bbb

TNF Color Rush by bbb

Recommended Posts

What up folks it's been a long time since I last posted something in the Concepts' forum. What l got here to show ya is my take for TNF. 

 

We all know that the whole "color rush" program has been criticized for long and that some teams are tryna sneak out of it ( see : my Fins wearing all white vs the all purple Ravens even if orange and purple don't clash ; or the redskins wearing all burgundy instead of their all-yellow CR look) , but i think that this is a great idea to switch things up a lil bit , if done correctly. Personally , i hate the fact that in 2016 only 2 outta 14 (and in 2017 4 outta 13 ) "supposed" CR games were actually color vs color matchups. So, i think back in December 2016, i started creating my own list of CR unis , to create more color vs color games and to make even the color vs white games more interesting from a jerseys' point of view. 

 

HERE ARE THE RULES:

1) each team gets a "color" uni and a "whiteout" uni

2) i know it sucks , but i kept the one-helmet rule. Team can switch decals tho if they want to

3) helmet logos sometimes are modified to create a different look from the "normal" one . Some helmets will have logos that look something like this , you know , just to mix things up Oregon-Ducks-Galaxy-White-Helmet-1.jpg

 

4) The home team always wears the colored uniforms. If the opponent's color clashes, then the opponent is allowed to use its special "whiteout" CR uni

5) Home team has to paint the field in full CR style (you'll see)

 

Without further ado , let's roll. I'm going to post by division , 2 teams at a time . (note that since I've done these in the last year/year and a half, some players may have changed team, i already tell ya that i didn't wanna fix those unis so i didn't)

 

Starting with AFC WEST

 

LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

As much as i love their current CR uniforms, i think yellow suits more the CR overall idea, so i went with that. The colored uni gets a yellow facemask, while the whiteout gets a white one and a number on the side of the helmet . The whiteout has all the yellow removed from the uniform except for the logo on the helmet.

XJwKoiH.png

 

The field follows the yellow style of the colored uniforms (as all the fields do) , even the center-field logo gets the yellow facemask

cVxPg67.png

 

 

LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

They gon move in 2020 if not even in 2019 so i already used the LV name. Color uni is a blackout , and this is the first Oregonesque helmet logo that y'all get to see. The whiteout is basically their current CR uniform (which is a fauxback) but gets a throwback logo on the helmet 

vwqXGyu.png

gRwysJy.png

 

What y'all think ? Am i off to a good start ? KC and DEN up next after some C&C (dance)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chargers white out is beautiful. I'd prefer the powder blue to the yellow, but the yellow is well done, and doesn't give me anything I'd criticize (for it being yellow).

The Raiders don't have a lot that can be done, and the oversize logo on the black is a nice touch, as is the old school logo on the whiteout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm liking this so far. I do think the Color Rush wordmark on the field is a bit much. It's just driving home something that the NFL has already beaten to death. Maybe, if anything, move it to outside the numbers like teams do for the Kickoff Weekend and Play60 and whatever else.

 

AP_790957690521.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

I'm liking this so far. I do think the Color Rush wordmark on the field is a bit much. It's just driving home something that the NFL has already beaten to death. Maybe, if anything, move it to outside the numbers like teams do for the Kickoff Weekend and Play60 and whatever else.

 

AP_790957690521.jpg

 

:censored: imma have to re-do all the fields? :wacko:  i'll give it a try tho ahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In looking at the fields... wouldn't the NFL shield on the "top" of the field be flipped?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

In looking at the fields... wouldn't the NFL shield on the "top" of the field be flipped?

 yea it would make sense to me too but apparently the teams don't do it. I noticed that watching games and also checking the gridiron field database

 

Here's an example, look at the top-right 25 yard line NFL shield ( sorry for poor quality but it's the first i've found in google)

fan-on-field__oPt.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BONUS TIME 

 

So , since i wanna give this topic a boost start, i'll post DEN and KC right now. Late xmas present you know ;)

 

