8BW14

8BW14's NFL Concept Thread: Ravens updated (10/7)

i think someone else also had the idea of putting the bronco hair on the sleeves, and you both decided to use orange hair on orange sleeves, which makes it hard to see. Try blue hair or blue sleeve caps and the orange jerseys. 

Here’s a new one for your viewing pleasure today, the Baltimore Ravens

91KiLvu.png

I designed a new logo-without- the awkward B that has to be squeezed onto the logo on the left side of the helmet. I dropped gold, replacing it with a medium gray. The idea was to be dark and ominous, playing up the Edgar Allan Poe connection. I also updated the shield logo to match the new branding but lost the file so you’ll just have to squint to get a good look at it on the uniforms.

NZz9kbm.png

The new new uniforms feature a high gloss black helmet with the logo on either side. The number font is a custom block font, which I will post the rest of later today. On the sleeves are stylized wings. The pant stripe is also meant to mimic a wing or feather. The updated shield is used on the hip of the pants rather than the shoulders of the new uniforms. Purple is the primary home jersey, white is the road, the black remains as the alternate and the fourth purple jersey with the black yoke is my version of a Color Rush alternate. The Shield logo is prominently featured on the helmet and single color black socks help to break up the purple. I just thought it would be a fun alt to break out at home once a year.

Please let me know what you think. Any feedback is always welcome and thanks for taking the time to have a look.

11 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Here’s a new one for your viewing pleasure today, the Baltimore Ravens

91KiLvu.png

I designed a new logo-without- the awkward B that has to be squeezed onto the logo on the left side of the helmet. I dropped gold, replacing it with a medium gray. The idea was to be dark and ominous, playing up the Edgar Allan Poe connection. I also updated the shield logo to match the new branding but lost the file so you’ll just have to squint to get a good look at it on the uniforms.

NZz9kbm.png

The new new uniforms feature a high gloss black helmet with the logo on either side. The number font is a custom block font, which I will post the rest of later today. On the sleeves are stylized wings. The pant stripe is also meant to mimic a wing or feather. The updated shield is used on the hip of the pants rather than the shoulders of the new uniforms. Purple is the primary home jersey, white is the road, the black remains as the alternate and the fourth purple jersey with the black yoke is my version of a Color Rush alternate. The Shield logo is prominently featured on the helmet and single color black socks help to break up the purple. I just thought it would be a fun alt to break out at home once a year.

Please let me know what you think. Any feedback is always welcome and thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Love the logo, getting rid of the B is always a plus. Home and Away jerseys look great, not a fan of the wing design for the sleeve, but still looks good. Black jersey is good with the exception of the numbers, I'd go white trimmed in purple to match the homes. Black and Purple pants are good, maybe adjust the stripe to have the gray completely outline the feather so the black pants aren't so odd. Gray pants look good, but not sure about having them as the primary with the purple tops. Maybe go white, black and purple pants and use a much darker gray for the color rush with a dark gray top with black yoke and purple and black numbers?

On 10/4/2018 at 11:01 AM, HoopsCoach55 said:

Love the logo, getting rid of the B is always a plus. Home and Away jerseys look great, not a fan of the wing design for the sleeve, but still looks good. Black jersey is good with the exception of the numbers, I'd go white trimmed in purple to match the homes. Black and Purple pants are good, maybe adjust the stripe to have the gray completely outline the feather so the black pants aren't so odd. Gray pants look good, but not sure about having them as the primary with the purple tops. Maybe go white, black and purple pants and use a much darker gray for the color rush with a dark gray top with black yoke and purple and black numbers?

Thanks for the comment. I think I agree with you about thepant stripe and the numbers on the black jersey, no reason for them not to be white with purple trim. I’m thinking about lightening the grey all together, as is I think it kinda blends too much with the dark purple and black in the color scheme, like what the Eagles currently have going on. I’d really like to stay away from a gray jersey, doesn’t seem like it fits the brand. Thanks for the feedback though. Hopefully I will be able to make some updates soon.

Here are a few updates to the Ravens:

7fLE0vy.png

pvgcuQX.png

97gHS5Y.png

W9aCTu0.png

I lightened the gray all around, which I think is a big improvement, I changed the numbers on the black jersey from gray to white for better legibility and more consistency with the rest of the set. I also added a purple stripe to the pants stripe to better define the stripe on the black pants. I also included a larger image of the updated shield logo and a full set of numbers.

As alway,s let me know what you think and thanks for taking a look.

42 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Here are a few updates to the Ravens:

7fLE0vy.png

pvgcuQX.png

97gHS5Y.png

W9aCTu0.png

I lightened the gray all around, which I think is a big improvement, I changed the numbers on the black jersey from gray to white for better legibility and more consistency with the rest of the set. I also added a purple stripe to the pants stripe to better define the stripe on the black pants. I also included a larger image of the updated shield logo and a full set of numbers.

As alway,s let me know what you think and thanks for taking a look.

Still not a fan of gray pants, but otherwise...... holy crapmonkeys, that's amazing for the Blackbirds!