MLS Miami

Mac the Knife

Yesterday, Major League Soccer finally announced it was ready to go with David Beckham's franchise in Miami.  Last I heard it was being bounced around as "Miami Beckham FC," which is an atrocious name; I'm hopeful for "Florida Flamingos FC," but it'll likely be something European sounding ("Racing Miami FC?") or dull (just "Miami FC" or "Miami Beach United").  We shall see.

nav-logo.png

41 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

Last I heard it was being bounced around as "Miami Beckham FC," which is an atrocious name

Thats the placeholder corporate name of their ownership group, it was never intended to be the club name. 

Miami FC is currently taken, although they have just dropped down to semi-pro and would posssibly entertain offers. 

_U7cS6dD.jpg

I thought I heard just after Atlanta and Minnesota were added that there would be no more teams named United, so I would rule out Miami United. Miami FC is currently in use and I would probably rule out FC Miami as well. I do expect something European to go along the lines of how we have naming our soccer clubs nowadays. Ive heard everything from Inter Miami to Miami Vice.

Signature intentionally left blank

28 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

I thought I heard just after Atlanta and Minnesota were added that there would be no more teams named United, so I would rule out Miami United. Miami FC is currently in use and I would probably rule out FC Miami as well. I do expect something European to go along the lines of how we have naming our soccer clubs nowadays. Ive heard everything from Inter Miami to Miami Vice.

I don't think there's a set league rule, just a lack of support for a branding that is already over-saturating MLS. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Dilbert said:

If the Real name wasn't used in Utah of all places, Miami would be perfect for it.  Alas, thats not happening.

Im thinking something like Atletico Miami or Inter Miami.

"Miami Beckham FC" would not have surprised me one bit a few years ago. I think we're safe from that now but I'm less sure that we're past the corny cosplaying of international clubs. I'd love something that works bilingually, but is less 90s than Impact and less desperate than Real.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

They had "Futbol Miami MLS" plastered everywhere, and are using that as their social media brand.  I thought that was it.

Nope.  That’s a placeholder.  They’re going to unveil their name, colors and badge over the next several months/year in what is expected to be a long media blitz. 

Theu may well disappont you.  But not yet. 

I'm also okay with Futbol Miami. I don't think we're going to get many more City Nickname franchises in MLS, so anything mildly different than FC or United and culturally appropriate is fine by me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 1/30/2018 at 10:40 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I don't think there's a set league rule, just a lack of support for a branding that is already over-saturating MLS. 

Hmm, what's a good word that invokes uniting and things coming together. 

Oh yeah, fusion. 

• 3 weeks later...

In a melting pot like Miami it has to be something universal and not for the benefit of one community.

That being said I wouldn't mind them just using SC, Soccer Club, Sporting Club, Social Club.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

19 hours ago, tigers said:

In a melting pot like Miami it has to be something universal and not for the benefit of one community.

That being said I wouldn't mind them just using SC, Soccer Club, Sporting Club, Social Club.

Great, you just gave them the idea to use "Miami International FC"

16 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Great, you just gave them the idea to use "Miami International FC"

Internacional Miami might be a good look for the,. as long as they use hot pink, light blue and flamingos. They'll probably wear all white at home too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Internacional Miami might be a good look for the,. as long as they use hot pink, light blue and flamingos. They'll probably wear all white at home too.

Inter Miami isn't a bad name as far as the more European names go. I think the all white look is inevitable anyway.

Archived