Jazz and Sonics Concept

Jlrendon316

The Sonics logos are much too detailed. They are illustrations, not logos. Consider what is lost when the logo is shrunk down. The Jazz is okay, though I think enlarging the wordmark will help with the dead space.

rATMcmK.png

9 hours ago, Whittier S said:

The Sonics logos are much too detailed. They are illustrations, not logos. Consider what is lost when the logo is shrunk down. The Jazz is okay, though I think enlarging the wordmark will help with the dead space.

I disagree, I LOVE the detail in the Sonics logo.

22 hours ago, Whittier S said:

This is a big problem, from a far it will just look like a green circle

Excellent!

These are fine from a t-shirt perspective.  If you're looking into secondary marketing for a brand like this, you could do way, way worse.  As far as logos go, these are definitely not anything modern teams would ever consider for their uniforms which makes it difficult to sell to fans and critics (namely, us).  

So it's not to say you've done a poor job - not at all! - I would simply pick a lane and let your design evolution for these or whichever teams flow from an idea into a refined, simple bit of iconography that suits a modern, cleaner trend of design.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I really like that first Supersonics logo (save the fact that "Supersonics" is misspelled).

It is too detailed, given that logos are used on caps and the left chest of polos, etc.  But man do I like it.  I like it better than the round one because I think the mountain adds a lot to it.  

Maybe try to cut some of the detail out of the buildings?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This is a vast improvement! Kudos! It's getting there. The way the cityscape just barely breaks the line of the basketball at either end is a little disturbing. And you might play with simplifying the skyline even more.

rATMcmK.png

Looking good.  I still really like the mountain from the first one, though I realize adding a mountain could clutter it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 2 weeks later...

I feel you have a lot of graphical elements placed on top of each other but there's not a lot of cohesion in the design.

I think if you look at NBA logos and find a key element or two to focus on and think about how to add the wordmark in a non obstructive way, that will go a long way toward improving this concept. 

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Echoing what some others have said: Simplify, simplify. Consider what's lost when shrunken down or seen from far away. What can you do to make the logo instantly recognizable under those circumstances? Also, when you make the first letter of each word bigger in your wordmark, it throws the wordmark off-center.

rATMcmK.png

Archived