1 hour ago, Buc said:

...it will be my single most comprehensive project to date... it's a product of my perspective as seen from my workspace--the open roads of America!

Okay, then...after that teaser, you can't NOT do it. Good luck, Buc...

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think your new Steelheads logo is a huge improvement!

I love the colors, and you're right, it works both in Seattle flag mode and in Indigenous copper + teal mode. The S/hook/hockey stick logo also quite nice!

My only suggestions are to keep the silver of the logo on the home jersey, and maybe to rotate and/or translate the bottom portion a bit so the S shape is a bit more continuous.

We're getting closer and closer to our team here; your continued concepts are keeping me hyped!

• 3 weeks later...

The explorations in this thread are great. I just joined this forum but I've also been working on some concepts for Seattle's NHL team, so I thought I would add them to the mix.

I have shared these with the @SeattleSinBin Twitter account and he has posted them to get feedback from Seattle hockey fans. The response has been mixed, with many people seeming to like the logos, but not responding favorably to the color schemes for either concept (too similar to the Portland Timbers and OKC Thunder for many people's liking). I've always felt that the Seattle navy & neon green color scheme would be great for continuity's sake with our other pro teams, but not so great for the sake of originality or differentiating ourselves from the blue & green colors of the Vancouver Canucks.

Seattle Pilots

DpnKu1oU4AAT5rZ.jpg

Seattle Breakers

DqeHW8tW4AITVzS.jpg

I have a couple other ideas for logos that I plan on exploring for Steelheads and Kraken, even though Sparky Chewbarky has already done concept designs for those names. I'll see if I can come up with some other options that are a little more unique to the standard list of names being mentioned for the future NHL team.

6 hours ago, BobbyB said:

The explorations in this thread are great. I just joined this forum but I've also been working on some concepts for Seattle's NHL team, so I thought I would add them to the mix.

I have shared these with the @SeattleSinBin Twitter account and he has posted them to get feedback from Seattle hockey fans. The response has been mixed, with many people seeming to like the logos, but not responding favorably to the color schemes for either concept (too similar to the Portland Timbers and OKC Thunder for many people's liking). I've always felt that the Seattle navy & neon green color scheme would be great for continuity's sake with our other pro teams, but not so great for the sake of originality or differentiating ourselves from the blue & green colors of the Vancouver Canucks.

Seattle Pilots

DpnKu1oU4AAT5rZ.jpg

Seattle Breakers

DqeHW8tW4AITVzS.jpg

I have a couple other ideas for logos that I plan on exploring for Steelheads and Kraken, even though Sparky Chewbarky has already done concept designs for those names. I'll see if I can come up with some other options that are a little more unique to the standard list of names being mentioned for the future NHL team.

Firstly, I think it would be beneficial to start a thread of your own for your work so it does not get mixed up with Sparky’s. Other than that the logos and colors are great imo, but try something different with the socks on the uniform set, it is very unbalanced. Also, do you think the NHL would really let a dark jersey be paired with white bottoms? That would be an on ice disaster.

42 minutes ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Firstly, I think it would be beneficial to start a thread of your own for your work so it does not get mixed up with Sparky’s. Other than that the logos and colors are great imo, but try something different with the socks on the uniform set, it is very unbalanced. Also, do you think the NHL would really let a dark jersey be paired with white bottoms? That would be an on ice disaster.

Alright thanks for letting me know. I'll start a separate thread.

I'm admittedly more of a basketball, football, baseball fan and am not well-versed in the details of hockey uniforms. I'm sure there are some tweaks that could be made to the uniform, but I just wanted to present my ideas for possible team name and logo combinations. Thanks for the feedback I'm glad you like the general concepts.

21 hours ago, BobbyB said:

Seattle Pilots

DpnKu1oU4AAT5rZ.jpg

Seattle Breakers

DqeHW8tW4AITVzS.jpg

Nice work Bobby B...you're quite welcome to throw your stuff on this thread...Although I think you're gonna have enough material to start your own...and showcase your designs on their own. I like how you've referenced the Seattle City flag with your "S"s. Good stuff BB. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys...Ive been playing around with a new colour combo for the franchise...Dark-aqua (blue/green)/Gold/White...(Let's call the Dark-Aqua a "Deep Pacific Green"?)... 

I think that it's different enough from the Sonics' yellow and green to be considered.

Anyway, I experimented with the Kraken concept and added a couple of new logos in the process...

F4OCEHA.jpg

Here's the look "in action"...

.XvZXTLz.jpg

zhRhJnF.jpg

A few merchandise applications...

4hYhCiI.jpg

9XXXzAl.jpg

65ahegM.jpg

I also tried the Pacific Green combo with a few other concepts...

HkuA1Ys.jpg

szOsKIc.jpg

g0tSRMj.jpg

New color schem > all other color schemes

Great job, I like the updates to the kraken, it’s the best it’s ever looked and might now be my favorite design and to reiterate @Dan O'Mac metros look astounding with the “deep pacific green”! Amazing looks all around

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

These are amazing.    

I'm not a fan of the Evergreens nor Emeralds   I love the Sawbucks (or Stags) concept, but it doesn't strike me as very Seattle.        The beavers remind me of a school in Oregon, and I don't know why Seattle would ever use that logo or color scheme.   

