NBA 90s series(Supersonics Added 09/29 SERIES COMPLETED)

72freebie

On 1/28/2018 at 7:34 PM, 72freebie said:

Here we go guys, a new thread that is a follow up to my NHL 90s series last summer. This time we are doing basketball. The NBA in the 90s was a wild time for designs. Teams like the Raptors, Hawks, Bucks, and Grizzlies are the teas that stand out to me but there were many other fantastic and crazy designs. I plan to make a concept for every team in the league with designs similar to the ones I just mentioned. I plan to do all defunct teams that were around in the 90s as well as teams that are around now but weren't in the 90s. Without further ado, lets start this off with two concepts.

Golden State Warriors.

Golden State had some wild jerseys with bold lightning bolts on them n the 90s. I decided to take this to the max and use the bolts as a full jersey and shorts design. Also present is a gradient in the numbers and the road jersey being a red to orange gradient. Definitely out there but I really like how they turned out.

QZSV30Q.png

Second up is the Portland Trailblazers

Portland has always stayed with their sash design and while I do really like it, I wanted to try something implementing their logo. I made it the main design aspect with the lines extending much farther than usual and eve on to the back of the jersey. I could have seen something like this being a reality in the 90s.

0u6qYxg.png

So there's the kickoff for this new series. I am extremely excited to be doing this and I'm hoping you all enjoy it as much as the NHL series.

I like the Blazers wraparound lines, but how would the back of the shorts look like if the lines from the bottom of the back of the jersey continued into the shorts, including the waistband?

J0BkrJP.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OKC is the only one I'm not too big on but the others you did an amazing job on, especially the Spurs where you managed to keep the traditional black, silver, white while incorporating the Fiesta colors that are currently just sitting there with nowhere to go. In a perfect world, the Spurs will be giving you a call. Good job!

• 3 weeks later...

This series is back and expect quite a few posts this week!. Next is the Boston Celtics. A team that has hardly ever changed their jerseys. This concept is so far out there from anything they would ever do but It was quite fun to do. Put the Celtic man on the front similar to the raptors or hawks jerseys from the time. Also put huge clover leafs on the sorts and put a real emphasis on gold for the road jersey.

pN8YnJX.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

8 hours ago, 72freebie said:

This series is back and expect quite a few posts this week!. Next is the Boston Celtics. A team that has hardly ever changed their jerseys. This concept is so far out there from anything they would ever do but It was quite fun to do. Put the Celtic man on the front similar to the raptors or hawks jerseys from the time. Also put huge clover leafs on the sorts and put a real emphasis on gold for the road jersey.

pN8YnJX.png

Definitely a jersey I could see rappers rocking in the 90s.

• 4 weeks later...

Back again! This time I've got two concepts for you as well as some updates. I have went back and added strings to the front of all the team's shorts. 

First up is the Charlotte Hornets. I had to use the old logo on the front as it fits perfectly on the front of the jersey for this type of series. The jersey s coated with a teal honeycomb pattern as well as some bold stripes at the bottom of the shorts that come from the stinger of the hornet logo.

sAEzncX.png

The second concept is for the Cleveland Cavaliers. I went with a very large logo on the side with the weird swoosh from the logo going across the jersey and down through the shorts as well. 

Y0u2otz.png

Also here is some small updates

mDJHawB.png

XRcBpTt.png

D8hzBsA.png

Next up is the Milwaukee Bucks. A little more tame on this one with a more simplistic design. The shorts and jersey design makes a triangle which comes from the old primary logo. A large buck head is featured on the shorts which would definitely stand out.

xSA76Gc.png

So, um, yeah, this is the first time that a jersey the team actually wore was more xtreme than your intentionally gaudy concept. My goodness the 90's were a trip. These would be perfectly acceptable if the Bucks hadn't already one-upped you with those horrendous purple green alternates they had for a while. Therefore in cases like that I wouldn't be afraid to go all out with the 90'sness, throw some gradients in there, a funkier font etc.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

On 4/5/2018 at 4:55 PM, Bruins said:

These would be perfectly acceptable if the Bucks hadn't already one-upped you with those horrendous purple alternates they had for a while

Eh...we never had a purple alt.  I figure one thing...if it had been purple instead of green, Bucks fans would have a much lower opinion on the big deer uniform. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, I know that it's been forever since I posted on here and I have to admit that I kind of forgot about this for a while. I've been very busy with lots of other projects and just haven't had time to post on here. I have had quite a few teams done for a while now but I just haven't posted them. To make up for all of the time I haven't uploaded, today I am posting multiple concepts. I hope to get back to creating new concepts for this series as it really is a lot of fun and I am glad that it has been so well received.

Phoenix Suns

vskJQdT.png

Sacramento Kings

8iACMzm.png

Los Angeles Clippers (using proposes 90s colors and logos) 

W4xpXqQ.png

Miami Heat

SI4zFFw.png

Houston Rockets

HNeDrBZ.png

Minnesota Timberwolves

O8Eq4Qz.png

New Jersey Nets

ohPql3k.png

Philadelphia 76ers

woUrssP.png

I hope you enjoy these new concepts and I hope to be back soon.

Archived