DENVER BRONCOS

The color uni has the normal home jersey BUT features some new orange pants, i think they look slick . Oregon-inspired helmet logo also right here. The whiteout is a simple fauxback to what they wore in the 60s in the AFL

qGE8ZuH.png

3nHvQI4.png

 

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

When i knew all the teams were gonna get CR, i really hoped KC woulda gone all yellow. They didn't , but hey, at least i had a uniform to create huh ! They also get a new yellow facemask and yellow KC letters on the helmet's logo.( Should i have gone with red numbers with white contours? I dunno tell me watchu think) . The whiteout is basically the all-white look that they wear sometimes, i think it looks dynamite but maybe it's just meQWBcXwy.png

 

Arrowhead lookin' fresh in yellow

GFLf9CN.png

 

 

Watcha think bout these ? I want some more comments hey :)

AFC SOUTH will be coming atcha maybe even tomorrow

 

Anybody up for some C&C?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! Nobody has anything to say ? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like these! They are an interesting take on the Color Rash uniforms. A few complaints

 

  • Keep the Helmets the same

LA Chargers

  • Good but maybe focus on powder instead of navy for the accents?

Oakland Raiders

  • No complaints, but get rid of the big mono black raiders logo

Denver Broncos

  • Make the numbers navy and you've got yourselves a winner

Kansas City Chiefs

  • Give it red numbers and its a beauty

IDK what else to at, great series!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t let the lack of comments discourage you! These are good concepts. I love what you did with Denver. The Chargers overall look is great, and I like the return of the helmet number. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK so going SOUTH right now

Gotta tell ya that this was by far the most difficult division to do, since these teams aint got lotta history that gave me the possibility to utilize retro looks (HOU,JAX, & TEN) and also IND wasn't easy cause the only use 2 colors , blue and white, so i had to work hard on these.

 

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

They wanna be #tealforever? So gave em an all teal look. their current gold CR ain't awful but i do think this would look a lot better. Couldn't go with fauxback in the whiteout due to the one-helmet rule, so just tweaked their away set's colors and made it more gold. Solid

GxVYVeY.png

W0XAkLn.png

 

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Soooo i was kinda stuck with this. Didn't know what to do. Their all-blue CR look isn't bad but i wanted to switch things up , but how??? They only got 2 colors in their color scheme. Suddenly, i discovered something i didn't know. Maybe some of you already knows this , but before the current Baltimore colts (now Indianapolis) franchise was founded in 1953, there had been another team called "baltimore colts" that played from 1947 to 50 in the AAFC and in the NFL . The 2 franchises aint got nuthin in common but the name.  The 2nd incarnation used a similar logo but different colors (blue/white rather than green/grey). I immediately knew i had something . I decided to use the current jersey template but with the old franchise's colors in order to create these beautiful fauxbacks. Hey i know they look a lil bit like the jets but i think that used one time per year on TNF would be a great way to pay homage to your franchise's ancestor (does that even make sense ahahah  but y'all get it, right?)

CQc19oh.png

 

Also the field embraces the old school colors for one night. Note that also the helmet in center field is painted to match the new/old colors.

aiRK3PS.png

 

Watchu think ? Lemme know with some C&C .... HOU and TEN up next ;) 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We aint gotten no C&C but.. ok

 

HOUSTON TEXANS

Had nothin to work with here since they were founded in 02. The color is the all red look they've already used in the past but with blue numbers. Red helmet logo. Whiteout simply has a white oregonish logo

cUYM1pl.png

nLmPMax.png

 

TENNESSEE TITANS/OILERS

Fauxback to their Oilers years cause even if they played only one year in Tennessee before renaming , why not? I think it still looks better that their current set LOL

hdQ4SkE.png

JSkvfcp.png

 

Whaddaya think ?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston is the best of the bunch.  

 

Tennessee looks good, but less Oilers logos. The uniforms can stay, but use variations of the Titans logo, inspired by the colors of the Oilers.