The Nor'Wester logo is odd to me.   It reminds me of the Whalers "W" initially, and secondarily it reminds me of the Nordiques.    And visually, the "W" is prominent and that doesn't bring Seattle to mind.    Washington state perhaps?    But that name is always confused with the city on the other coast.

Your Totems logos and color schemes are a vast improvement over the original local team.    I really like the most recent version with the thunderbird at an angle, as though ascending.  

Surprisingly to me, I think I've fallen in love with the Sea Lions and the Kraken logos.    This is not what I expected - my first instinct would be to go with the Metropolitans - and if that name and logo were chosen today, I'd be happy.    But the recent Kraken stuff is a ton of fun and very unique.    The "eye" alternative on the shoulder reminds me of the use of the closeup "hawk eye" in the Seahawks logo.     The Sea Lions logo is fierce, and you're right about the trident.   It's a great design element.

One thing that was confusing - a couple of the stylized "S's" that you've created with the hockey stick incorporated look like the musical notation "G Clef"    

My one wish for Christmas is:   the new franchise owners would consult with you on creating and selecting the actual team name and logo.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:11 AM, sparky chewbarky said:

The "Steelhead S" logo could also be adapted to fit the "Sockeyes" theme and colours...

6ljs1pK.jpg

I love this whole thread, a great distraction from work.  They are all fantastic, and nothing I can actually add.

However, this new Steelhead S logo is great, I think even better in this colour scheme.  Is there any way to build a set around this particular combo on the logo? The set back on page 16 had the silver as a jersey accent, but I think it looks great in the logo here and keeping it in the logo would make it really jump.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 11:22 AM, Dan O'Mac said:

Holy balls, I love that Metropolitans look SO MUCH with the new color scheme. That extra color makes everything look so good.

On 11/12/2018 at 5:40 PM, B-mer said:

Love it. Looks great for the Sealions. 

It actually reminds me of the green the Seahawks used before their navy/neon rebrand. 

On 11/12/2018 at 5:14 PM, woody86 said:

Would you mind putting it up against the other greenish teams ( stars, wild, sharks) to show contrast? I'm having a hard time not seeing forest green. Thanks! Aside from that, the color scheme is great! 

Thanks guys...I'm liking the "Deep Pacific Green"/Gold/White combo also. I think that it's a good option for a nautical theme.

The "Deep Pacific Green" is a hard colour to get just right, but I'd say, woody86,

that it's blue-er and darker than Dallas...blue-er than the wild...and green-er and darker than the Sharks 😀

On 11/14/2018 at 11:42 AM, deadinthewater said:

Oh - and where can I buy a Kraken t-shirt?     I'd buy a couple

Hello deadinthewater...Thanks, and you can get a T over at Zazzle...

On 11/17/2018 at 4:11 PM, johnnysama said:

I like the ideas you have here, sparky chewbarky. Sorry about the misunderstanding, I thought this thread was an open thread for anyone to submit ideas.

No problem johnnysama...good luck with your concepts!

On 11/19/2018 at 3:12 PM, smokie24 said:

I love this whole thread, a great distraction from work.  They are all fantastic, and nothing I can actually add.

However, this new Steelhead S logo is great, I think even better in this colour scheme.  Is there any way to build a set around this particular combo on the logo? The set back on page 16 had the silver as a jersey accent, but I think it looks great in the logo here and keeping it in the logo would make it really jump.

Thanks smokie...The new Steelhead S logo is being well-received...I think that I'll give all the concepts one last final tweak...

Hope I'm not distracting you too much from your job 🙂.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:39 AM, deadinthewater said:

These are amazing.    

I'm not a fan of the Evergreens nor Emeralds   I love the Sawbucks (or Stags) concept, but it doesn't strike me as very Seattle. The beavers remind me of a school in Oregon, and I don't know why Seattle would ever use that logo or color scheme.   

The Nor'Wester logo is odd to me.   It reminds me of the Whalers "W" initially, and secondarily it reminds me of the Nordiques.    And visually, the "W" is prominent and that doesn't bring Seattle to mind.    Washington state perhaps?    But that name is always confused with the city on the other coast.

Your Totems logos and color schemes are a vast improvement over the original local team.    I really like the most recent version with the thunderbird at an angle, as though ascending.  

Surprisingly to me, I think I've fallen in love with the Sea Lions and the Kraken logos.    This is not what I expected - my first instinct would be to go with the Metropolitans - and if that name and logo were chosen today, I'd be happy.    But the recent Kraken stuff is a ton of fun and very unique.    The "eye" alternative on the shoulder reminds me of the use of the closeup "hawk eye" in the Seahawks logo.     The Sea Lions logo is fierce, and you're right about the trident.   It's a great design element.

One thing that was confusing - a couple of the stylized "S's" that you've created with the hockey stick incorporated look like the musical notation "G Clef"    

My one wish for Christmas is:   the new franchise owners would consult with you on creating and selecting the actual team name and logo.

Thanks for the detailed response "ditw"...I think that the Evergreens name might be a dark horse in this whole naming thing...I'll get to that later...

Yes, the "S" Kraken logo looks like a G clef in reverse...I'll see if I can tweak that, although as a 3rd logo, it might not be a big deal. It looks better when with the complete "Seattle" word. 

And for the "Kraken" name fans, I finally got around to completing the video...

Archived