76'ers Betsy Ross Logo

C-Squared

1 hour ago, Broken Record said:

Nice Wonder Woman hints. Not sure what's going on with the ball. Is it a balloon? Needle and thread?

Ahh, can't un-see it as a balloon now... its supposed to be a ball spinning on a needle, probably needs more work!

1 hour ago, Whittier S said:

Is she sitting on the inside edge of a hoop?

It started as a ball, but felt too crowded with the panels... just an arbitrary roundel for now :)

I think it's a little odd to give Betsy Ross of all people boobs like ya did, but design wise, it's done pretty well. I can get the idea of wanting to give it a more Betsy Ross-ish vibe with her sewing, but I'd try to make her a little more athletic so that it fits in with the vibe of the Ben Franklin logo. That kind of cohesiveness between the two logos would tie together the identity pretty well.

13 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I think it's a little odd to give Betsy Ross of all people boobs like ya did, but design wise, it's done pretty well.

:lol: In my defense, I based the design off Nikki Reed as Betsy Ross in Sleepy Hollow:

tumblr_inline_nvzbtuRGoq1r8wz5i_540.jpg

13 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I can get the idea of wanting to give it a more Betsy Ross-ish vibe with her sewing, but I'd try to make her a little more athletic so that it fits in with the vibe of the Ben Franklin logo. That kind of cohesiveness between the two logos would tie together the identity pretty well.

I may try something more in-action than sitting and sewing, but I figured the socks & sneakers bridged the athletic gap... my concern is that without the sewing, it will read as a girl with a flag, not specifically Betsy Ross.

Gonna echo what just about everyone said, although I do think you need some flag imagery in there because, let's face it, Betsy Ross is not as iconic as Ben Franklin is (side note: the Betsy Ross Flag is the one with the stars in a circle). In terms of the balloon problem, I think all you need to do is move the ball over to her finger.

I agree with most of  what's been said here, this is the first one that off the mark because it's much more sedentary than the Ben logo. I also saw the ball as a baloon at first glance. Possibly keep the ball on one hand while she's multi-tasking with the needle (which I think you need to enlarge because as it is it just looks like a straight line)? 

The feather in her har also seemed a bit random though now that I saw your model it makes sense. a bonnet just seems more era- appropriate

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Huge :censored:?  Olive-ish skin?  Egyption eyes?  Head covered kinda like a hijab or ski hat?

I love the concept (though women's groups would protest the gratuitous cleavage), but that doesn't look anything like I'd imagine Betsy Ross to look like.  I think I know where you're going with the hat, but it's not working.  You're really close to something great, just needs some tweaks.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&biw=1600&bih=737&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=hQFqWpymI5H0zgLKrKh4&q=betsy+ross&oq=betsy+ross&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l10.109199.110575.0.110589.10.10.0.0.0.0.152.939.2j6.8.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..2.8.937...0i67k1.0.0iz31JO85Yo

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Aside from the comments others have made, the part that I find a bit odd is the placement of the legs & feet. The  seemingly awkward, almost pigeon-toed stance of her sitting infantalizes her a bit.  She looks like a nervous 13 year old (in that aspect) rather than an adult woman.  Not sure you want to convey that with the character.  I would try to find some way to convey strength rather than passivity or awkwardness with the character.  

17 hours ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

Gonna echo what just about everyone said, although I do think you need some flag imagery in there because, let's face it, Betsy Ross is not as iconic as Ben Franklin is (side note: the Betsy Ross Flag is the one with the stars in a circle). In terms of the balloon problem, I think all you need to do is move the ball over to her finger.

I second that the flag should be era correct, with circle of stars, if there is any way to remedy that.  Its looking great though!  Good idea!  Huge improvement on the bonnet from version one to version two

1 hour ago, AOK66 said:

I second that the flag should be era correct, with circle of stars, if there is any way to remedy that.  Its looking great though!  Good idea!  Huge improvement on the bonnet from version one to version two

Agreed. I still think the boobs need to be downsized, though. You don't see Ben Franklin running around with a huge dickprint in his pants. Let's not sexualise historical figures,

I mean, it has the same problem as almost all your women-ized logo concepts, which is that the boobs look like a horny twelve-year old drew them.

But I understand that you're making them for t-shirts, in which case you obviously understand your target demographic. :lol:

23 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Agreed. I still think the boobs need to be downsized, though. You don't see Ben Franklin running around with a huge dickprint in his pants. Let's not sexualise historical figures,

The 6ers logo isn't sexualized?

1_f.jpg?2523

Left: Ben Franklin

Right: Michael Bay Presents: Ben Franklin

On 1/25/2018 at 1:44 PM, AOK66 said:

I did originally use the circular star pattern, but the way the flag folds, the circular effect was sort of lost... does seem important, though... something to work on!

1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

1_f.jpg?2523

Left: Ben Franklin

Right: Michael Bay Presents: Ben Franklin

And you say yours isn’t?

Betsy_Ross_sewing.jpg1_f.jpg?9987

Left: Betsy Ross

Right: Brazzers presents: Betsy Ross

Not trying to be a dick, but athletic and sexy aren’t really the same thing. Your logo isn’t really athletic, more than it is sexualized.

Archived