 

And Indy looks like the Jets, that’s not gonna fly In real life, but as a concept it works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow what a Super Bowl it was ... the underdogs upset the Pats huh . Gotta say that I'm kinda crazy happy hey, I'm a dolfan after all ;) 

 

In honor of Philly , I'm going to post the NFC EAST , starting with the 2 teams that were able to stop the pats in recent SB history

 

NY GIANTS

Brought back the red jerseys , paired em with some red pants and i think we got a winner in a CR mindset. The whiteout is their current CR, looks sneak and i wouldn't mind if this made a return as a full-timer away set

PEgeY1e.png

vrxGhTh.png

 

 

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Philly Philly!! Thanks guys for beating dem cheaters ( pats fans don't get offended)

 

Their current all-black CR is awful. These ones are straight fauxback mode. I woulda liked going back to kelly green but i couldn't due to the 1 helmet rule. So , i mixed the old kelly green template with current colors... Yes or nah? i think yes but it's just me ahah. Also the field gets a fauxback style to match the jerseys 

WVmA26t.png

5MEX8TS.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2018 at 8:59 AM, bbb said:

OK so going SOUTH right now

Gotta tell ya that this was by far the most difficult division to do, since these teams aint got lotta history that gave me the possibility to utilize retro looks (HOU,JAX, & TEN) and also IND wasn't easy cause the only use 2 colors , blue and white, so i had to work hard on these.

 

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

They wanna be #tealforever? So gave em an all teal look. their current gold CR ain't awful but i do think this would look a lot better. Couldn't go with fauxback in the whiteout due to the one-helmet rule, so just tweaked their away set's colors and made it more gold. Solid

GxVYVeY.png

W0XAkLn.png

 

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Soooo i was kinda stuck with this. Didn't know what to do. Their all-blue CR look isn't bad but i wanted to switch things up , but how??? They only got 2 colors in their color scheme. Suddenly, i discovered something i didn't know. Maybe some of you already knows this , but before the current Baltimore colts (now Indianapolis) franchise was founded in 1953, there had been another team called "baltimore colts" that played from 1947 to 50 in the AAFC and in the NFL . The 2 franchises aint got nuthin in common but the name.  The 2nd incarnation used a similar logo but different colors (blue/white rather than green/grey). I immediately knew i had something . I decided to use the current jersey template but with the old franchise's colors in order to create these beautiful fauxbacks. Hey i know they look a lil bit like the jets but i think that used one time per year on TNF would be a great way to pay homage to your franchise's ancestor (does that even make sense ahahah  but y'all get it, right?)

CQc19oh.png

 

Also the field embraces the old school colors for one night. Note that also the helmet in center field is painted to match the new/old colors.

aiRK3PS.png

 

Watchu think ? Lemme know with some C&C .... HOU and TEN up next ;) 

 

 

 

 

 

That jaguars teal color rush is beautiful ?? Keep up the great work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts seem to jets like to me. Their whole identity is kinda thrown out the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DALLAS COWBOYS

They still den boyz? Who knows.. what i know is that l had to go wild at least for one team , and this the case. Gave em this kinda volt blue shadow with dark blue numbers, think it looks cool but watcha think? Should l have been more "conservative" ?? The whiteout is their current CR , looks solid

jl80wIL.png

 

Please note that also the end zones helmets got painted in the volt blue colorway 

PDqiRis.png

 

 

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Ok , i get it , they don't like the all-yellow banana look but hey , it would be only for one game after all. I think it would be cool. Only change is the 'SKINS word mark used instead of the normal one. Whiteout is simple yet effective, all-white look from their glorious days
SR1CtSQ.png

VQXPmbA.png

 

 

Sooooo? Waiting for y'all feedback :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, you've done really well. I like most of them, and the fields are really well executed. A couple complaints: the Cowboys blue is two bright. I know there's not a lot to work with, but it's too much. Also, while I always appreciate a good throwback, I don't think going with green and gray for Indy was the best move. Other than that, though, everything looks great! My personal favorite is probably the Jags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2018 at 3:28 PM, bbb said:

 

jl80wIL.png

 

Yay, another shade of blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now