi (Both need to play longer and have more team success)

Boston: Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara

HM: Brad Marchand, Tukka Rask (No/not enough all-star appearances, respecively), Joe Thornton, Tyler Seguin (Both didn't play on team long enough)

Buffalo: None

HM: Jack Eichel (Needs to play longer), Jason Pominville (Not effective enough)

Calgary: Jarome Iginla

HM: Johnny Gaudreau (Needs to play a little bit longer)

Carolina: Eric Staal

HM: Cam Ward (Not effective enough despite being career Hurricane)

Chicago: Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Marian Hossa, Duncan Keith, Corey Crawford

HM: Brent Seabrook (Not as effective as the others)

Colorado: None

HM: Nathan MacKinnon (needs to play longer), Paul Stasny (not effective enough)

Columbus: Rick Nash

HM: Sergei Babrovsky (need more years of productivity)

Dallas: Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin

HM: None

Detroit: Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg

HM: Jimmy Howard (Not enough accomplishments to comply with Red Wings' high standards)

Edmonton: Connor McDavid

HM: None

Florida: None

HM: Roberto Luongo (not effective enough in time there)

Los Angeles: Anze Kopitar, Jonathan Quick, Jeff Carter, Drew Doughty

HM: None

Minnesota: Marian Gaborik

HM: Devan Dubnyk, Mikko Koivu (Both need some more effective years)

Montreal: Carey Price

HM: PK Subban (didn't play on team long enough)

Nashville: Pekka Rinne, Shea Weber

HM: Roman Josi (needs more years of effectiveness)

New Jersey: None

HM: Travis Zajac (not effective enough despite long tenure), Taylor Hall (needs more years)

NY Islanders: John Tavares

HM: None

NY Rangers: Henrik Lundqvist, Ryan McDonagh

HM: Jaromir Jagr (needed more years on team)

Ottawa: Erik Karlsson

HM: Jason Spezza (Not effective enough)

Philadelphia: Claude Giroux

HM: Wayne Simmonds, Jakub Voracek (Both need more all-star appearances)

Pittsburgh: Sidney Crosby, Marc-Andre Fleury, Evgeni Malkin, Jaromir Jagr, Kris Letang

HM: None

San Jose: Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski, Brent Burns

HM: Martin Jones (Needs more years of effectiveness)

St Louis: Vladimir Tarasenko, Alex Pietrangelo

HM: Alexander Steen (not effective enough)

Tampa Bay: Nikita Kucherov, Steven Stamkos

HM: Victor Hedman (needs a few more years of effectiveness)

Toronto: None

HM: Auston Matthews (needs a few more years at same caliber)

Vancouver: Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Roberto Luongo

HM: None

Vegas: None

HM: None

Washington: Alex Ovechkin, Braden Holtby, Nicklas Backstrom

HM: Evgeny Kuznetsov (Needs to play longer)

Winnipeg: Dustin Byfuglien

HM: Patrick Laine (needs a few more years at same caliber), Mark Scheifle (Needs some all-star appearances)

 

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to comment.

 

For Calgary, this guy has to be there:

fleury_theoren640.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the white sox, I think that Jose Abreu would be an easy choice. He's beloved in Chicago, and he has a phenomal character. He's also been extremely effective and you have some guys on there that have been in the MLB for less time than he has (Bryant, Arenado). I also think Zobrist should at least be considered for Tampa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

Please add the NFL! (and Aaron Rodgers)

I would try that, but the majority of the NFL do not have retired numbers, banners, or showcases in any form because of the NFL's strict number rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the Rangers, I would say Yu is more deserving than kinsler or andrus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now