Alaska Anchorage Seawolves Concept: Sun Added 1/17/18

hettinger_rl

UAA has used the same classic, tribal art influenced, logo since 1973 (REF). As stated, the logo is classic; but I was wondering - What if UAA would update their look? What would a Seawolf look like if it were modernized? What is the basis for the Seawolves name?

seawolves.jpg

In Haida and Tlingit culture; a seawolf is an enormous creature that preys upon pilot and killer whales. It as four legs with fins, a head similar to a wolf, and a tail like a fish or a whale or sometimes a prehensile tail. (This is not a wolf with an eye patch ;)) Before becoming the Seawolves, UAA's nickname was the Sourdoughs in reference to old sailors..... good upgrade. After researching historic and contemporary Haida and Tlingit depictions of seawolves I got to drawing out what a new Seawolves logo might look like, so here is my concept logo for the University of Alaska Anchorage Seawolves:

t5ps7n.jpg

Newest idea:

1/15/18

2lwwrvo.jpg

1/16/18

2dwgvmh.jpg

1/17/18

x0xil3.jpg

C&C Apreciated

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Personally, I think that the sketch you put in your last post is better than the finished product. The first one is a little bit too busy but your sketch holds the necessary upgrades to the original without going into confusing detail.  

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

Could you elaborate? :)

Dammit, I should probably pay more attention to what I’m writing. I love the sketch, it is exactly what I think would look better, sorry I was kinda rushed and typed it on my phone lol

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I'll develop this more next week, but here's my next step:

vhuihz.jpg

1 hour ago, Zeus89725 said:

It’s the perspective. Pacific Native American art is always at that 90 degree angle, if you catch my drift, and yours is kinda at a 45 degrree angle. If it were like the sketch where it’s a flat kind of view, it would be perfect.

Yeah, I was trying to take it into another view point, to make it feel more like a real creature.

On 1/12/2018 at 5:50 PM, Zeus89725 said:

That would be gorgeous if it were all colored in and polished up.

On 1/13/2018 at 12:28 PM, B-mer said:

The latest sketch is fantastic. Can't wait to see you work with it more. 

So here is the latest sketch cleaned up:

kedd75.jpg

Archived