Jlrendon316

Jazz and Sonics Concept

The Sonics logos are much too detailed. They are illustrations, not logos. Consider what is lost when the logo is shrunk down. The Jazz is okay, though I think enlarging the wordmark will help with the dead space.

9 hours ago, Whittier S said:

The Sonics logos are much too detailed. They are illustrations, not logos. Consider what is lost when the logo is shrunk down. The Jazz is okay, though I think enlarging the wordmark will help with the dead space.

I disagree, I LOVE the detail in the Sonics logo.

But most of it will disappear if shrunk even slightly, so what's the point? 

19 hours ago, Whittier S said:

Couldn't have put it better myself. 

22 hours ago, Whittier S said:

This is a big problem, from a far it will just look like a green circle

These are fine from a t-shirt perspective.  If you're looking into secondary marketing for a brand like this, you could do way, way worse.  As far as logos go, these are definitely not anything modern teams would ever consider for their uniforms which makes it difficult to sell to fans and critics (namely, us).  

So it's not to say you've done a poor job - not at all! - I would simply pick a lane and let your design evolution for these or whichever teams flow from an idea into a refined, simple bit of iconography that suits a modern, cleaner trend of design.

I really like that first Supersonics logo (save the fact that "Supersonics" is misspelled).

It is too detailed, given that logos are used on caps and the left chest of polos, etc.  But man do I like it.  I like it better than the round one because I think the mountain adds a lot to it.  

Maybe try to cut some of the detail out of the buildings?

This is a vast improvement! Kudos! It's getting there. The way the cityscape just barely breaks the line of the basketball at either end is a little disturbing. And you might play with simplifying the skyline even more.

Definitely white script yellow ball, I like the cursive but that’s a little to much, try a different cursive font. Good improvements 

I'd love to see this with a few different typefaces. Keep experimenting--wordmarks are more than simply picking a font and typing.

Looking good.  I still really like the mountain from the first one, though I realize adding a mountain could clutter it.

If I were you, I'd probably go with a sans serif font, instead of a serif font that would look dated.

I feel you have a lot of graphical elements placed on top of each other but there's not a lot of cohesion in the design.

I think if you look at NBA logos and find a key element or two to focus on and think about how to add the wordmark in a non obstructive way, that will go a long way toward improving this concept. 

Echoing what some others have said: Simplify, simplify. Consider what's lost when shrunken down or seen from far away. What can you do to make the logo instantly recognizable under those circumstances? Also, when you make the first letter of each word bigger in your wordmark, it throws the wordmark off-center.