NoE38

North American Markball League; A Fictional Sport & A Fictional History: 1966 Offseason

2 hours ago, ItsSlothy said:

Where can I find this Major League Hockey you have In your sig? 

Once you get 500 posts and have been on the boards for at leasts 6 months, there's a fantasy sports section open to the board members. 

3 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Once you get 500 posts and have been on the boards for at leasts 6 months, there's a fantasy sports section open to the board members. 

I'm nearly there.

3 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Thanks.

1966 NAML Offseason

It was a busy offseason in the Markball world, here are some of the stories:

Toronto becomes first team to unveil new primary logo

A few weeks after the Urquhart Cup, word got out that the Nationals were holding a huge press conference at team headquarters. As all the press had settled in, Nationals president Nathaniel Simmons pulled away a cloth that was covering a board. as it came off, the press were shocked to see that the board featured two new logos prominently on it. Simmons explained that he felt it was time to embrace the team's nickname, the stallions. "This nickname has been a huge part of our history and we wanted to honour that" he said. The first new logo features a T in an oval resembling a ball, with three holes on either side of the T, slightly resembling a horseshoe. The second logo features a 3/4 view of a Stallion in the team's colours. Along with the new logos, the team announced a new away jersey, which saw the striping of the original away jersey removed, and the socks switched out for plain blue. The unveiling was met with mixed reactions. Some fans praised the switch, while others were disappointed with the switch away from the old logo, which had been used since the team's founding.

mTUqgYt.png

Dragons unveil new away jersey

The Dragons also unveiled a new away jersey during the offseason. It was a surprising move, as they ditched the gold colour that was originally their primary colour for white. However, the gold is still present in the uniform.

g71U29Y.png

Inaugural Hall of Fame Class announced

With the Hall of Fame announcing its completion and opening during the 1967 offseason, the league announced the pantheon's inaugural class. Players include:

Leo Edward, FF, WAS

Grad Rox, F, PHI-BOS, Coach, BOS

Len Garey, FF, MCH

Andrew McCaig, GK, MCH

Harry Keener, DF, MCH

John Peters, F, CHI

Lester Gros, FF, TOR

Arnold Lejoscasa, FF, STL

NAML announces third international series

The league also announced that it would be holding an international two-game series between Canada and the US, to be held in Montreal and New York. This is the third time the league has hosted such an event, with the other two times being in 1949 and 1963.

Merle makes second big announcement and commissioner

Lastly, Peter Merle announced that the NAML would hold its first ever draft in 1968. For reasons unknown the league executives had been hesitant to implement the system, but they finally caved in once Merle took over the helm. With the announcement, each team hired several more scouts to go around the continent, seeking which players were the best fit for their teams.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The season post will hopefully be up soon, but obviously, with exams coming up, school will be my main focus. We'll see what happens.

I love the new Toronto Stallions logo.

Glad to see that this thread is getting a new post

42 minutes ago, TargetToad said:

I love the new Toronto Stallions logo.

Glad to see that this thread is getting a new post

To be honest, I think it's only a matter of time before the team officially changes its name to the Stallions. Fans have started to only refer to them as the Stallions, so if Simmons catches note, then it will happen.