Hornets 30th anniv logo

pagan696

well, next season will be *30 years for "the franchise".  should make a nice patch.

Hornets30th%20(2)

i'm just a little perplexed since we lost the original franchise to NO in 2002, only to get a new ownership group and team name in 2004-2014, before MJ rebranded the Bobcats to Hornets.  It's weird to celebrate 30 years when they've been somewhere or someone else for 40% of this "history".  I don't recall how Clev Browns, Oak Raiders, or even LA Rams handled any of their "missing years" or if really matters... but to me it seems really odd.  at least MJ can sell some more Jordan branded Hornets gear *sigh*

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

That'd be a nice patch if the franchise had never moved to New Orleans. But with the move, and then the new team, and then the name change, it's all one big mess.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Once again, I will repeat that the best possible situation would have been the Charlotte Bobcats taking up teal/purple/green/blue and Rockwell Bold Condensed, the Oklahoma City Hornets with a different color scheme (black/yellow or navy/cornflower/red-orange/yellow, take yr pick), and the Seattle Supersonics continuing. What a mess we have instead.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 1/15/2018 at 2:22 PM, Gothamite said:

Well, it pointedly says 30 years of “Charlotte basketball”, not “Charlotte Hornets basketball”.

Still doesn’t account for the two years in between the original Hornets and the Bobcats.

I think it works. As you said, it’s 30 years, not 30 seasons or necessarily even 30 continuous years. It basically just celebrates the 30th anniversary of Charlotte becoming host to pro basketball.

Likewise, even if one were to oppose the Browns keeping all the records of the previous franchise, I think it would still be well within reason for them to celebrate 1946 as a founding date for anniversary purposes. The entity that represents Cleveland football began in 1946 regardless of hiatus, relocation, name change, expansion, etc. Again, it all goes back to whether you see sports assets as solely private property, or whether there’s some inherent, unwritten civic ownership as well, regardless of where the profits go.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

I think it works. As you said, it’s 30 years, not 30 seasons or necessarily even 30 continuous years. It basically just celebrates the 30th anniversary of Charlotte becoming host to pro basketball.

Likewise, even if one were to oppose the Browns keeping all the records of the previous franchise, I think it would still be well within reason for them to celebrate 1946 as a founding date for anniversary purposes. The entity that represents Cleveland football began in 1946 regardless of hiatus, relocation, name change, expansion, etc. Again, it all goes back to whether you see sports assets as solely private property, or whether there’s some inherent, unwritten civic ownership as well, regardless of where the profits go.

This is exactly right. It's specifically celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Hornets' first season.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 1/15/2018 at 7:56 AM, pagan696 said:

well, next season will be *30 years for "the franchise".  should make a nice patch.

Hornets30th%20(2)

i'm just a little perplexed since we lost the original franchise to NO in 2002, only to get a new ownership group and team name in 2004-2014, before MJ rebranded the Bobcats to Hornets.  It's weird to celebrate 30 years when they've been somewhere or someone else for 40% of this "history".  I don't recall how Clev Browns, Oak Raiders, or even LA Rams handled any of their "missing years" or if really matters... but to me it seems really odd.  at least MJ can sell some more Jordan branded Hornets gear *sigh*

Shoulda used that hybrid Bobcat/Hornet logo floating out there.

spacer.png

Archived