Super Bowl LII Field

cajunaggie08

Looks like they'll be using the same Super Bowl field template from last year with team logo sitting next to team wordmark. The compressed nature of the Eagles wordmark will leave a lot of blank space to the right while I assume the Patriots endzone will look the same as last year's

axQxYcK.jpg

IMG_6565.JPG.e092675d74579a3b1f6e6629873

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

The empty space is the perfect place to put the NFC logo.

The NFC logo on either side makes the whole thing really unbalanced.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

25 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

The empty space is the perfect place to put the NFC logo.

That was my initial thought. It looked like they purposefully left room for the NFC logo, but then I realized the Eagles wordmark wasn't centered and it was just a case of it being a narrow wordmark compared to what the Patriots will use.

On 1/23/2018 at 2:17 PM, cajunaggie08 said:

Looks like they'll be using the same Super Bowl field template from last year with team logo sitting next to team wordmark. The compressed nature of the Eagles wordmark will leave a lot of blank space to the right while I assume the Patriots endzone will look the same as last year's

axQxYcK.jpg

Interesting that they brought out the Vikings logo template for whatever reason

90758391980.gif

The NFL really needs to rethink these endzone design conventions moving forward. Neither the Patriots nor Eagles wordmarks were designed for off-center applications. Just looks brutally awkward.

On a separate note: I can't find the photo now, but it looks like we're getting yard numbers in the Vikings' font only without purple trim. I was under the impression the Vikings had their field markings stitched in and not painted on. Did the NFL bring in a whole new field?

19 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

The NFL really needs to rethink these endzone design conventions moving forward. Neither the Patriots nor Eagles wordmarks were designed for off-center applications. Just looks brutally awkward.

On a separate note: I can't find the photo now, but it looks like we're getting yard numbers in the Vikings' font only without purple trim. I was under the impression the Vikings had their field markings stitched in and not painted on. Did the NFL bring in a whole new field?

Only the endzones were brought in as blanks. 

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/01/24/nfl-transforms-us-bank-stadium-into-neutral-super-bowl-home

The yard markers in the Vikings font is an odd quirk for a game not featuring the Vikings. Strange that the NFL would let that slide for the Super Bowl. Reminds me of how the last few years, the Georgia/Florida game has featured the Jags font for the yard markers.

From-the-Press-Box-EverBank-Field-31-Oct

3 hours ago, jc... said:

They may have had all 4 conference finalists shipped there just in case. 

I believe that has been the standard practice for a while now.  I think they also had the Broncos one there as well for whatever reason

On 1/23/2018 at 6:04 PM, insert name said:

Why can't they just use the Conference logo like they did in the past? It helps balance everything in the endzone.

8kesyiJ.png

Definitely should bring back the helmets in the endzones.  Although I like it when they made it so the background and the helmet were never the same color.  Those were the days.

SuperBowlXVField.jpg

90758391980.gif

Archived