The Nati MacDaddy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/4/2018 at 11:38 PM, mkg74 said:

Don't forget Sabbath! please

Of course not. They will come after Nirvana and The Who. I will pair them with ZZtop in the NAC.

Looking further down the road will be the Rolling Stones in the UKC and Bachman Turner Overdrive (BTO) in the NAC.

On 2/5/2018 at 12:57 AM, BellaSpurs said:

I’m curious what classifies as rock, would younger bands such as Green Day and Fall Out Boy not classify because they’re more punk rock? Or are we sticking to classic rock and roll, from the eighties and such

I see why you have questions regarding what does or does not constitute as "Rock" music. It is an all inclusive term that does not have a clear definition. For purposes of this thread I will limit the classification of the word "Rock" to Rock bands of the 60's through the 90's of any type of Rock genre be it punk, heavy metal, or classic rock. Any bands that formed and performing in those decades will be considered as possibilities for league membership into the We Will Rock You FFL. Green Day was formed in the 80's so they could be up for consideration in this FFL. Fall Out Boy was formed in 2001 so I will say that they are not included in this league.

Metallica looks pretty sharp, although I can just picture a throwback being more Raiders-inspired. Maybe Slayer could be the Silver and Black for this league instead?

How many other bands will be represented in this series? I also have a feeling there might be some potential with the Offspring's flaming skull icon, or maybe Kiss could have a helmet that uses the facepaint similar to how the Bengals use the tiger stripes..

58 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Metallica looks pretty sharp, although I can just picture a throwback being more Raiders-inspired. Maybe Slayer could be the Silver and Black for this league instead?

How many other bands will be represented in this series? I also have a feeling there might be some potential with the Offspring's flaming skull icon, or maybe Kiss could have a helmet that uses the facepaint similar to how the Bengals use the tiger stripes..

Thanks for your feedback. I really haven't considered the number of bands that will be in this series. 12 teams is usually the standard league size but I'd like to have several options to choose from so that it would attract membership. I am finding that red and black or just black and white are the most common color schemes that bands use. ( ie. Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Slayer, Van Halen and AC DC are Red and Black) I want to be more diverse with the color schemes but sometimes that is difficult to do because the color scheme is so closely tied to the logo/wordmark. I was thinking of the band Misfits tied into the Raiders silver and Black but Slayer might work. I am also finding that it is a challenge to come up with helmet logos that are not just a wordmark slapped on a helmet. Skulls and flames(Offspring, Grateful Dead, Misfits seem to be the most commonly used logos. the second most common logo has some type of wing or winged creature (Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, and Queen just to name a few) I am intrigued with your idea about the Kiss logo because I am a huge Bengals fan and think that the Bengals' striped helmet logo is one of the best in the NFL along with the Rams, and Vikings helmet logos. I'll mess around with it and put it out there to get your input. Thanks again for the idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Want to get these next two concepts out for your input. The 6th team to join the UKC is Black Sabbath. I stayed with the red and black color scheme and tweaked the fallen angel logo to kind of resemble the design elements of the Atlanta Falcons current helmet logo. How did I do?

Black_Sabbath_Wordmark.png Black_Sabbath_secondary_logo.pngBlack_Sabbath_helmet_logo.pngBlack_Sabbath_helmet_sticker.png

Black_Sabbath_helmets_6_perspectives.png

Black_Sabbath_Home_Uni.pngBlack_Sabbath_Home_Alt_Uni.pngBlack_Sabbath_Color_Wash_Uni.png

Black_Sabbath_Away_Uni.pngBlack_Sabbath_Away_Alt_Uni.pngBlack_Sabbath_Away_Alt_Uni_2.png

And now I give you ZZ Top the 6th entry into the NAC. I am using two shades of red (Eliminator Red and Washington Redskin Maroon). I stayed with the Redskin color scheme on the uniforms with a few tweaks to the shoulder and pant striping. Let's see what you think.

ZZ_Top_Wordmark.pngZZ_Top_secondary_logo.pngZZ_Top_Helmet_logo.pngZZ_Top_helmet_sticker.png

ZZ_Top_6_perspectives.png

ZZ_Top_Home_Uni.pngZZ_Top_Home_Alt_Uni.pngZZ_Top_Color_Wash_Uni.png

ZZ_Top_Away_Uni.pngZZ_Top_Away_Alt_Uni_2.pngZZ_Top_Away_Alt_Uni.png

9 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Very nice work on Sabbath. Try black socks with the black jersey/white pants look.

Surprised that the Falcons have never tried red pants.

I'll try the black socks suggestion. Thanks. I found this on google. It must have been a one time deal on Color wash Thursday Night game.

Archived