Super Bowl LIII logo

Pharos04

6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

This wouldn’t even be the most flagrant misuse of numbing in WrestleMania logo history. 

SUPER BOWL L-THREE

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Lee Noire said:

SUPER BOWL 2019

or simply

SUPER BOWL

WWE has done weird stuff with Mania numbers.

Which I hate but love at the same time.  I get why they do it to "show off" the area more but I miss the numbers with it.  The play button for WrestleMania 31 made sense for the WWE Network but they could have done something a bit better

16 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Possibly because the logo is supposed to be evocative of the host City and not the resident franchise?

This the flag of the City of Atlanta

us-ga-at.gif

Dark blue, but probably couldnt incorporate the gold as it would conflict too much with the silver lettering. 

16 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Interesting, but I don’t see it. Atlanta’s city flag is pretty generic, following a template many US states and cities use. It’s not likely something that someone looking to reference Atlanta specifically would draw on. 

Tampa 2021 on the other hand ...

956px-Flag_of_Tampa,_Florida.svg.png

But considering that LI and LII don't take their color from the city flag (maybe state though?), it is more likely based on host conference then anything related to the city itself. It would be nice to see some orange or aqua for Super Bowl LIV. As I say that though, it's kind of sad that one of the few things there is to speculate over for modern Super Bowl logos is, "what color will pair with the remaining 90% chrome?"

On 2/6/2018 at 3:26 PM, pitt6pack said:

Super%20Bowl%20LIII%20Logo.jpg

http://www.myajc.com/sports/leadoff-atlanta-super-bowl-gets-second-logo-from-nfl/ZD3mMsWBQy11SELltjcByH/

Similar to how this year used purple and light blue throughout Minneapolis and the stadium, next year there will be 'electric' red along with navy.

Eh I figured they would change the color. I don't know. 

- "Ice_Cap" - “red for AFC venues, blue for NFC venues.”
Yeah quite possibly. At this point, this makes complete sense now.

Red for last year's AFC Texans home stadium NRG Stadium, Red LI colors - for AFC (NOT the red in the Texans logo)
Blue LII for NFC Vikings / US Bank Stadium
So..ok LIV 2020 SHOULD be red for AFC Miami location. Then back to blue for LV in Tampa Bay. etc, etc

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

1 hour ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

What would they do for LA? Rams and Chargers are going to share the stadium

red for super, blue for bowl.  It really doesn't matter.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I saw the Super Bowl LIII style guide.

1) fear not--- there is PLENTY of Red.   The theme is Red Blue and Silver.  The color scheme is reminiscent of the late 80s/early 90s SB logos except less muted.  Remember despite the logo there was tons of purple in the LII branding. Same thing here with Red.

2) the vertical stripe/gradient effect from LII has been replaced with a sort of geometric pattern, inspired by the stadium.

3) they are using a font similar to diamante extra bold

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

38 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

I saw the Super Bowl LIII style guide.

1) fear not--- there is PLENTY of Red.   The theme is Red Blue and Silver.  The color scheme is reminiscent of the late 80s/early 90s SB logos except less muted.  Remember despite the logo there was tons of purple in the LII branding. Same thing here with Red.

2) the vertical stripe/gradient effect from LII has been replaced with a sort of geometric pattern, inspired by the stadium.

3) they are using a font similar to diamante extra bold

Hard for SB LIII to avoid using red somewhere, since the seats themselves in ATL are red and black.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this after *checks date* 10 months of inactivity, but poking around NFL.com they're starting to filter out some of the secondary markings that are going to be more "localized" that isn't the template-y stuff and actually fits in more with the past Super Bowl logos.

logo-SB-LIII-Secondary.png

There's a Red/black variant as well with "Super Bowl" above it that I saw on NFL.com but can't seem to uncover it at the moment.

Why does the NFL continue to do this?  I don't mind it but it seems like a waste of resources to put the templated logo as the primary...and then cover all the events in the secondary logo and colors.  They've been doing this since XLVI in Indy and it just makes no sense!

Edit:

few others I've stumbled across with this year's secondary scheme

Super Bowl LII Tickets

ff_3229492-0cedada71b410894c521alt1_full.jpg&w=900

71Yftcv3HRL._SX425_.jpg

i think it makes sense. if you think of the Lombardi trophy as the brand logo (Apple) then each game as a new campaign (Crazy Ones, 1984, iPod, Im a mac). 

i really like the ATL stuff this year. im happy to see some color and personality coming back to the game and i think they’ll use more of the local/yearly stuff this year than before. im anxious to see the sideline gear

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived