Best Almost Super Bowl Matchups

MCM0313

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets-Vikings almost happened twice (1998 and 2009) but they lost their respective Conference Championship game both times. Super Bowl XXXIII (1998) would've been the better looking uniform matchup in a different timeline. 

Related image

For the hell of it, here's an alternative timeline Super Bowl XLIV (2009) matchup.

Image result for jets vikings 2008

XM4KeeA.png

51 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

If both conference title games flipped, this would have been Super Bowl XXV instead of Bills-Giants:

49ers-Raiders-1988-002.jpg

That's another one that feels like it should have happened before. It's amazing that the 49ers have played in six Super Bowls but never against the Raiders, Patriots, Steelers, or Colts, who have combined to be 26 - exactly half - of the AFC/AFL's participants to this day.

Cool thread idea.

Here's a good one that hasn't been mentioned. 

1999 had the possibility of an all Florida matchup coming out of the final four in what would've both teams wearing their peak looks, but they both lost. The Jaguars only lost 3 games that season and they were all to Tennessee. The Bucs got hosed on the Burt Emanuel call.  

Jacksonville+Jaguars+v+Tampa+Bay+Buccanemcfarland.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

PvO6ZWJ.png

36 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

1995 instead of cowboys/Steelers III...

this would have been a beauty.

Harbaugh-in-action-for-Colts.png09000d5d829cdf0a.jpg

That would've looked nice, but I think Packers in green against Colts in white would have looked even nicer...not that it would have happened, but for some reason I love the Colts in all-white.

8 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

That would've looked nice, but I think Packers in green against Colts in white would have looked even nicer...not that it would have happened, but for some reason I love the Colts in all-white.

Just for comparison's shake :P

Matchup #1

VXMzQn7.pngMfMnnFW.png

Matchup #2

jXCbZiW.pngbTihb6l.png

On 1/21/2018 at 5:55 PM, Ditka said:

I tried like hell to upload a picture for the would- be 1988 Super Bowl of Bears-Bills to make up for theoretically erasing the 85 Bears, but I couldn't get the picture to upload from Getty. 

UQZAMcV.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived