Freeform New Look

DCarp1231

looks like it was designed to fit in an instagram/twitter profile circle. Sucks that full identities are being designed around these dumb limitations. 

Not that the first logo was good, but at least it tried to be something and tried to have an identity. This one looks like the logo for an app. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

It doesn't have a lot of originality, but like @McCarthy said, it was designed for social use. It was made to be versatile, to fit whatever color scheme it needed, and it was made to fit social media profiles. That's it, though. No distinctiveness, nothing special, nothing original. It's not really good or bad, it's just kinda there.

Can we please dear God stop with the whole modern, sleek, icon, fits good in an inch wide square crap? The old one was completely fine, it worked with a smooth transition from ABC Family to a new millennial-centric "comedy"/drama channel. Kinda funky in a very subtle way, and expressed the mood of the channel very well. This is piping hot garbage. (Actually, it does still fit the programming kinda well, huh?) I'm sick of every design being targeted towards millennials, and I (regrettably) am one! Look at Netflix, they make a wordmark hip, and that's all that millennials watch anyway. If your ratings are low, making yourself more boring isn't gonna help matters. 

"Freeform streaming services... You'll know us by the logo with the red circle! Not Pinterest, two down one to the left. Nope that's OpenTable... you know what there's nothing to watch here anyway. Go outside. A Little Forward!

Rant over.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

On 1/27/2018 at 3:42 AM, RETROJR79 said:

Yeah but when are they going to debut I was watching Freeform and the soon to be old logo is still on the screen

Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform is using the new logo in the TV guide, but the old logo is still being used on the channel itself.

On 1/25/2018 at 4:53 PM, stumpygremlin said:

How badly do you think that network wants to be rid of Robertson?

I'd say pretty badly.

Remember when Eisner bought the channel from Murdoch and wanted to change the name to XYZ? I think he should have proceeded to do so and Disney would've already washed their hands of Robertson years ago. Maybe they could've made it into a rival to FX and Spike?

Archived