Quidditch World Cup (England Kits UP)

bucknut42

Hello all, 

As a fan of Harry Potter, I wish that there were more Quidditch concepts here on the boards. So here is my attempt to add some more concepts to the forum. I have created concepts for the Quidditch World Cup (QWC), which is extremely similar to the soccer World Cup. The QWC happens every four years, and according to the math of Harry Potter, 2018 is the next year for the QWC. So, I have in mind 32 different countries to create logos and Quidditch Kits for, and then to move to a professional quidditch league of some sort. We'll see where this project goes, but without further ado, I present to you all, the 2018 QWC logo.

XxL9pOj.png

The 2018 QWC takes place in the United Kingdom, hence the blue and red . The snitch is featured because the snitch is the most important aspect of a quidditch game, not to mention the QWC trophy I designed has a snitch on it. As always, C&C appreciated! The first two team's logos and kits will be up sometime today! 

spacer.png

Yes yes yes! I’m so glad someone is doing this. I wanted to do it years ago but didn’t have the time or talent... I’m pretty excited for this and will be following. Good luck!

Side question: will you be using canonical rules / team names / players or creating them on your own?

5 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Sad Quidditch ball is sad.

Apart from that - great work. Definitely looking forward to your next posts.

Not going to lie, as much as I love this logo and the concept of a thread about Quidditch concepts..... All I can see is a sad Snitch haha.

Beyond that, it's freaking amazing!

I too am looking forward to this. I remember when I was younger I read Quidditch Through the Ages and it described all the major teams of Britain. I came up with logos for all of them, but not uniforms because I didn’t have a clear idea what a Quidditch uni was supposed to look like.

First off: I've almost got the first country finished, so they'll be up today.

Second, to answer a few questions:

I am planning on using some canonical items, like some of the countries mentioned etc, but I am planning on adjusting the rules to make it more logical. That won't matter if I don't simulate, which I don't know if I will get to that. I'm planning on using some teams from Quidditch Through the Ages, but also creating some of my own. 

spacer.png

First team is done, BUT first things first! Here is an updated logo for the QWC. Hopefully this gets rid of of the "sad ball" feel.

4dQpW5T.png

So there it is folks, let me know your thoughts on the new and updated QWC logo. 

And here is the first team in the QWC.

0BmFN9Y.png

Each team will have two kits, one colored and one white. Here is the first set of kits for the United States of America.

43F8a8T.png

XPeJZiJ.png

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

These kits could have wizarding world manufacturers as well. Nimbus 8s clearly the Nike of the WW.  

Funny you should mention this, but I had made up a company based off one of the characters in the books. the logo on the chest and collar of the under layer is this:

h0PDhi5.png

My idea was that Alicia Spinnet, former chaser for Gryffindor, graduated (if that's what they call it at Hogwarts) and went on to create her own Wizarding apparel company. Spinnet was the name of her company and starting in 2018 would be the official uniform and apparel supplier of the QWC. 

Also, I have the second team nearly ready to go, so they'll be up later today.

spacer.png

Archived