New logo for me

1990hornet

So for a couple years now, I've been working on this design I made that just represents my Christianrocker persona but I've used it for everything. And while I like it, with me sorta relaunching under a new name, I decided it was time to update the logo. Unfortunately, the new logo is only in sketch form right now.

DQaFUbl.png

with all the great imagery and icons you have to work with, given the name, i'd say thats about as lame of a logo as you could ever have come up with :P 

but seriously, your heads in the right space; simplicity and good form, but what is it in? a sans serif font (not customized) and a circle; theres a fine aesthetic foundation there, but what does it communicate? what does it actually "say"? how could you change one thing and make it express what you really want? maybe start with a guitar pick shape instead of a circle? maybe try a blackletter font instead of a geometric sans?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 2 months later...

I was trying to play off the @ symbol to more represent my computer prowess. I admit it's plain. But I seriously struggle with ideas. I like the guitar pick suggestion. I may play with that.  However, let me add that I'm changing from Christianrocker, to "CRaysball Studios". And as a result, I was trying for something a little more professional. So I don't know. 

9 hours ago, 1990hornet said:

I was trying to play off the @ symbol to more represent my computer prowess. I admit it's plain. But I seriously struggle with ideas. I like the guitar pick suggestion. I may play with that.  However, let me add that I'm changing from Christianrocker, to "CRaysball Studios". And as a result, I was trying for something a little more professional. So I don't know. 

If the inspiration is @, what about nesting the R inside the C to make it a little tighter, and the portion inside the swirl will be more a shaped. I’d also play around with rotating or italicizing a bit.

Edit: This is just something that I drew with my finger, but I think there could be something there.

09EF1256-D095-488D-8FBC-6D221175CB49.jpe

On 4/6/2018 at 8:53 PM, 1990hornet said:

Seems like you need to know your name before you can know your brand, unless you manage to design a killer brand and then your name based on the brand/logo.

It's where I sit.

On 4/7/2018 at 4:50 AM, Cosmic said:

If the inspiration is @, what about nesting the R inside the C to make it a little tighter, and the portion inside the swirl will be more a shaped. I’d also play around with rotating or italicizing a bit.

Edit: This is just something that I drew with my finger, but I think there could be something there.

09EF1256-D095-488D-8FBC-6D221175CB49.jpe

Thats awful, it looks like a "special" taco bell logo. I just dont like the R. I think it should be ditched

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2018 at 10:37 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Seems like you need to know your name before you can know your brand, unless you manage to design a killer brand and then your name based on the brand/logo.

I know what name I want. The new one. After that. I struggle with the brand. I know being a Christian is a big part of my life. However, I'm not sure I want the logo to reflect it anymore. 

On 4/17/2018 at 6:32 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

Sketched this up real quick. Just an idea, I think it keeps the Christian Rock theme going, while also incorporating the letters: C0gLBU4.png

EDIT: Oops, drew this before i saw the name change

I do like this though. 

• 4 weeks later...

Okay. So I did some thinking. And while I like the name CRaysball as my online moniker, I don't think it works for a creative media studio name. So I'm gonna wipe the slate clean and start with a new name.

Now, I'm a huge Disney fan, and a huge fan of Walt's line of thinking on creativity. One of my favorite quotes from him is his "keep moving forward" quote. I love the idea of wonder, curiosity, and creativity it puts forth. So just running this name by y'all before I start pondering any potential logo. What about Open Wonder Studios?

On 4/11/2018 at 9:37 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Sorry, not trying to be harsh, but I'm not sure how much effort I'd be willing to put into this if you aren't entirely sold on what you want to be called. Make a decision. Take a stand. Stick with it.

It's where I sit.

34 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Make a decision. Stick with it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived